Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

TVD is working on a way bigger contract than that. In terms of Garcia, yeah he is in a tough spot because he was apart of the last class that didn’t have NIL. I said it’s messy but what do you do, not play the game for elite QBs? Like I said, don’t expect this to get easier next year. Brown just isnt in any position of power at the moment, he isnt the same prospect as either Garcia or Rashada. Garcia could fetch some money on the transfer market right now, Brown cant.

Going back to Garcia, while he is in a tough spot, his situation will work itself out if he is the QB many think he is. If TVD leaves, its his job to win. If he takes care of business on the field the NIL will come, because businesses will want a piece of the kid. His other option is to transfer, but there are risks there for him.

Now you bring up a valid point on budget, but do you know the budget? I dont, I can only judge by what the market is telling us and even then we have been told not to trust those numbers. What I do know is that while we are not 8-4 NIL wise we are still probably top 15 in the country. Would you agree with that assessment? Running with that, we are in a better position than ever money wise as previously we weren't even in the game. Also another aspect that we dont know is whether or not these deals are guaranteed or not, feel like most just assume they are with no proof. I bring this up because your concern is that all of a sudden you can have 4-5MM allocated in one position and that would not be prudent. Well its not prudent if the budget is only 10MM and all if not most of that money is guaranteed but we dont know that. One thing we do know is that problem isnt exclusive to Miami. Everyone else has budgets whatever they maybe outside of 8-4 and Texas.

So now what do we do? I for one am all about getting the best talent possible at the premier position in the game. We've seen it over and over again, that a QB can completely change the trajectory of your entire program. Cam did it at Auburn. Winston took a corch according to many on here in Jimbo and helped him win a title. Keep in mind that Jimbo had loaded up in the treches prior to that but it was Winston that took him to the promised land. Clemsoning was a verb until Watson showed up. In order to do that, you need to pay up or you will get left behind.
I would agree we are in the top 10 at least top 15 for NIL.

You can infer a budget by us cooling on Rashada.

If we had no budget it would make sense to make him an offer he can’t refuse. It would be a boost for us recruiting wise and a death blow to G5 Billy.

Advertisement
I just know one thing, any man come in here telling me bout we get a recruiting class 15-20 need their head examined. Manny Diaz went 6-7 in his first season with losses to FIU and La Tech. He finished with the #17 class. Yeah it takes time to get the relationships to knock out the top 4 or 5 schools along with some visible improvements but basic competence gets you a top 15 class at Miami, that's like 10-12 4 star players. U can easily name that amount we likely to pick up. Don't wanna hear that **** bout 15-20.

I just know one thing, any man come in here telling me bout we get a recruiting class 15-20 need their head examined. Manny Diaz went 6-7 in his first season with losses to FIU and La Tech. He finished with the #17 class. Yeah it takes time to get the relationships to knock out the top 4 or 5 schools along with some visible improvements but basic competence gets you a top 15 class at Miami, that's like 10-12 4 star players. U can easily name that amount we likely to pick up. Don't wanna hear that **** bout 15-20.
I was stunned when that got posted. No way no how. If it happens, and I think it’s unlikely, than MC has failed at his job. We are paying dude 8MM per because of his recruiting ability. I’m not expecting top 5 although it would be nice but anything outside of the top 10 is disappointing and outside of the top 15 is a major dud. Look at the first 3 classes of the last 4 coaches, they all were good classes on paper including 3 of the 4 signing a top 10 class with Manny getting one just outside and like you said, Manny was an abortion of an HC. Dude lost to FIU, that loss should have sent us back to the Stone Age.

I was stunned when that got posted. No way no how. If it happens, and I think it’s unlikely, than MC has failed at his job. We are paying dude 8MM per because of his recruiting ability. I’m not expecting top 5 although it would be nice but anything outside of the top 10 is disappointing and outside of the top 15 is a major dud. Look at the first 3 classes of the last 4 coaches, they all were good classes on paper including 3 of the 4 signing a top 10 class with Manny getting one just outside and like you said, Manny was an abortion of an HC. Dude lost to FIU, that loss should have sent us back to the Stone Age.
The true you can handle the truth!
No one cares just win *****...

Only one QB can play at a time. You give Rashada 1 million per year…TVD will want at least double. Garcia will want more than Rashada and so will Brown or at least double whatever he’s getting.

All of sudden for one year you can have 4-5 million allocated to one position.

If we had A&M money then sure who cares if you have a million dollar investment sitting on the bench every game but we don’t have it like that.

I’m not saying for us not to take a QB this cycle…I’m saying we have to be smart with the resources. UF is desperate otherwise he wouldn’t be getting that kind of offer.
I agree with you 💯.
I get he’s a 5 star and is blue chip hs qb. But how good is this kid? Maybe I’m missing something?
I’m just an old dumb jock who played high school ball years ago, and I’ve stopped trying to evaluate high school players.
He’s the 7th ranked QB, built like a string bean, has decent stats for a 5 star I guess. Does have a very strong arm and does well in 7 on 7. But is this kid worth millions of dollars in todays NIL space? Only time tell, but I personally think his value is WAY over rated.
I don’t see Vince Young or Cam Newton here.
**** I don’t see Brice Young in him. I’m ok with the staff not blowing a big portion of NIL funds if they feel it can be used better else where. But maybe I’m missing something and this kid is all world. I just don’t see it.

Advertisement
Akheem Mesidor and Darrell Jackson say ‘hi’. Last I checked we beat out SEC schools like Florida for Darrell and just about everyone wanted Akheem. He’s widely considered an elite DE with first/second round potential, pretty certain he was described as a ‘game-wrecker’. We missed at WR, that’s about it? Debatably linebacker too but that depends on who you believe as far as what Steele and Strong think about the room.
Leeds. I Wouldn’t wast my time replying to this nonsense. Guy is probably too busy reading ESPN and still salty we didn’t land Addison. As if he makes or breaks this portal class.
And big Kudos to the great info you provide, .

Here’s the question…. If we set up a collective, how much do you think it could raise? The Gators are about $10-12 mil right now as much as we want to give them grief… let’s say Ruiz is capped out a $5m to use a round number, how much could we raise on top and where would you go to raise it?
Definitely not a CIS collective. I remember when the resident banner brigade tried to raise funds for a high profile “Manny & Blake Suck” billboard on US-1… that turned into a billboard by the airport… that eventually turned into something like a Sharpie-penned cardboard sign on an old food truck driving slowly past Hecht with a putt putt sounding motor and a good humor horn blaring.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes monitored the situation closely with priceless commentary

Definitely not a CIS collective. I remember when the resident banner brigade tried to raise funds for a high profile “Manny & Blake Suck” billboard on US-1… that turned into a billboard by the airport… that eventually turned into something like a Sharpie-penned cardboard sign on an old food truck driving slowly past Hecht with a putt putt sounding motor and a good humor horn blaring.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes monitored the situation closely with priceless commentary
LMFAO at "Good Humor horn blaring"

Advertisement

I think it ended up on the side of one of those “Granizado” rickshaws and just drove around the site of the old Orange Bowl for a few hours

4A99B076-20C5-4B91-B92D-37D28456C207.jpeg

You can get a good “lawn park, no block” deal over there now I’m guessing.
When I was a kid, I think the good spots close to the stadium were like $20-25 - this was early 80’s. I wonder what they’d charge today for front row of my lawn and no block. Like do the prices rise equivalent with CPI / inflation, cost of real estate or is there just a cap on daily lawn parking value by the stadium?

Bro I'm hearing this bout 15-20, that's a failure and unlikely to happen. We would be around where FSU is and they have had 4 consecutive losing seasons. People always wanna point out how kids wanna see results for us but yet other schools, no problem. It's a lie, they want people to recruit them hard. It's not results why ray ray committed to Clemson, it's because we ignored him.

Advertisement
When I was a kid, I think the good spots close to the stadium were like $20-25 - this was early 80’s. I wonder what they’d charge today for front row of my lawn and no block. Like do the prices rise equivalent with CPI / inflation, cost of real estate or is there just a cap on daily lawn parking value by the stadium?
Towards the end of the Orange Bowl run we were paying $40-$50 for regular games and $60-$80 for the big games. We were about a block off from the stadium. The lady was great, she would let us use her bathroom and obviously no blockie. Haven’t been to many Marlins games but doubt they can get much for those spots anymore.

Towards the end of the Orange Bowl run we were paying $40-$50 for regular games and $60-$80 for the big games. We were about a block off from the stadium. The lady was great, she would let us use her bathroom and obviously no blockie. Haven’t been to many Marlins games but doubt they can get much for those spots anymore.

Marlins have multiple parking garages. And not much tailgating. So I doubt there has been any lawn parking in quite some time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back