Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Noles247 has learned that there may be another quarterback on the radar for the 'Noles. Milton (Fla.) three-star signal caller Emory Williams has been in contact with FSU in recent weeks and I'm hearing he could work out for the staff in the near future. Quarterbacks coach Tony Tokarz and defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson both have been in communication with the 6-foot-4.5, 190-pound Williams.

If FSU were to get him to work out and ended up offering, we have reason to believe the 'Noles will become a factor and could land an official visit. Miami is the other program heavily in the mix with Williams as they've worked him out in recent weeks and are slated to receive an official visit from Williams this upcoming weekend.

And there it is 😂

Advertisement
Believe it’s an OV.

And supposedly FSU just woke up and realized the kid in their backyard might be pretty good and has interest now. That staff is so asleep at the wheel it’s almost criminal negligence/robbery to be taking salaries.
If I am Miami @OrangeBowlMagic this guy is a solid guy and will be cheap... Golden opportunity to use that Rashada $$ some place else.

Noles247 has learned that there may be another quarterback on the radar for the 'Noles. Milton (Fla.) three-star signal caller Emory Williams has been in contact with FSU in recent weeks and I'm hearing he could work out for the staff in the near future. Quarterbacks coach Tony Tokarz and defensive backs coach Marcus Woodson both have been in communication with the 6-foot-4.5, 190-pound Williams.

If FSU were to get him to work out and ended up offering, we have reason to believe the 'Noles will become a factor and could land an official visit. Miami is the other program heavily in the mix with Williams as they've worked him out in recent weeks and are slated to receive an official visit from Williams this upcoming weekend.
I’m sure Norvell is weary of the reports that Emory is about to get that 4th star. FSU makes exceptions for 3 stars here and there but a 4 is a bridge too far.

So if the Gayts do get him over us, will they use the "he was afraid of competition" line as the reason he chose them?
LOL no, my man. That update/the decision to be “out” on a 5-star QB who, if you believe the people y’all tend to believe on here, is willing to jump on board for the right price.

Just throwing this out in the universe. It’s a weak and wrong decision to let him walk to the gator. This is where I’m planting my flag. If it plays out like this, and in 2025 Rashada is riding the pine or in the portal and Emory Williams is leading us to conference championships, I will be sitting right here on the ledge of this dunk tank. Come roast me. Come tell me what a ***** and how dumb I am. But this is weak.
Or it’s calculated and you’re missing the point. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Give me the guy that’s willing to put the NFL first and the NIL second because he knows he’ll get paid anyways. Dante is doing that and wants to see how everything plays out. Rashada is out here chasing a check and he has no idea about how UF’s offense would function. For all he knows they’re polar opposites but they’re paying him the most.

We all know no QB is walking in here and taking the job from Jake. Jake probably would’ve been the starter last year if he didn’t get hurt plus we’re getting whoever we want out of the highly rated SFL guys next year and Davi in ‘25. Let UF dump all that cash and cuff themselves. Everybody has a cap and we’re nowhere near ours but with Rashada UF is near theirs.

UF needs Rashada because they’re out of options. We aren‘t and Dante with how everything is going is probably going to end up here and we’re not going to spend the same amount.

Or it’s calculated and you’re missing the point. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Give me the guy that’s willing to put the NFL first and the NIL second because he knows he’ll get paid anyways. Dante is doing that and wants to see how everything plays out. Rashada is out here chasing a check and he has no idea about how UF’s offense would function. For all he knows they’re polar opposites but they’re paying him the most.

We all know no QB is walking in here and taking the job from Jake. Jake probably would’ve been the starter last year if he didn’t get hurt plus we’re getting whoever we want out of the highly rated SFL guys next year and Davi in ‘25. Let UF dump all that cash and cuff themselves. Everybody has a cap and we’re nowhere near ours but with Rashada UF is near theirs.

UF needs Rashada because they’re out of options. We aren‘t and Dante with how everything is going is probably going to end up here and we’re not going to spend the same amount.
ND moving on from Dante prematurely was helpful here, giving us an extra and elite option. Like you said, all UF had was Rashada.

Advertisement

This is optimistic to say the least but I'd like half of it to be true.

And if we dont land Dante we are STILL in great shape for the 2924 crop and 2025 with Davi. Garcia is SOLID SOLID. If UF blows their load on Rashada and we have all of our bullets to build the foundations if championship lines then I like our approach. Strategic and Steady wins the race.

I mean if Dante ends up here, that would be phenomenal - I personally like him better than Rashada. But, I have a feeling A&M is dropping the bag on Moore, and we’re getting Emory…unless he has some closet obsession with the Noles and they’re his “dream offer”

People make calculated decisions all the time and they're wrong. I said I'm here to plant my flag that this is the wrong decision. 5-star QBs don't grow on trees. If one grows in an area you can claim as your own, you take it. And you sure as **** don't give your rival the opportunity to claim it.

If Moore comes here, I will change my tune. If Rashada sucks, I'll be right here in the paint. But from the position this minute, IMO it's a poor decision.

I don't have a crystal ball. Neither do you, neither does anyone on the board, neither does the staff. None of us know how this will play out as far as who will be good, who will suck, etc. But there is a 5-star QB who everyone is telling me has major interest, there is a billionaire booster everyone is telling me has us as much in the game as anyone on NIL, but we're gonna let him walk to Hogtown because they're willing to spend more? OK, fair enough. But he better not turn out to be a baller. We shall see.

Advertisement
Jeff Garcia?

2014-08-04-garcia-1407164119.jpg
Met him at a Ralphs in 4s Ranch, dude wears high waters with white socks

People make calculated decisions all the time and they're wrong. I said I'm here to plant my flag that this is the wrong decision. 5-star QBs don't grow on trees. If one grows in an area you can claim as your own, you take it. And you sure as **** don't give your rival the opportunity to claim it.

If Moore comes here, I will change my tune. If Rashada sucks, I'll be right here in the paint. But from the position this minute, IMO it's a poor decision.

I don't have a crystal ball. Neither do you, neither does anyone on the board, neither does the staff. None of us know how this will play out as far as who will be good, who will suck, etc. But there is a 5-star QB who everyone is telling me has major interest, there is a billionaire booster everyone is telling me has us as much in the game as anyone on NIL, but we're gonna let him walk to Hogtown because they're willing to spend more? OK, fair enough. But he better not turn out to be a baller. We shall see.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sometimes the Truth hurts.

True.

If A&M wants Rashada they’ll beat UF and not blink an eye. That’s why I’ve said it feels like they’re just hovering around his recruitment just enough to know the figures. Thats how you play the game. He’s an option but not necessarily “ the option“.
That’s all. I don’t think what a&m is willing to pay matches how they view a player, right now they’re just doing what it takes to stack stars and letting it all settle itself after

Last edited:
That’s all. I don’t think what a&m is wooing to pay matches how they view a player, right now they’re just doing what it takes to stack stars and letting it all settle itself after
I know it's unlikely but I'm hoping a lot of their players from their last class bust or transfer out so their boosters become a little gun shy with their money.

Advertisement
I hope nobody here loses their **** mind if he goes to the gators. I think we’re in a good situation regardless.

There’s actually two worst case scenarios, one where the only quarterback we have is Williams and that’s not bad at all. Can’t say no to a guy who has a lot of physical tools even if he’s not considered elite and maybe that changes after the elite 11. It’s always good to have depth. Dudes can get injured, peoples feelings can get hurt and they decide to leave or someone can get in trouble or break team rules.
Scenario 2 is we get nobody. Again not sweating it.
These schools will get the rest like Rashada Moore and manning.

We also have to realize that a lot of these teams that are front runners also have a stable to quarterbacks. Some of these coaches that we have on staff have a lot of ties to a lot of teams, a lot of players and a lot of families. We start winning some games and looking really good this season and pick up some buzz and there might be some quarterbacks on other teams that might start feeling some type of way.
Not to mention we’re sitting pretty good for some 24 players and even one who might reclassify.

The fsu offer is comical but expected. The problem I see is that the nofla players still might have a lot of love for those 2 teams north of i4.

If Williams ends up here despite a commitable offer from the semenholes it will speak volumes that a panhandle qb prefers to come down here to compete instead of staying up there.
We’ve seen this happen all too often down here where an elite 305 recruit is almost guaranteed a spot at UM but chooses Bama or uga where they’re 3 deep at the position.

Those teams up north still feel confident like we used to feel about slow playing someone cause they’re local and thinking they’ll just drop everything and commit in the spot.

I hope nobody here loses their **** mind if he goes to the gators. I think we’re in a good situation regardless.

There’s actually two worst case scenarios, one where the only quarterback we have is Williams and that’s not bad at all. Can’t say no to a guy who has a lot of physical tools even if he’s not considered elite and maybe that changes after the elite 11. It’s always good to have depth. Dudes can get injured, peoples feelings can get hurt and they decide to leave or someone can get in trouble or break team rules.

We also have to realize that a lot of these teams that are front runners also have a stable to quarterbacks. Some of these coaches that we have on staff have a lot of ties to a lot of teams, a lot of players and a lot of families. We start winning some games and looking really good this season and pick up some buzz and there might be some quarterbacks on other teams that might start feeling some type of way.
Not to mention we’re sitting pretty good for some 24 players and even one who might reclassify.

The fsu offer is comical but expected. The problem I see is that the nofla players still might have a lot of love for those 2 teams north of i4.

If Williams ends up here despite a commitable offer from the semenholes it will speak volumes that a panhandle qb prefers to come down here to compete instead of staying up there.
We’ve seen this happen all too often down here where an elite 305 recruit is almost guaranteed a spot at UM but chooses Bama or uga where they’re 3 deep at the position.

Those teams up north still feel confident like we used to feel about slow playing someone cause they’re local and thinking they’ll just drop everything and commit in the spot.
If for some reason Moore ends up at A&M or elsewhere / Emory chooses FSU after receiving a commitable offer, I would be appalled and disappointed If we didn’t circle back and match UF’s bag for Rashada - assuming it’s not some ridiculous 2-3 mil offer

We have zero recruiting momentum right now, hopefully that changes post Legends camp/Kirkland and Bryant’s decisions.

There’s nothing to freak out about, ever. First of all, if he commits there, it’s just a commitment. He’s not signing anywhere for 6 months. Secondly, even if he signs there, it’s not like Aaron Rodgers is signing. The kid might turn out to absolutely blow. We have no idea.

I’m just talking about playing percentages. I’ll take a Jaden Rashada every year, you take an Emory Williams. I guarantee you, over time, I’ll be in a much better spot. It’s simple statistics. But this particular scenario is 1 kid. Nothing to even remotely freak out about. I just think we should be on him as hard as possible if there’s any chance we can get him. And it sounds like there is. If I’m wrong in 2 years and he’s trashjuice, I’ll be here to be the punching bag and have everyone say “I told you so”.

Advertisement
If for some reason Moore ends up at A&M or elsewhere / Emory chooses FSU after receiving a commitable offer, I would be appalled and disappointed If we didn’t circle back and match UF’s bag for Rashada - assuming it’s not some ridiculous 2-3 mil offer

We have zero recruiting momentum right now, hopefully that changes post Legends camp/Kirkland and Bryant’s decisions.
I understand the frustration. But saying we don’t have any recruiting momentum seems a bit strong.
This recruiting cycle is gonna drag on for all teams due to nil.

There’s nothing to freak out about, ever. First of all, if he commits there, it’s just a commitment. He’s not signing anywhere for 6 months. Secondly, even if he signs there, it’s not like Aaron Rodgers is signing. The kid might turn out to absolutely blow. We have no idea.

I’m just talking about playing percentages. I’ll take a Jaden Rashada every year, you take an Emory Williams. I guarantee you, over time, I’ll be in a much better spot. It’s simple statistics. But this particular scenario is 1 kid. Nothing to even remotely freak out about. I just think we should be on him as hard as possible if there’s any chance we can get him. And it sounds like there is. If I’m wrong in 2 years and he’s trashjuice, I’ll be here to be the punching bag and have everyone say “I told you so”.
I’m all in on the take Rashada no matter what train. For depth, for optics, for momentum, and for his immortals teammates.
For whatever reason if he ends up at Florida instead of tamu it’s likely due to something else not named nil.
It would be one thing to say we’re not willing to match or beat a uf offer. But I 💯 doubt that uf is gonna beat out tamu in the nil department regardless of it’s legit, under the table, bitcoin, oil futures, oil stock, or straight cash.
Ending up at uf imo is just something that I wouldn’t understand unless tamu prefers Moore or there are red flags that we are unaware of.

I mean if Dante ends up here, that would be phenomenal - I personally like him better than Rashada. But, I have a feeling A&M is dropping the bag on Moore, and we’re getting Emory…unless he has some closet obsession with the Noles and they’re his “dream offer”
This is optimistic to say the least but I'd like half of it to be true.
@cway313 most of it isn’t. 1 of the 24’ kids plays at Mario’s alma mater, another plays for Chaminade and we get who we want from there, and the other plays at STA but is an actual UM fan. Literally whichever we want next year. Vitor already said he isn’t letting Davi go anywhere and Brazilians aren’t the type to live far away from family for the most part.

As far as Dante goes, he knows he’s getting paid anyways and everybody seems to have issues with his dad but us. I’m taking that as a sign that he wants him here and when a dad is that involved he might as well have a handler because any dad is going to help his son in that way. If it was about money then I would be worried but the way they’ve been talking and how they’re taking his recruitment comes off to me as the fit matters more.

Advertisement
Back