Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I just don’t see it with Williams. Yes he does some nice things with check downs and decision making. Can’t say he doesn’t know how to throw and he’s very accurate.
He may very well turn out to be the best of all 3 in the end because no one knows how someone will develop. He definitely has the tools.
But right now there is no way that he’s better than the other 2 dudes or in the same level. They real issue with elite prospects lies in their ability to adapt to the next level. No one can predict that with the exception of a few players

We’ve all seen too many players that dck around with their recruitment not pan out and that worries me when it comes to Rashada. After all, it’s a leadership position and everyone is watching what he’s doing. But with NIL money I can’t start playing the moral authority.

My personal non insider track on all of this is that Rashada at some point let Mario know he was a cane. There is no way that all these players have come on campus and all of them have told Mario “we’re still looking”. Someone absolutely has already popped. Not saying they will stick cause a silent commit isn’t a signed letter. But there has to be a few and it wouldn’t surprise me if Rashada is or was already one of them. Mario Cristobal is a recruiting vet and isn’t gonna take any high profile commit while they still have a bunch of frontrunner visits.

Moore is a **** stud too and cant understand why dudes in here aren’t higher on him.

Either way, I think any of those 3 wont be a recruiting mistake even if they don’t pan out. Right now they all make sense for one reason or another. They all have enough and our room is healthy enough to say they’re a take.
If they don’t pan out and the other is a stud we will have your usual “I told you so threads” and that’s perfectly fine.

From some accounts Williams has been given the green light and for whatever reason hasn’t popped. So it’s either fake news on his green light or he’s just waiting for the right offer from the right school just like Pyburn was. Panhandle kids from panhandle families have a south Florida allergy unless there is a playoff with a U on it.
Me too I feel like Williams never plays here at QB

Advertisement
I don’t know why anyone is confident about a panhandle kid that hasn’t committed despite everyone saying he’s a 100percent take.
Him being a take has nothing to do with him committing. And I’m not saying he’s a take. Let’s revisit that after Legends camp.

Wtf is this corny *** ****. Hey let’s take a cool photo holdings shoes up to our ears.

View attachment 188816
It’s been addressed appropriately in Gator Tears. That’s their off-field QB CoRch. He looks like a wino.

D6914297-E99F-4048-BE36-0371DB534882.gif

Advertisement
Since I wrote the post about the insanity of people comparing Williams to Moore/Rashada, I'll clean things up a little bit.
@Bender @PittsburghCane

@No_Fly_Zone I have seen Williams play 3x.

At no point did I think this is a guy everyone is going to hear about, and I've seen plenty of small school and unranked recruits who immediately stand out. Williams' play (& his team for that matter) didn't exactly light the world on fire. That's not to say he sucks. Just that I didn't exactly see him as a future P5 starter at the time, and I think Mario and the reigning Broyles award winning OC can/will do better. But I also understand that there's more to it than simply saying he's their guy.

QB recruiting takes time and a lot of guys are already committed. The fact that our coaches told him they want to see where their remaining targets commit first (something he has said in multiple interviews), should tell everyone what they think about him. They want a QB in this class and they're keeping their options open by establishing connections with guys like Williams. Again, and I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't mean he sucks.

My issue here is that as fans we tend to overvalue the guys we're recruiting. We set unrealistic expectations based on highlights that 9/10 lead to disappointment. Some of the uhh.. higher ups on this site.. have contributed to this with their breakdowns of film from highlight clips that only show the positives or from post spring recaps with over the top "he's turned a corner" praise of players who should never see the field at Miami.

Personally.. he strikes me as a game manager and I think its risky to follow Jacurri Brown with Emory Williams. Jacurri is a lottery ticket. He has the tools needed to hit it BIG. But he is going to need at least 2 seasons worth of reps and coaching before we throw him out there. I'd rather see us land someone who can really push Jacurri than someone whose job would likely be go out there and not fck up.

Emory Williams went from a nice prospect who with proper development could contribute in 3 or 4 years to a day 1 starter. One of these dudes better hurry up and commit before we make this guy a day 1 Heisman candidate who is going to force the immediate transfer of Garcia and Brown.

Since I wrote the post about the insanity of people comparing Williams to Moore/Rashada, I'll clean things up a little bit.
@Bender @PittsburghCane

@No_Fly_Zone I have seen Williams play 3x.

At no point did I think this is a guy everyone is going to hear about, and I've seen plenty of small school and unranked recruits who immediately stand out. Williams' play (& his team for that matter) didn't exactly light the world on fire. That's not to say he sucks. Just that I didn't exactly see him as a future P5 starter at the time, and I think Mario and the reigning Broyles award winning OC can/will do better. But I also understand that there's more to it than simply saying he's their guy.

QB recruiting takes time and a lot of guys are already committed. The fact that our coaches told him they want to see where their remaining targets commit first (something he has said in multiple interviews), should tell everyone what they think about him. They want a QB in this class and they're keeping their options open by establishing connections with guys like Williams. Again, and I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't mean he sucks.

My issue here is that as fans we tend to overvalue the guys we're recruiting. We set unrealistic expectations based on highlights that 9/10 lead to disappointment. Some of the uhh.. higher ups on this site.. have contributed to this with their breakdowns of film from highlight clips that only show the positives or from post spring recaps with over the top "he's turned a corner" praise of players who should never see the field at Miami.

Personally.. he strikes me as a game manager and I think its risky to follow Jacurri Brown with Emory Williams. Jacurri is a lottery ticket. He has the tools needed to hit it BIG. But he is going to need at least 2 seasons worth of reps and coaching before we throw him out there. I'd rather see us land someone who can really push Jacurri than someone whose job would likely be go out there and not fck up.
No qualms with that assessment. Thank you for that.

Advertisement
Someone said Williams process information slowly, i saw the total opposite from his film. He made most of his throws within the confines of the plays. He is a good player, there were not alot of broken improvisation. He actually reminds me of Brad Kaaya. His accuracy and ball placements stands out. Most of these QBs are rated based on their arm strength which is why so many are bums at the next level like Ukelele. Emory would do fine here with a proper OL and running game, which should be high quality by the time he is ready to play. The other guys may have higher ceilings because of their physical ability. But that doesnt guarantee success. I would leave these to people who are QB gurus with track records
JARREN Williams process information slowly.

Emory Williams just has a noodle arm.

JARREN Williams process information slowly.

Emory Williams just has a noodle arm.
Emory would be a guy like Stetson Bennett at UGA you can win games maybe even a title with him if the team is stacked with players, which is what i said. By the time he has to play our talent should be significantly increased. He knows how to run the operation and put the ball where it needs to be.

He aint gonna be a day 1 starter, nor would he need to be, none of the high school players will need that.

Emory would be a guy like Stetson Bennett at UGA you can win games maybe even a title with him if the team is stacked with players, which is what i said. By the time he has to play our talent should be significantly increased. He knows how to run the operation and put the ball where it needs to be.

He aint gonna be a day 1 starter, nor would he need to be, none of the high school players will need that.
Agreed. Put him on a stacked team and don't ask him to win games for you. He's not going to go out there an make a bunch of stupid decisions that cost you the game. Game manager. Perfect backup quarterback.

I mean... when you have a generational defense like UGA just had and Bama loses its top 2 WRs to knee injuries, you can roll out a nobody at QB.

Advertisement
Btw Dorsey went 38-2 or something stupid like that and he was not a good pro QB. You can be a great college QB without great physical traits if you are great in the brain, a leader and also have great talent around you. Look at some of the QBs bama won titles with. Man like Mcelroy.

Btw Dorsey went 38-2 or something stupid like that and he was not a good pro QB. You can be a great college QB without great physical traits if you are great in the brain, a leader and also have great talent around you. Look at some of the QBs bama won titles with. Man like Mcelroy.
Those Bama team were loaded. Can we get there? Sure but you are starting out right behind the 8 ball if that is your stance. Also. Dorsey was highly regarded coming out of HS and you are making strong assumptions that Emory is anywhere on his level mentally. Dorsey was a winner, this kid finished 5-5 last year…

Advertisement
Those Bama team were loaded. Can we get there? Sure but you are starting our way behind the 8 ball if that is your stance. Also. Dorsey was highly regarded coming out of HS and you are making strong assumptions that Emory is anywhere on his level mentally. Dorsey was a winner, this kid finished 5-5 last year…
This chap will not be required to play anytime in the next 3 seasons minimum. Im fairly confident our roster will be significantly improved by that time. That would be Mario's 4th season when he is a redshirt SO or Junior. I said great talent around him. People here like to make pronouncement about players they have no idea about. Same back and forthan was having when i said TVD was a better QB than King. Just as a pure QB. Naa, he never played blah blah blah. Wrong. Some of you choose to.be antagonistic for no reason its amazing

This chap will not be required to play anytime in the next 3 seasons minimum. Im fairly confident our roster will be significantly improved by that time. That would be Mario's 4th season when he is a redshirt SO or Junior. People here like to make pronouncement about players they have no idea about. Same back and forthan was having when i said TVD was a better QB than King. Just as a pure QB. Naa, he never played blah blah blah. Wrong
You are assigning Dorsey qualities to him and expect us to have Bama’s roster but it’s all good cause you said TVD was better than King? For the record I don’t hate Emory, just the rationalization behind his talents.

Advertisement
Back