Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Next years nil rules may be tighter or may be more lenient.
Think of nil as a tax code and we’re navigating it right now to its fullest.
Millionaires use it all the time to not pay taxes and sometimes have to switch everything around if it changes. But every year they push that tax code to the limit.

Next year the ncaa might cap nil and it’s back to the bagmen and handlers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn’t say ok but his ranking is based off of what he brings physically. His arm , build , and athletic ability checks all the boxes. Imo he’s not a five star or a sure thing but I do like him as a prospect. But he’s no Nico.

Rashada beats Emory in all physical traits but Emory on the other hand has advantages in the nuances of playing the position. His pocket presence , touch , accuracy and going through progressions is next level stuff for a HS qb.
by the numbers Emory is taller and has a bigger frame.

How can the NCAA punish a school that receives a commit from a player that got paid for NIL by a third party after Supreme Court said it was the student's right and states have passed laws codifying the arrangement?

Here’s an actual, a court has already ruled that the NCAA cannot limit anybody making money off of their name image and likeness. The NFL can have salary caps because it was a negotiated thing between the union and the league and there has not been a lawsuit trying to remove that so you’re a whole maximum salary thing isn’t a thing for the NCAA either
Agreed. That’s why I am wondering if a workaround might be a targeted maximum wage law affecting college students, passed either at a state or federal level.

Advertisement
Bingo - and yes, we should expect the lower-ranked guys that we grab from here on out to be significantly better than the ones we were obtaining under Manny, Richt, etc...when factoring in Mario + the rest of the staff + Highsmith; but c'mon now, anyone saying we shouldn't take arguably a top three quarterback with a higher ceiling than anyone in the 2023 class is asinine.
I tell people just watch his films Emory has poise in the pocket tells me a lot about a kid.

Here's a hypothetical (and not advocating for it, more this is a what-if exercise and trying to anticipate where a "salary cap" might get put into place)...

What if a majority of college football programs push for national legislation? Specifically, a law that sets a maximum collective NIL wage for a college athlete at $100K per year, indexed to inflation? Or something more generic, such as "no enrolled college student can earn more than (x) times more than the average earnings of all students at the same college"?

Maximum wage laws in general have been talked about in the past. Would a maximum wage law targeted at a subset of the general population (i.e. college students) pass legal muster?
Agree

Boosters are illegal in NIL . Businessmen like Ruiz are not successful because they’re dumb. I don’t disagree that there needs to be parameters, but this is the reality. And players are making the most of their opportunities while it’s here.
Boosters are not "illegal" in NIL ... they are part of the many "collectives" that have been formed. Boosters funnel funds to the collectives to provide the NIL funding. That is one huge issue ... exactly HOW each collective is operating.

I’m normally in total alignment with this.

However, if TVD comes back for 2023 season (I think a lot of us are jumping the gun on him declaring after this year) then we’ll have TVD, Jake, Jacurri, Rashada, and Emory in the QB room. I would be 100% okay with skipping on a 2024 QB and securing Hurley for 2025.

No.

Jacurri and Jake may leave, leaving us with only Rashada and Williams the following year.

You take a QB every year. May not always be a top 4-5 star because of the depth chart but never skip.

Advertisement
Sooooooo I know all crystal balls say Miami so let’s hope he comes to us. It would be gigantic and a coup for the program and possibly draw in another RAY RAY that looks like he’s a Cane👍❤️

Advertisement
Brown has a LONG way to go. I’ve watched him at Lowndes. He has the physical tools but is inconsistent. Good thing he has a couple years to learn before getting a real shot to start
So that’s fine it’s the finished product that counts. He’s got a year in and I like him Players love him and he has all kinds of versatility. Maybe he becomes a great tall Mario style receiver🤔

Advertisement
Back