Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

LOL no, my man. That update/the decision to be “out” on a 5-star QB who, if you believe the people y’all tend to believe on here, is willing to jump on board for the right price.

Just throwing this out in the universe. It’s a weak and wrong decision to let him walk to the gator. This is where I’m planting my flag. If it plays out like this, and in 2025 Rashada is riding the pine or in the portal and Emory Williams is leading us to conference championships, I will be sitting right here on the ledge of this dunk tank. Come roast me. Come tell me what a ***** and how dumb I am. But this is weak.

I mean, I can't disagree with a single word. You are correct.

Advertisement
2. Miami has Jeff Garcia waiting in the wings. They might feel very good about him, good enough that they are willing to pass and not overpay for Rashada

This is fantastic news...

1655165175532.png

Advertisement
I understand the frustration. But saying we don’t have any recruiting momentum seems a bit strong.
This recruiting cycle is gonna drag on for all teams due to nil.
Maybe no momentum is a big drastic, and it’s also a microcosm of Mario and co. keeping it so close to the vest. We’ll see what happens in the next two weeks.

I am bummed… but I can’t say I’d hit the bid here. It would have been nice, could still be by December. But I don’t expect it to be on June 18th…

What does “moved on” REALLY mean?

Are we going to cut communication with the Rashada camp? That seems highly unlikely with the way Mario does business.

I actually like the way this is playing out. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to get caught up in a bidding war in JUNE. Sure it would be great to get Rashada committed and recruiting for us, but NIL has changed the process.

Cooler heads are prevailing and realizing this thing is a marathon. No need to push prices out of control bidding against yourself 6-8 months from signing day.

We really have NO IDEA what local companies are really willing to pay for the attention of being associated with top talent. There might be a lot more flexibility than we think.

Build the trenches and keep your hat in the game. There is no telling what signing day will bring.

Advertisement
If your QB room is made up of TVD, Jake Garcia and J. Brown, are you really going to want your NIL supporter to pony up $5 million for a guy that might not crack the starting lineup? Assuming TVD goes pro and Jake takes the reins in 2023, then you look more seriously at the 2024 options. Right now OL, DL, WR are where real help is needed.

No reason I have to believe it impacts us at all with Brown, Washington or any of the others. Our offense is far more impactful in how we do there.
Gotta think, if folks will run with the playing time narrative with Jaden, can do it with WRs like Brown and Ray Ray.

Advertisement
What if we miss on a elite QB next cycle 2024 then we would just be stuck with Emory over a two period cycle, that's something FSU would do we got to be careful taking things for granted and pushing things off until the next cycle. We seen that first hand with cornerback recruiting

@cway313 most of it isn’t. 1 of the 24’ kids plays at Mario’s alma mater, another plays for Chaminade and we get who we want from there, and the other plays at STA but is an actual UM fan. Literally whichever we want next year. Vitor already said he isn’t letting Davi go anywhere and Brazilians aren’t the type to live far away from family for the most part.

As far as Dante goes, he knows he’s getting paid anyways and everybody seems to have issues with his dad but us. I’m taking that as a sign that he wants him here and when a dad is that involved he might as well have a handler because any dad is going to help his son in that way. If it was about money then I would be worried but the way they’ve been talking and how they’re taking his recruitment comes off to me as the fit matters more.

I think you'll be surprised at what happens with the 2024 QB class in sofla. I'm going to go ahead and give out my first hot take of the year - we don't land any of those 3. Aronson is over hyped and I don't think UM has him at the top of their board. Posse is good but he has his eyes set on the SEC, supposedly. The chaminade kid is tricky - really raw kid and if we miss out on the top guys in 2023, I don't think Mario puts all his eggs in the basket of a kid who's really raw unless he's QB2 in that class.

Lots of time to go b/w now and then obviously, but I've heard that things are not as much of a layup as people think.

My guess

- they think he’s **** good but not break the budget **** good.

- we can get a Moore for less (SWIDT)

- They’d rather put that money into the Def, trenches, WRs
Mario is gonna invest heavily in the lines imo. I also think he also may like the current room enough to not need to blow the load on one kid.

Advertisement
What if we miss on a elite QB next cycle 2024 then we would just be stuck with Emory over a two period cycle, that's something FSU would do we got to be careful taking things for granted and pushing things off until the next cycle. We seen that first hand with cornerback recruiting

1655170438979.png

Hopefully Ruiz' company gains a ton of value, he becomes a billionaire many times over, and Miami just gets who the **** they want and doesn't lose recruits to those pobres in Gainesville.

Advertisement
Back