Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Recruiting high school players is recruiting their potential and upside. Yearby was dominating as much as Dalvin. To put high school production as some type of be all end all is not a smart thing to do. It should factor but it's not like he is throwing picks all over. People say their competition suck, what about his team. He got Cottrell, who else?

Advertisement
Please cut-paste any post that actually says this.

Sure, Lingard was one of the five most-highly-rated recruits we signed over the past 15 years. But I think "fan excitement" is not the same thing as evaluating his skills and abilities.
If I recall a lot of the board was wowed by his speed but a lot of the board also felt his tape looked like a track guy on a field full of lead footed scrubs. I personally care more about change of direction (creative vision) and acceleration with good contact balance vs top end speed.

When you watch tape on a guy and its just clip after clip of them hitting an open hole and out running a bunch of scrubs to the goal line its really hard to believe that his game will translate to the next level. Thats how I felt about Lingard and I was sad to see it play out that way.

As a person who got into recruiting around 2005 the best tri county RB tapes I have seen are Duke and Dalvin Cook. It was obvious those kids were superstars. I told my huge FSU fan roommate at the time when they got Cook that he might as well get himself the jersey now cause he is going to love this kid. It was also pretty clear that Yearby was a good back but not a game breaking superstar like Dalvin.

Rooster had some of the better film I have seen lately. A lot better than Chaney IMO even though Chaney does have the measurables of an elite back.

Bama would still win big if they had a Jag at QB. I find trench play more important than QB play in college for overall success. I would rather have elite trenches and an average starting QB I grabbed from the portal then and elite QB and average trenches. I also never said anything about punting. I said I would rather take Emory and 2 Blue Chip OTs over just Rashada if there's a budget. If there is not then go get the best players possible

This ain't 2009 anymore lol. Bama was only in the Natty game this year cuz of Bryce and his WR's. They didn't win cuz their WR's. OL was average

Georgia QB was average and they won the Natty.
It’s like we are talking in circles. UGA won because Bama had Mechie out for the game and Williamson got injured in the game. When they played earlier they got run out of the stadium and that was a generational defense UGA just had. So essentially if you have one of the best defenses ever on paper and the other team loses it’s top two weapons, you can win the chip…

Advertisement

Y'all really gotta stop this stuff. Bennett was not average last year. Far from it.

NOW...if you wanna say that the talent around him made him look better than he is, and/or that the overall team talent put him into situations that are more ripe for success than a team who is getting blown out every week, there might be a little bit to that. But I don't care how you slice it, he was really good overall last year.

Passer rating -- 4th
YPA -- 3rd
Completion % -- 33rd

No QB in the entire country threw more TDs on fewer attempts than he did. 9.89 TD%, which is insanely good (TVD was 7%, for example. Bryce Young 8.46%)

Only threw 6 INTs.

He can also run, he had over 250 rushing yards, and remember sacks count against QB rushing numbers, so that's nothing to sneeze at.

Also, he didn't play the entire season. He didn't play at all in the first game vs Clemson, and barely played against South Carolina in Game 3 (only threw 3 passes). So he wasn't getting first team reps in camp, nor early in the year before JT packed it in.

Again, I'm not saying the kid is the #1 pick in the draft. But you can't call him average. They didn't ask him to win games for them like Bama did with Young, and a lot of other teams do. He definitely was more of a game manager. But you can't put up the 4th best rating in the country and the 3rd highest YPA with a sky-high TD rate and very few turnovers, win a natty, and people call you average. He might look average. And he might have some average attributes. But he played at a very high level for them. He reminds me a lot of a more athletic Ken Dorsey in a very similar situation. You think Dorsey was an average QB?

Advertisement
C’mon bruh HS isn’t college. An elite HS QB with an elite WR should torch everyone in that sorry *** division. Man went 0-5 in the division. We gotta win at least 1 league game lol I don’t think that’s asking for too much.

Every QB you’re referring to won big in HS btw because it’s not that hard to win when you’re the best player on the field every week in HS.

I’m not on the Emory is trash train. But I’m the captain of the Emory is average train. We’re taking passengers all are welcome.
Wasnt Tate Martell undefeated in HS?

Right? now go look at Rashada film and tell me who impresses you more. He's a athlete with a big arm. his tape shows nothing more than that

Is this serious?

The tape of his junior year of high school shows nothing more than a great athlete with a ******* Howitzer for an arm. Oh, is that all? Well why didn't someone say so? Pass. What a scrub.

Advertisement
And for every Josh Allen there are 10k Preston Deweys. It’s like me talking to myself at the bar after 15 drinks. Tiffany is a known 7 and she wants to go fvck, but there is Cecilia over there and from my vantage point could be a 9. Now the stats say that after 15 drinks she isn’t a 9 but that one time my boy brought home a 10 so why can’t it happen to me this time? Chances are Cecilia is in fact a 3 or 4 and the chances of her having a **** is probably higher than her being a 9.
Please invite me next time……. I’ll make sure to let you know what her South Florida rating is or if there is a possibility of ……

Girl Bouncing GIF

Wasnt Tate Martell undefeated in HS?
How about this, name some elite QB’s that didn’t win a conference game in Hs. You really wanna go tate at Bishop Gorman lol the most talented team in the country 😂 Terrible example

Simple question, do you expect a P5 QB and a top 100 WR to win a HS conference game? Yes or no.

Georgia had a ******* historic defense and benefitted greatly from Alabama losing their best receiver.

The circumstances you need to have in order to compensate a mediocre QB (and Bennett played at his ceiling in a loaded team) are insane and not sustainable for longer periods of time anymore. Even Georgias defense got shredded.

Advertisement
No more useless stat in sports than the mythical "QB wins".
Yeah and no. Is the quarterback who wins the championship automatically the best QB in the nation? Of course not. There's plenty of great QBs on average teams. But, QB is the biggest difference making position in all major sports. A great QB will make a bad team respectable. You rarely see a really great quarterback on a 2-10 team. So while I don't put a ton of weight into the team's record you have to assume a game changing quarterback, especially at lower levels like high school, should be able to elevate a bad team to the point where they're at least respectable.

Georgia had a ******* historic defense and benefitted greatly from Alabama losing their best receiver.

The circumstances you need to have in order to compensate a mediocre QB (and Bennett played at his ceiling in a loaded team) are insane and not sustainable for longer periods of time anymore. Even Georgias defense got shredded.
I mean, if you have a five star, All American at almost every other position, you can still win the title with an average quarterback.......if your opponent loses not just one but two 1,000 receivers in the championship game.

It just seems like it's much easier to have a great quarterback and fill in the team around him than to have a mediocre quarterback and try to fill out the rest of your roster with incredible talent.

Take Rashada deal and give it to 2 Blue Chip OTs. Go grab Emory Williams instead and start recruiting 2024 QBs. Were not in desperate need of a QB. Jake is on deck next year with 3 years of eligibility left and that's only if TVD leaves. If TVD returns were good until 2024 and have Jaccuri and Emory on deck plus the 2024 QB. We can always hit the portal for a starter if needed

From the gator boards it sounds like Ruiz wants to humiliate the Gators by getting him to commit to UM or at least drive up the price for UF.

The meltdowns from the Gators have been classic so far and the cost of him committing to Miami would be worth it to watch those inbreds implode.

Advertisement
Back