Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Arch Manning is overrated AF

He is overrated because of his name but as a prospect he’s going to be very good I’m sure. He’s likely going to UGA where he will be surrounded by elite talent all 3-4 years so whatever gaps he may have the talent will overcome it.

Advertisement
So you want to spend close to 7 figures on him NOT coming here???

Season 3 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX
Such an odd convo when discussing other people's money but this feels like when QBs were getting crazy money in the early 2000s to be busts. I'm of the school of thought that the money while not capped isn't unlimited and if there is a limit, putting that much in the QB position wouldn't be my move.

I don't know the cost of a top DL but if you're telling me crazy money for David Hicks or crazy money for Rashada, bring me Hicks and some others like him. I'm not inherently saying Rashada has more bust potential than any of the other QBs but imagine giving these dudes below a large percent of your "cap".

1655217169769.png

Such an odd convo when discussing other people's money but this feels like when QBs were getting crazy money in the early 2000s to be busts. I'm of the school of thought that the money while not capped isn't unlimited and if there is a limit, putting that much in the QB position wouldn't be my move.

I don't know the cost of a top DL but if you're telling me crazy money for David Hicks or crazy money for Rashada, bring me Hicks and some others like him. I'm not inherently saying Rashada has more bust potential than any of the other QBs but imagine giving these dudes below a large percent of your "cap".

View attachment 189335
The most recent stats and say most recent cause that’s all I’ve seen, is that 5 star DL are one of the easiest rankings to hit. The trade off is that even an Aaron Donald won’t change your team/program whereas a QB, Newton, Burrow, Watson etc will.

There are some on here that think Garcia is the second coming (pause) of Aaron Rodgers.

Not saying Garcia doesn’t have a lot of potential but potential and 5 bucks (probably $6,50 now with inflation) will get you a Starbucks.

I still believe we’ve got a really good QB room with TVD, Garcia, and Jacurri and there’s no need to overspend on a QB this cycle. Fill up the trenches on both sides and get us a couple of LB’s.
Exactly and God forbid Garcia isn't perfect immediately CIS will throw him away. We build the back up

View attachment 189335
Screenshot_20220614-112047_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220614-112107_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220614-112136_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220614-112154_Samsung Internet.jpg

I get it nothing is promised but you can go through top 5 at most positions any given year and see misses. Rankings aren't everything but of all positions a QB can raise the talent around you more than anything else.

Advertisement
This is massively disappointing, no two ways about it. We could’ve put them in the dirt for the rest of the 2023 recruiting cycle by getting him, but instead gave them CPR and our garage code smh

This is massively disappointing, no two ways about it. We could’ve put them in the dirt for the rest of the 2023 recruiting cycle by getting him, but instead gave them CPR and our garage code smh
Um just needs to win the ACC. Gators aren’t beating anybody important.

Of the 5 star QBs:

Arch is undecided but safe to say once he commits he will be locked into that school. No wavering.
Malachi is locked in with USC. No wavering.
Nico is locked in with UT. No wavering.
Dante is undecided but seems like a kid that will take his time and once he commits will be locked into that school. No wavering.
Jackson Arnold is locked in with OU. No wavering.
Vizzina is locked in with Clemson. No wavering.

Rashada.......that boys recruitment will go on until signing day regardless of who he commits to. Gators gonna be sweatin for the next 6-8 months.
Then keep them sweating. Distract them from filling the rest of their needs. One recruit does not make a class.

Meanwhile we have to do what we have to do.

Advertisement
There are some on here that think Garcia is the second coming (pause) of Aaron Rodgers.

Not saying Garcia doesn’t have a lot of potential but potential and 5 bucks (probably $6,50 now with inflation) will get you a Starbucks.

I still believe we’ve got a really good QB room with TVD, Garcia, and Jacurri and there’s no need to overspend on a QB this cycle. Fill up the trenches on both sides and get us a couple of LB’s.
Speaking of Inflation - what cost $1-$2 million now will double next year, IMO

I told y’all going into last season Manny gambled the entire class on the upcoming season , he gambled and failed big. The stakes isn’t quite as high as last year but the class being a big success is riding on the season again.

Indeed, I’m sure players are waiting to see how Gattis’s offense looks along with year one progress Mario makes. In addition, waiting out all the NIL options they’ll have available up until signing day.

So yall man just gonna cry about players that's gonna warm the pine for atleast 1 year, likely 2 minimum? Bro give me the DL, OL and LB. Then figure the rest out with left over change.

View attachment 189335
Great post. TVD was a 4 star as well, but I dont remember any hoopla around him. QBs are gonna get money anywhere they go, even more deals come when u get on campus. Find the guy who mentally sorted and give him a good offer and leave it at that.

Advertisement
Remember that, aside from a few extremely legit NIL deals (think DJ with Dr. Pepper), almost all of these collectives are being funded with purely discretionary income. If inflation stays high and the market stays down, NIL may actually see a reeling in over the next few months

This is exactly why I hope they go for broke and spend big this year. A literal clone of a class that cost (random example here) 10 million this year is going to be more expensive next year.

I keep comparing NIL to the way NFL rookie contracts kept getting more and more expensive before they were finally set in stone. Every year had to outdo the last. The top pick this year might not be as good, but **** it he wants to be paid more. And this is exactly what's going to happen in college sports.

We may like where we sit with 2024 and 2025 QBs for any number of legitimate reasons. But I really hope they aren't expecting a million this year to go equally as far in 2024, much less 2025.

Advertisement
Covid had a hand in that. Kids not able to take visits and parents more fearful sending their kids off to college.
2020 class wasn't half bad either pre covid. Especially factoring in 2019 was the most embarrassing season of my adult life

Advertisement
Back