Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

these NFL sized contracts are absurd, I am all for paying a kid but these reported valuations are insane. I know the reports often embelish the truth, but going off what I have access to, this is not a sustainable model regardless of the pockets. IMO the only way NIL works out appropriately in the future is actually having a rev share/split with the athletes where there is a true value/services, make it NFL-lite. Right now its mercenary hirings that wont be sustained by boosters if results dont follow or once a big time prospect doesnt live up to the hype/expectation.

Ruiz seems to make these kids actually work, and he has reported mutual benefit from the athletes he has signed, so might be wrong. But really dont see how one recoups that investment, its literally flushing it for the benefit of your team.

Advertisement
I don't blame them for taking this deal if it was offered. Lesson learned here on proof of funds though. He'll never live this down if he doesn't end up being a stud

Frustrated World Cup GIF

these NFL sized contracts are absurd, I am all for paying a kid but these reported valuations are insane. I know the reports often embelish the truth, but going off what I have access to, this is not a sustainable model regardless of the pockets. IMO the only way NIL works out appropriately in the future is actually having a rev share/split with the athletes where there is a true value/services, make it NFL-lite. Right now its mercenary hirings that wont be sustained by boosters if results dont follow or once a big time prospect doesnt live up to the hype/expectation.

Ruiz seems to make these kids actually work, and he has reported mutual benefit from the athletes he has signed, so might be wrong. But really dont see how one recoups that investment, its literally flushing it for the benefit of your team.
Agreed…it’s not sustainable.

Let’s say Rashada got his deal. That’s over $3M allotted to the QB position in 2023.

Then there is the 2024 class. Florida wants to sign another blue chip quarterback. Then factor in normal wage inflation typical of sports. The next QB gets $4M. That’s now $7M allotted to the position overall.

Then we get to 2025. Another blue chip. More wage inflation. The 2025 blue chipper gets $5M. Now between Rashada and the two subsequent signees, Florida is now out laying $12M in a year for three quarterbacks.

Finally we get to 2026. Rashada decides to stay for year four. The 2024 and 2025 quarterbacks are not leaving either. Florida wants their fourth consecutive blue chip quarterback, and he’s going to sign for $6M per year. Thus, by 2026, the University of Florida is now spending $18M in a single year on just one position.

Unsustainable.

But that is the issue with the free market isn’t it. As dumb as 15 autographs for $14 million sounds, it’s not illegal because someone or some company can choose to ay that much for those services. It’s all what someone is willing to pay. Which is why NIL rules are so easy to abide by and why anyone who can’t contract for a service, any service, and runs afoul of NIL is a moron; as this Gator collective appears to be run by either a moron or many morons.
Theoretically, all the Collective would need to require is for Rashada to sign one autograph in four years and it would be fine with the NCAA

Advertisement
Agreed…it’s not sustainable.

Let’s say Rashada got his deal. That’s over $3M allotted to the QB position in 2023.

Then there is the 2024 class. Florida wants to sign another blue chip quarterback. Then factor in normal wage inflation typical of sports. The next QB gets $4M. That’s now $7M allotted to the position overall.

Then we get to 2025. Another blue chip. More wage inflation. The 2025 blue chipper gets $5M. Now between Rashada and the two subsequent signees, Florida is now out laying $12M in a year for three quarterbacks.

Finally we get to 2026. Rashada decides to stay for year four. The 2024 and 2025 quarterbacks are not leaving either. Florida wants their fourth consecutive blue chip quarterback, and he’s going to sign for $6M per year. Thus, by 2026, the University of Florida is now spending $18M in a single year on just one position.

Unsustainable.
To me the sustainability factor is more around the return on investment of said NIL deal than the size of the deals; the money is irrelevant as long as you make it back. For example The NFL or any other pro league can afford monster contracts because the players are basically marketing agents for the teams. You go see the teams play and your team makes money on these players. In the current NIL market this money is literally money that has no return on the one providing the deals. Again, Ruiz said that lifewallet saw massively increased traffic based on NIL so it may be working for him but structures like the gator collective (and im guessing other collectives) do not have any return and that is just not sustainable regardless of how much money you have.

By all accounts, he seems like a nice kid who tried to handle his recruitment as best he could. However, he got absolutely screwed by his Dad in every way possible. Imagine going from a multi-million dollar NIL deal to absolutely nothing because dad wanted to live vicariously through him and get his own payday. Absolutely mindblowing.
The term "fumbled the bag" gets thrown around but moving forward it needs to be a picture of the Rashadas next to the definition. They left so much money on the table it hurts me.

Advertisement
there's no way the turds ever expected to honor that BS..... IMO, not even a Heisman QB is worth that kind of money.. as said above.. it's not sustainable even to the following class... and you'd have to be a mature *** 18/19yr old to be able to handle that kind of money.

The term "fumbled the bag" gets thrown around but moving forward it needs to be a picture of the Rashadas next to the definition. They left so much money on the table it hurts me.
I hope the kid does what he needs to so he can make some $$$ in the NFL. If he ends up being a bust, dad will be responsible for him losing out on millions of dollars.

Ruiz/Mario/fans totally on the turds and collective’s mind … got them f@caked up making them do stupidest decisions

AZ ST is the perfect landing spot for him.

He’s pretty much Jayden Daniels & was being recruited by Herm & Zak Hill to fulfill that role way back in February of 2022 until everything crumbled at AZ ST & everybody got fired lol. But with Dillingham & Beau Baldwin now in the seat there’s good offensive stability there & it will make for a much smoother landing spot.

This kid’s gonna do well in Tempe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back