Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

You are assigning Dorsey qualities to him and expect us to have Bama’s roster but it’s all good cause you said TVD was better than King? For the record I don’t hate Emory, just the rationalization behind his talents.
I did not assign Dorsey qualities to him. I saod Dorsey was not a good pro. So to think only players who have pro abilities can be great QB in college is bull****. I clearly said he wont need to play immediately and by the time he may need to we would habe improved the roster. Yet you continue to act like im calling him Tom Brady out of high school.

Advertisement
Can you win with a game manager? Yeah I guess, if you totally build up the team around him to the point where you’re just way more talented than everyone else. But maybe having a star QB might make it to where you don’t need to have first round picks at every position to win the title. Stetson Bennet won a title. But look what happened when they played Alabama with their two 1,000 yard receivers vs when they played without them.

The answer is gonna be less than 1% but what is to be expected?

You might be right, but my questions was an honest one. Rating QBs is tough and not at all my personal strength (in the slightest). But I do I think it's fair to ask what the factual basis for anyone's opinion is on this stuff. Somebody who has watched a kid throw live a few times and looked at their film (like @SCarolina Ibis, for instance), I'm personally going to give that person's opinion more weight. If it's just a dude watching the same HUDL highlights (they aren't lowlights, after all) I watched, less.

Since I wrote the post about the insanity of people comparing Williams to Moore/Rashada, I'll clean things up a little bit.
@Bender @PittsburghCane

@No_Fly_Zone I have seen Williams play 3x.

At no point did I think this is a guy everyone is going to hear about, and I've seen plenty of small school and unranked recruits who immediately stand out. Williams' play (& his team for that matter) didn't exactly light the world on fire. That's not to say he sucks. Just that I didn't exactly see him as a future P5 starter at the time, and I think Mario and the reigning Broyles award winning OC can/will do better. But I also understand that there's more to it than simply saying he's their guy.

QB recruiting takes time and a lot of guys are already committed. The fact that our coaches told him they want to see where their remaining targets commit first (something he has said in multiple interviews), should tell everyone what they think about him. They want a QB in this class and they're keeping their options open by establishing connections with guys like Williams. Again, and I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't mean he sucks.

My issue here is that as fans we tend to overvalue the guys we're recruiting. We set unrealistic expectations based on highlights that 9/10 lead to disappointment. Some of the uhh.. higher ups on this site.. have contributed to this with their breakdowns of film from highlight clips that only show the positives or from post spring recaps with over the top "he's turned a corner" praise of players who should never see the field at Miami.

Personally.. he strikes me as a game manager and I think its risky to follow Jacurri Brown with Emory Williams. Jacurri is a lottery ticket. He has the tools needed to hit it BIG. But he is going to need at least 2 seasons worth of reps and coaching before we throw him out there. I'd rather see us land someone who can really push Jacurri than someone whose job would likely be go out there and not fck up.

I appreciate this response quite a bit, including the background for your opinion. I also tend to agree with you that reading between the lines some on these visit dates and commitment announcement dates strongly suggests the coaches have Moore and even Rashada higher up on their board.

Since I wrote the post about the insanity of people comparing Williams to Moore/Rashada, I'll clean things up a little bit.
@Bender @PittsburghCane

@No_Fly_Zone I have seen Williams play 3x.

At no point did I think this is a guy everyone is going to hear about, and I've seen plenty of small school and unranked recruits who immediately stand out. Williams' play (& his team for that matter) didn't exactly light the world on fire. That's not to say he sucks. Just that I didn't exactly see him as a future P5 starter at the time, and I think Mario and the reigning Broyles award winning OC can/will do better. But I also understand that there's more to it than simply saying he's their guy.

QB recruiting takes time and a lot of guys are already committed. The fact that our coaches told him they want to see where their remaining targets commit first (something he has said in multiple interviews), should tell everyone what they think about him. They want a QB in this class and they're keeping their options open by establishing connections with guys like Williams. Again, and I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't mean he sucks.

My issue here is that as fans we tend to overvalue the guys we're recruiting. We set unrealistic expectations based on highlights that 9/10 lead to disappointment. Some of the uhh.. higher ups on this site.. have contributed to this with their breakdowns of film from highlight clips that only show the positives or from post spring recaps with over the top "he's turned a corner" praise of players who should never see the field at Miami.

Personally.. he strikes me as a game manager and I think its risky to follow Jacurri Brown with Emory Williams. Jacurri is a lottery ticket. He has the tools needed to hit it BIG. But he is going to need at least 2 seasons worth of reps and coaching before we throw him out there. I'd rather see us land someone who can really push Jacurri than someone whose job would likely be go out there and not fck up.
I've seen Milton up close also and I can attest to your sentiment. With that being said Herbert was a 3 star bro.

Advertisement
To be honest based of the film I dont think its the craziest statement. I like Moore's arm but its not like the kid has a cannon. I see a good arm that can make all the throws. Moore is closer to Emory's arm than the cannon Rashada has. The thing about Moore is I see a player similar to Emory but just much much better. I see a kid with great size, okay athleticism but not a monster. I see a kid that processes the field very well and has excellent accuracy. The stats match that statement. He doesn't make mistakes and always makes the correct read. He makes all types of throws in his highlights and is always hitting his players in stride.
Then you’ve never seen actual live footage on his arm. Literally a couple days ago I saw a video on instagram of him at a 7 v. 7 tournament, he threw a ball to the side line, and as the ball got closer you could here the zip on the football. He isn’t Josh Allen but he’s got a strong *** arm.

???

Could you translate for those of us that aren’t mind readers?
Screenshot_20220610-173401_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
I appreciate this response quite a bit, including the background for your opinion. I also tend to agree with you that reading between the lines some on these visit dates and commitment announcement dates strongly suggests the coaches have Moore and even Rashada higher up on their board.
I think the coaches want to take him as the 2nd QB in the class with either Rashada or Moore. Both Cribby and Leeds have alluded to them taking 2 QBs when discussing Emory. Like Stetson Bennet and Mac Jones, I think that’s the ideal situation for him, especially with no IC limits this year.

Now it may not work out like that for many reasons but I think that’s Mario’s ideal scenario who I may add was on Bagas staff when they took Mac Jones as the 2nd QB to a fella named Tua.

Cmon man don’t tell me your obsessed with stars…
At QB I think stars matter from a perception stand point. But his original post stated that diamonds in the rough were for 2 and 3 stars and someone had checked his file and he was a 4 star. I was just reminding him that hadn't come to fruition as of yet.

Advertisement
At QB I think stars matter from a perception stand point. But his original post stated that diamonds in the rough were for 2 and 3 stars and someone had checked his file and he was a 4 star. I was just reminding him that hadn't come to fruition as of yet.
Case in point, Jalen Brown’s comments today at Overtime OT7 event when discussing his OV’s and eventual decision:

Brown isn't sure when exactly he will make a decision, but he did acknowledge that he's keeping a close eye on where some of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2023 land as he's close with Dante Moore and has caught passes from Jaden Rashada in the past.

"I'm trying to figure out my situation, but it would be nice to team up with one of the top quarterbacks in the country whether that be Dante Moore or Jaden Rashada. Really any one of them," Brown said.

Advertisement
Case in point, Jalen Brown’s comments today at Overtime OT7 event when discussing his OV’s and eventual decision:

Brown isn't sure when exactly he will make a decision, but he did acknowledge that he's keeping a close eye on where some of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2023 land as he's close with Dante Moore and has caught passes from Jaden Rashada in the past.

"I'm trying to figure out my situation, but it would be nice to team up with one of the top quarterbacks in the country whether that be Dante Moore or Jaden Rashada. Really any one of them," Brown said.
Exactly ****** ain't checking for Emory no matter what the tape shows.

LMAO

So gator poster with "a source close to Rashada" says "they got him" and his father " doesnt like Miami"

Of course this made them very happy... They are harassing Alderman to drop his cb for UF. They asked if he was waiting to see if Rashada gives the Canes an OV..
"Basically. Don’t really wanna hype anyone up on a guess also, even if it’s an educated one"

LMAO

So gator poster with "a source close to Rashada" says "they got him" and his father " doesnt like Miami"

Of course this made them very happy... They are harassing Alderman to drop his cb for UF. They asked if he was waiting to see if Rashada gives the Canes an OV..
"Basically. Don’t really wanna hype anyone up on a guess also, even if it’s an educated one"
Spring Satisfying GIF by STIHL USA

Advertisement
Back