Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Mainly you will probably see the NCAA change what is now essentially a play for play proposition and not allow 1rst year recruits into the NIL their freshman year. Watch and learn.
Interesting idea. So basically they would be playing for their first contracts(NIL).

Advertisement
So at 4pm if we get Jaden kudos to the program it will be great PR and possibly help us in the receiver room. If we don’t move on and if we need to miracle Mario will work it out. But I love Jacurri and Emory so im good.

Last edited:
No it’s an opinion on a football forum where we voice our opinions smartass.

This is getting outrageous. And what happens when Rashada is getting paid $1M/yr and Emory beats him out and is only getting paid $50k. Do we now have to pay emory $1.5M because he’s the starter? Is it smart we essentially payed a backup $4M? “Incentives in the contract, he’ll just transfer” blah blah, put this **** in perspective.

NIL doesn’t mean throw cash around like a ******* degenerate gambler. But you’re right, it’s not my money. I’m just worried that the money won’t be around long if it isn’t spent wisely.
You’re arguing exactly what NIL is not supposed to be. Rashada’s NIL market value is based on his Talent and Potential and whatever the Business owner thinks he’s worth. It’s not based on the school or Coach preference. Top NIL earners have Top Talent and Potential. Whatever Rashada or Emory is worth currently may change later based on production and popularity. This is no different in any other aspect in life. No person is a lock or guarantee but you you strike while the irons hot. Rashada is Hot and Williams is warm right now. That’s life. Williams will have every opportunity to change his market value at Miami or somewhere else. There’s no running out of money as this is not a school budget.

Advertisement
I think this is where the parody has a chance to set it in.

College Teams will almost have to manage like pro teams.
Since there will be tangible resources in acquiring them.

Is OSU really going to spend 4mil+ on their QB room every year to get new players and keep old ones?

Right now it’s new and everyone just reacting.

But let’s look at Texas A&M…they allegedly spent about $25million on their class which set the floor for a lot of these kids.

So next season they gotta pay to keep most of those kids and pay for the new class.

That’s $50m in 2023-2024.

Then in 2024-2025 they gotta pay between $75m-$100m to sign new players and keep their roster intact?

In short I’m not sure how sustainable these numbers are for everyone outside of a maybe 3-4 schools.

Which I think over time will work itself out.
That $25 mill is highly suspect for the 22 class alone. Is that $25 mill based off of what they will get paid over 4 years? Is the media embellishing these numbers? Are they rounding these numbers up to make the math simple, in that case a $25mil class for 30* could look a lot more like a $20mill class, ridiculous none the less? The facts are we really don’t know what these kids are truly getting paid because it’s all here say, the businesses don’t have to make the numbers public so there’s nothing to prove your source being truthful.

Yeah but this is what it takes to compete right now. We're meeting or exceeding market demands in everywhere else now with coaching and staff salary, facility upgrades, etc. We have to meet the demands in recruiting/NIL to make it worth it everywhere else.
True! Failure to be competitive in the NIL space will make our other investments far less meaningful. More than likely it would mean that we hold roughly even to Manny/Richt level recruiting, but we would not be a threat to land Top 10 or even Top 15 classes.
I think this is where the parody has a chance to set it in.

College Teams will almost have to manage like pro teams.
Since there will be tangible resources in acquiring them.

Is OSU really going to spend 4mil+ on their QB room every year to get new players and keep old ones?

Right now it’s new and everyone just reacting.

But let’s look at Texas A&M…they allegedly spent about $25million on their class which set the floor for a lot of these kids.

So next season they gotta pay to keep most of those kids and pay for the new class.

That’s $50m in 2023-2024.

Then in 2024-2025 they gotta pay between $75m-$100m to sign new players and keep their roster intact?

In short I’m not sure how sustainable these numbers are for everyone outside of a maybe 3-4 schools.

Which I think over time will work itself out.
Exactly. The trajectory gets you to an NBA team salary level first, and then ultimately will catch a few CFB programs up to NFL team spending. And maybe even higher.

People scoff at Nico’s deal now. But I can imagine a signing in ten years of a high five star quarterback entailing a four year $100M deal.

You’re arguing exactly what NIL is not supposed to be. Rashada’s NIL market value is based on his Talent and Potential and whatever the Business owner thinks he’s worth. It’s not based on the school or Coach preference. Top NIL earners have Top Talent and Potential. Whatever Rashada or Emory is worth currently may change later based on production and popularity. This is no different in any other aspect in life. No person is a lock or guarantee but you you strike while the irons hot. Rashada is Hot and Williams is warm right now. That’s life. Williams will have every opportunity to change his market value at Miami or somewhere else. There’s no running out of money as this is not a school budget.

You think these boosters have any ****** clue what their “market value” is like they have a ****** income statement and balance sheet stapled to their forehead lmao. They have no clue and in Rashada’s case like many others, their “market value” has a floor that starts at whatever amount the family or handler demands. It might as well be storage wars because no one has any idea what they’re gonna get out of it. Like I’ve said, unsustainable to move forward at the rate this is

That $25 mill is highly suspect for the 22 class alone. Is that $25 mill based off of what they will get paid over 4 years? Is the media embellishing these numbers? Are they rounding these numbers up to make the math simple, in that case a $25mil class for 30* could look a lot more like a $20mill class, ridiculous none the less? The facts are we really don’t know what these kids are truly getting paid because it’s all here say, the businesses don’t have to make the numbers public so there’s nothing to prove your source being truthful.
I asked previously and it was $30M for all four years. But that’s just one class. Do it for three more cycles and soon you are at minimum paying $30M each year for your roster. Reality will likely be far, far higher.

Advertisement
I asked previously and it was $30M for all four years. But that’s just one class. Do it for three more cycles and soon you are at minimum paying $30M each year for your roster. Reality will likely be far, far higher.
That’s if these numbers being reported are legit. If kid x is truly getting $350k a year for 4 years, why wouldn’t he just tell a member of the media or fan or whoever he is making $500k a year as a round number. $1.4mill turns into $2mill really quickly reporting those numbers. You kind of have to take these numbers with a grain of salt.

UF fans and maybe even members of the coaching staff are stating that Rashada is getting $2.5 a year. Brooklyndee and other connected insiders here are stating those numbers aren’t even close. What’s the number that ESPN, SI, etc are going to run with? This whole thing is the Wild West from kids getting paid to what’s being reported as well.

I think it’s a great comment and the style difference is just a matter of opinion. Jacurri lead his team to a State championship can run and pass and nobody here even mentions the kid. All you guys are missing whats already here.
Nobody mentions Jacurri because he has a long long way to go. There is a chance that he never plays a snap. In terms of a QB I would put him last on the roster behind Emory and Rashada if both signed, even if he is a year behind. Don’t you think it’s interesting that we are signing potentially two QBs this cycle? Jacurri has a monster ceiling but the likely hood he reaches it just isn’t great.

Agree 100% that this is what it will take for us to compete, no doubt. Just taking my canes hat off for a sec, across the board in CFB this is getting ridiculous and by this time next year will have become unsustainable… I already know it with these rich inbred ****wads that will bid anything to see their school win
That’s a different opinion than the one you voiced before that basically said “don’t spend all of our money. Save it for a rainy day instead.” Advocating to not spend all of the money is looking at it from an average Joe Schmoe point of view which is completely different than an organization that has become dedicated to INVESTING into football (and all other big sports for that matter).

That’s what committing to football, recruiting, and facilities entails my friend. You spend the money it takes to get the job done. Period. End of story. And thankfully we have people that don’t just want to get a job done. They want it to be great, **** even the best there is.

Advertisement
No it’s an opinion on a football forum where we voice our opinions smartass.

This is getting outrageous. And what happens when Rashada is getting paid $1M/yr and Emory beats him out and is only getting paid $50k. Do we now have to pay emory $1.5M because he’s the starter? Is it smart we essentially payed a backup $4M? “Incentives in the contract, he’ll just transfer” blah blah, put this **** in perspective.

NIL doesn’t mean throw cash around like a ******* degenerate gambler. But you’re right, it’s not my money. I’m just worried that the money won’t be around long if it isn’t spent wisely.
It's called the nature of the beast.

If the entire UM organization and support system wants to do this why do you care?

Money won't be around long? They know this is a constant grind.

New to recruiting alert.

You think these boosters have any ****** clue what their “market value” is like they have a ****** income statement and balance sheet stapled to their forehead lmao. They have no clue and in Rashada’s case like many others, their “market value” has a floor that starts at whatever amount the family or handler demands. It might as well be storage wars because no one has any idea what they’re gonna get out of it. Like I’ve said, unsustainable to move forward at the rate this is
Boosters are illegal in NIL . Businessmen like Ruiz are not successful because they’re dumb. I don’t disagree that there needs to be parameters, but this is the reality. And players are making the most of their opportunities while it’s here.

Nobody mentions Jacurri because he has a long long way to go. There is a chance that he never plays a snap. In terms of a QB I would put him last on the roster behind Emory and Rashada if both signed, even if he is a year behind. Don’t you think it’s interesting that we are signing potentially two QBs this cycle? Jacurri has a monster ceiling but the likely hood he reaches it just isn’t great.
wow you have no idea based on him not getting in a game to make any judgements yet. Most quarterbacks have long adjustment periods some do not.I watch his practices but more importantly players all comment on how poised and impressed they are with him.

Advertisement
It's called the nature of the beast.

If the entire UM organization and support system wants to do this why do you care?

Money won't be around long? They know this is a constant grind.

New to recruiting alert.

I don’t care. I’m pointing out pitfalls. I think NIL has gone way too far but if it benefits Miami and we can afford to blow millions on busts, then whatever just win.

wow you have no idea based on him not getting in a game to make any judgements yet. Most quarterbacks have long adjustment periods some do not.I watch his practices but more importantly players all comment on how poised and impressed they are with him.
We shall see but that second part mean nothing. The way he looked in the elite 11 last year looked like a kid that was extremely inaccurate. His best attributes he is an athletic freak and clearly is a leader I just didn’t see anything through his recruiting cycle that screamed this guy will be a threat at QB. He certainly has potential but is so far away from reaching it.

I don’t care. I’m pointing out pitfalls. I think NIL has gone way too far but if it benefits Miami and we can afford to blow millions on busts, then whatever just win.
I think everyone knows it will change. There is no baseline right now.

Perhaps there never will be however I do know it allows us to compete with :insert blue blood here:.

Advertisement
Back