Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Yea that's an option just would like to rely on that less and less each year maybe grab 3 to 5 portal guys each cycle

Agreed but hopefully we have Garcia in the pipeline for next year and possibly one after. Still have our QB from the 22 class so not sure if Rashada is that big of a loss either way. Bring in Emory and see how the rest of the board and roster shakes out after this season

Advertisement
Teams wanting someone doesn't make them elite I'd say production does but I digress.
Absolutely, was more so adding on to the players Leeds named. But I do believe/hope Agude can be our next Phillips/GR.

For the most part, I’m satisfied with portal guys. I would’ve like an RT, another WR and LB, possibly another CB, but we targeted and got pretty much what we needed to fill the holes on the team, especially on the DLine.

Absolutely, was more so adding on to the players Leeds named. But I do believe/hope Agude can be our next Phillips/GR.

For the most part, I’m satisfied with portal guys. I would’ve like an RT, another WR and LB, possibly another CB, but we targeted and got pretty much what we needed to fill the holes on the team, especially on the DLine.
We definitely got a couple impact players I wasn't insinuating otherwise. I was more so saying we didn't get any potential 1st/2nd rounders but long season ahead.

We definitely got a couple impact players I wasn't insinuating otherwise. I was more so saying we didn't get any potential 1st/2nd rounders but long season ahead.
I got you, I’m hopeful Agude can become one this season. Think he has the best shot of our transfers to go high. Hopefully he shows out.

I have tried to explain this to people, but most either don't understand or want to live in denial. Yes, we have a talent advantage to win any game against a Coastal opponent on a neutral field, but it's not so great an advantage that we should be marking Ws in pen. When the talent margin is slim, so is the margin of error. And having a marginal to solid talent advantage is not the same as having the sort of talent advantage that comes from stacking top 5 recruiting classes. If you look at preseason FPI (an admittedly poor metric), the difference between Clemson and UM is greater than the difference between UM and UVA.

Here's another way to think of it. Let's assume UM currently has enough of a talent advantage to beat Duke 9 out of 10 times, GT 8 out of 10 times, VT 8 out of 10 times, UVA 7 out of 10 times, and Pitt 7 out of 10 times (which I think is probably over-selling our talent advantage over some of those teams). That still means we have a 28.2% chance of going undefeated against those teams, a 41.4% chance of going 4-1, and a 30.4% chance of losing 2 or more of those games.

This. If we have an 80% chance to win each of our 10 easiest games, which means we would be about a -8.5 favorite in each of them, we'd have an 11% chance of going 10-0. Think about that. Basically, even though we are a big favorite in each, we're not winning all those games.

Now of course you will be a 20 point favorite here, and a 3 point favorite there, but I think everyone gets the point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This whole post, but especially the bolded part, should be pinned and required reading for any new members.
Nicole Scherzinger Television GIF

Thankfully only required for new members because I’m not good at maths

Exactly and God forbid Garcia isn't perfect immediately CIS will throw him away. We build the back up

View attachment 189339View attachment 189340View attachment 189341View attachment 189342
I get it nothing is promised but you can go through top 5 at most positions any given year and see misses. Rankings aren't everything but of all positions a QB can raise the talent around you more than anything else.
haha all I saw in what you sent is dudes I wish we had. But of course you're right and i mean that unsarcastically.

Let's say we give Rashada $3M a year to come.

What about Garcia? He has a good chance of being the starter next year.

What about Brown? He's a four star quarterback.

Don't they deserve comparable money to a player who has not even participated in a practice?

And what about TVD? He's at $1M now - certainly he would command a raise.

So if you're willing to give Rashada $3M, are you prepared to also fork out another $6 - $10M this year to keep TVD, Garcia, and Brown happy?

By no means is this a criticism of what you are saying. But even in the NFL, there are salary discrepancies. There are first-round QBs getting paid huge money who are not even playing and/or producing at the level of their compensation. And there are glue-guys who are really holding their teams together who are getting veteran minimum salaries.

Look, if Rashada is "worth" big money - that doesn't mean it's "Day 1 starter" money. He brings other recruits and gets you to a Top 5 class? Well, that has value too.

Again, I'm not saying that to lock myself in. If you think about it, there is a very legitimate reason for the (rough) pecking order that we have. Mario has been recruiting Rashada for years, back to his time at Oregon, so I understand why Rashada has been (until recently) Choice 1A. Choice 1B is the OC's guy, a guy HE has been recruiting for years, back to his time at Michigan. And Choice 1C is the most recent discovery of our just-outta-G5 QB Coach.

Setting aside everything else, I understand our ranking preference. Makes perfect sense. Yes, NIL and some other issues are complicating the calculus. It happens.

But we can't worry about "NIL $$$ equity" in every decision. If the price of poker went up this year, we need to ante up or fold and get the fvck out. You don't start redistributing your chips mid-game out of feelings of charity and equity.

In a couple of years, nobody in college will have enrolled pre-NIL. Good. Yes, I realize there are some temporary (and sizeable) inequities in dollar amounts right now. Can't fix that, unless we want to be like the Gaytors and waste all our collective money on paying the existing players that got us to 6 wins and a fired coach.

And I’ve not seen any discussion of the possible repercussions of some players getting “paid” while others are still scraping together a few bucks for a trip to McDonalds. If/when some of these 5* players get large NIL deals, how will that affect team chemistry?

The players back in the 80s seemed to be OK getting in Rohan's white and gold BMW and going out for some fun.

I don't know why we are so worried about team chemistry. The situation we are describing is hitting most of the teams in the P5. It's not like Miami is any better or worse at this than any other school.

If one of our players wants to transfer to a school that gives out equal NIL deals to all 85 players, that's fine with me.

Advertisement
Idk if we can do better tbh. These high ranked QBs will require significant funds for the foreseable future. Maybe if TVD gets drafted in the 1st like CIS has proclaimed we will have some QB appeal. Until then we aren't getting a discount and the project/upside guys are more our speed/price range. It's very possible he has improved but I'd like to see it in a game.
I think fans are hoping TVD has a monster Year and bolts so Garcia takes over and doesn’t leave. The problem you brought up, and I agree with, is if you’re paying top dollar for a QB you need to space it out. Unless you wanna SEC it and Spend over a Million every year or more. The board doesn’t wanna hear it, but the strategy could be shoot for the stars then take a developmental kid. Idk man

Who says it’s over with Rashada?

Rashada’s recruitment won’t be over until he signs a letter of intent.

Whatever happens between now and then is websites baiting for clicks and fans riding the emotional roller coaster.

Man, a lot of people ain’t ready for this NIL life. The old rules and timelines are gone. It’s June and people are freaking. How the **** they gonna make until December or February (or God forbid, longer)?

I think fans are hoping TVD has a monster Year and bolts so Garcia takes over and doesn’t leave. The problem you brought up, and I agree with, is if you’re paying top dollar for a QB you need to space it out. Unless you wanna SEC it and Spend over a Million every year or more. The board doesn’t wanna hear it, but the strategy could be shoot for the stars then take a developmental kid. Idk man
Schools that have proven they can get kids to the NFL consistently aren't in these bid wars. Alabama/OSU/Riley/Clemson the rest of us have to figure it out.

Advertisement
I think we still end up with a decent class regardless of QB in the class. The difference between 5-10 and 15-20 will be eho the signal caller is. QBs typically aren't deciding in December what college to attend because they spend the fall recruiting who they'd like to play with. Emory calling Jalen Brown vs Jaden calling Jalen Brown doesn't have the same effect regardless of how CIS tries to spin it.

Uh, no, the difference between 5-10 and 15-20 is NOT going to be "high 4-star Rashada" vs. "low 4-star Williams". It will be all the other players that we sign. And, yes, if we lose certain WRs and RBs because of losing Rashada, then THAT will be the difference between 5-10 and 15-20.

Uh, no, the difference between 5-10 and 15-20 is NOT going to be "high 4-star Rashada" vs. "low 4-star Williams". It will be all the other players that we sign. And, yes, if we lose certain WRs and RBs because of losing Rashada, then THAT will be the difference between 5-10 and 15-20.
That's literally the point I made 🤣.

The part of NIL that is undefined is the depth chart impact of bringing in any HS top player with a large NIL deal.

If we were to match say $1.5 a year or whatever this may be does that mean Jacurri and Jake then have to get the same? Now you’re at $4.5m for just QBs a year lol

Advertisement
Here’s the question…. If we set up a collective, how much do you think it could raise? The Gators are about $10-12 mil right now as much as we want to give them grief… let’s say Ruiz is capped out a $5m to use a round number, how much could we raise on top and where would you go to raise it?

You don't just need money in the bank, you actually have to spend it too.

Thank you, Jesus, for the Gaytors soooo wisely deciding not to "overpay"...

The part of NIL that is undefined is the depth chart impact of bringing in any HS top player with a large NIL deal.

If we were to match say $1.5 a year or whatever this may be does that mean Jacurri and Jake then have to get the same? Now you’re at $4.5m for just QBs a year lol
Alabama/UGA/Texas A&M all signed 5* QBs 2022 how many of them are content for 2023?

Teams wanting someone doesn't make them elite I'd say production does but I digress.

Make your loooooong list of all the high-production Portal kids from the past year. I'll wait, it won't take you very long.

High-potential is a different story.

Advertisement
Back