Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement

LOL no, my man. That update/the decision to be “out” on a 5-star QB who, if you believe the people y’all tend to believe on here, is willing to jump on board for the right price.

Just throwing this out in the universe. It’s a weak and wrong decision to let him walk to the gator. This is where I’m planting my flag. If it plays out like this, and in 2025 Rashada is riding the pine or in the portal and Emory Williams is leading us to conference championships, I will be sitting right here on the ledge of this dunk tank. Come roast me. Come tell me what a ***** and how dumb I am. But this is weak.

There’s more to the story ( I won’t discuss) but nobody cares about that , only one thing matters in this game . Benders “ it’s complicated“ comment is correct. And is one of the reasons I’ve been negative in this thread the last few weeks. I felt it was necessary to pump the breaks with some acting like it was a layup.

This weekend was the last conversation and as of last night it sounded like we’d finally moved on. Even though it’s been trending that way for a minute. As I said last month “UF had a 7 figure deal on the table and was a serious threat”. I’ve also said “there’s multiple offers better than Miamis “which doesn‘t sound good going into the last week. Same thing I posted with the Portal wr Robinson.

Look, I'm not trying to knock you here. But ANY highly-ranked kid can flop. ANY highly-ranked kid can get injured. Nobody at aTm is going to make Jimbo "hear about it" over ONE position player, at least assuming that Weigman is legitimately outplayed (or gets injured).

All I'm saying is that Rashada has ONE guy to beat out at aTm. If he doesn't think he can do it, fine, pick another school. But "ohhhhh, mannnn, ONE GUY is ahead of me on the depth chart" is for pvssies.

And, look, I know you're from Texas, and I know you are aware of the power bases and the political machinations. If Weigman and Rashada were "tied" coming out of off-season practices, I could clearly see Weigman getting the nod. But we have no idea what will happen next. Did we really expect TVD to start 9 games last year? It wasn't that long ago that D'Eriq King was our savior.

Things can change fast. I'm not saying that Weigman doesn't have a bit of an edge, all other things being equal, but if aTm IS ACTUALLY WILLING TO PAY RASHADA A TON OF MONEY, that will be a pretty strong indication that they want/need an insurance policy, at a bare minimum.

I think it is folly for ANY school and ANY coach to project some true/redshirt freshman to be an immediate starter and success story, regardless of the obvious Texas favoritism. Let's not forget that "getting 25 early Texas verbals" got a couple of coaches ****canned in Austin.
I don’t disagree with you in the slightest. And A&M is 100% willing to pay rashada. My thing with A&M and their bags though from some guys I talk to is they seem to just be spending for the sake of spending. Meaning their actual scouting is taking a major step back. I want to see if that holds true and they just buy guy after guy and no one gets developed.

Advertisement
LOL no, my man. That update/the decision to be “out” on a 5-star QB who, if you believe the people y’all tend to believe on here, is willing to jump on board for the right price.

Just throwing this out in the universe. It’s a weak and wrong decision to let him walk to the gator. This is where I’m planting my flag. If it plays out like this, and in 2025 Rashada is riding the pine or in the portal and Emory Williams is leading us to conference championships, I will be sitting right here on the ledge of this dunk tank. Come roast me. Come tell me what a ***** and how dumb I am. But this is weak.
Ah i get you. The only counter I have are these points:

1. Most of these schools NIL is based off on collectives while Miami's is not. They can go out and go astronomical on certain guys if they need to. This might backfire because it seems that the Ruiz model will be the future and that these collectives might get targeted, but it can hurt us in the short term.

2. Miami has Jeff Garcia waiting in the wings. They might feel very good about him, good enough that they are willing to pass and not overpay for Rashada

3. They recognize OL/DL/ Lb are the biggest holes and are using their resources heavily towards those positions.

I personally have ZERO problems with that approach. Especially if we are fetting blue chip DE/DT/OL and building that foundation. Not to mention Aronson is coming up next year and we have a LEGIT shot at landing that dude as well. If we trust the staff's evals and Emory/ Moore land in our laps and we get a good QB but a beast OL/DL/LB corps the. I wont be mad one bitZ This is the Bama/ UGA model that wins natuonal championships. Its the Old school Miami model than wins national championships and it is the area where we have had jags for the longest. Because of the pedigree of this staff, I trust them and I am okay if they take a "B" QB now and Load up on "A" players because of the aformentioned reasons.

But would you imagine Miami landing David Hicks, Francis , Olaus, Malik Bryant, P'mba/Harbor types? This team changes... With Garcia coming up for the next 2 years in the wings? Mannnn

I don’t disagree with you in the slightest. And A&M is 100% willing to pay rashada. My thing with A&M and their bags though from some guys I talk to is they seem to just be spending for the sake of spending. Meaning their actual scouting is taking a major step back. I want to see if that holds true and they just buy guy after guy and no one gets developed.
True.

If A&M wants Rashada they’ll beat UF and not blink an eye. That’s why I’ve said it feels like they’re just hovering around his recruitment just enough to know the figures. Thats how you play the game. He’s an option but not necessarily “ the option“.

There’s more to the story ( I won’t discuss) but nobody cares about that , only one thing matters in this game . Benders “ it’s complicated“ comment is correct. And is one of the reasons I’ve been negative in this thread the last few weeks. I felt it was necessary to pump the breaks with some acting like it was a layup.

This weekend was the last conversation and as of last night it sounded like we’d finally moved on. Even though it’s been trending that way for a minute. As I said last month “UF had a 7 figure deal on the table and was a serious threat”. I’ve also said “there’s multiple offers better than Miamis “which doesn‘t sound good going into the last week. Same thing I posted with the Portal wr Robinson.

Is this another handler issue with the handler being his coach? Coach Moe forever impacted recruiting haha

Advertisement
2. Miami has Jeff Garcia waiting in the wings.

Jeff Garcia?

2014-08-04-garcia-1407164119.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Noles247 has learned that there may be another quarterback on the radar for the 'Noles. Milton (Fla.) three-star signal caller Emory Williams has been in contact with FSU in recent weeks and I'm hearing he could work out for the staff in the near future. Quarterbacks coach Tony Tokarz and defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson both have been in communication with the 6-foot-4.5, 190-pound Williams.

If FSU were to get him to work out and ended up offering, we have reason to believe the 'Noles will become a factor and could land an official visit. Miami is the other program heavily in the mix with Williams as they've worked him out in recent weeks and are slated to receive an official visit from Williams this upcoming weekend.

Advertisement
Back