Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

I hear what you are saying, and I respect that there are many "old school" fans (and probably some new school ones as well) who are not as keen on paying unproven players large amounts.

But you also cannot overlook that these things are beyond "direct linear" situations with one player, as the investment you make in one key player can drive success for your entire recruiting class.

To put it another way...if the Gaytors flop on Rashada, they might not land even a Top 20 class, which would be devastating to the team and the fans. On the other hand, if they DO land Rashada, it can restore the recruiting momentum they have lost over the past 6 months.

Sometimes, the big picture is worth the big investment.
If us getting Rashada has the additional benefit of ******** over UF, then I'm all in.

chappelle-thats-why.gif

Advertisement
Anyone thinking that a legit draft pick at qb who’s in the portal isn’t gonna be the same type of nil battle as a 5 star qb is mistaken.
If Rattler and the other dudes were so good they would’ve been picked up by another frontrunner. There is a reason why Rattler ended up where he did.

When the talent difference is that noticeable form a dude who was getting second team reps and elevates the same team and coaching staff with the same playbook, it looks really bad.

Telling a freshman to jump in mid season and make you look pedestrian is just bad.

However, I will say that in the last few years the team that has been doing the least with less has been Ohio State.
Considering the level they’ve recruited at and the ammont players they’ve had drafted, it’s mind boggling they haven’t been in the playoffs more often. That fanbase keeps sucking off Ryan Day and I don’t get it.

Anyone thinking that a legit draft pick at qb who’s in the portal isn’t gonna be the same type of nil battle as a 5 star qb is mistaken.
If Rattler and the other dudes were so good they would’ve been picked up by another frontrunner. There is a reason why Rattler ended up where he did.

When the talent difference is that noticeable form a dude who was getting second team reps and elevates the same team and coaching staff with the same playbook, it looks really bad.

Telling a freshman to jump in mid season and make you look pedestrian is just bad.

However, I will say that in the last few years the team that has been doing the least with less has been Ohio State.
Considering the level they’ve recruited at and the ammont players they’ve had drafted, it’s mind boggling they haven’t been in the playoffs more often. That fanbase keeps sucking off Ryan Day and I don’t get it.
I agree with your post except for the last part - OSU has made 3/4 CFB playoffs.

Don't mind them paying big money for Proven Elite Portal guys but paying crazy money for unproven high school recruits is risky especially for the QB position when you can easily get a starting QB in the portal every year, but hey it's not my Money lol.
You’re a Bama fan. Bama gets a top 10 qb every year. But you don’t want Miami to do the same thing? Smh…

I agree with your post except for the last part - OSU has made 3/4 CFB playoffs.

Yeah......buddy needs to tone that one down a little. I was the band leader of the "Ryan Day ain't Urban Meyer" movement, and he probably isn't, but he's got a record of 34-4 as a Head Coach.

They went 13-1 in Year 1 and lost a playoff game they very easily could've won.
7-1 in the COVID year and lost in the national championship game (crushed is probably a more apt term, but they made it to the final game)
11-2 in Year 3 with a Rose Bowl win

You could say that, as he's moved further away from Urban's kids, he's had less success, as 2021 was his "worst" season, but 34-4 is 34-4.

This year will tell a bigger story. He's a full 4 seasons away from Urban. This is now entirely his program. Let's see how it goes. But going 34-4 and making 2/3 playoffs and 1/3 national championship games is certainly not "doing less with more".

Advertisement
Yeah......buddy needs to tone that one down a little. I was the band leader of the "Ryan Day ain't Urban Meyer" movement, and he probably isn't, but he's got a record of 34-4 as a Head Coach.

They went 13-1 in Year 1 and lost a playoff game they very easily could've won.
7-1 in the COVID year and lost in the national championship game (crushed is probably a more apt term, but they made it to the final game)
11-2 in Year 3 with a Rose Bowl win

You could say that, as he's moved further away from Urban's kids, he's had less success, as 2021 was his "worst" season, but 34-4 is 34-4.

This year will tell a bigger story. He's a full 4 seasons away from Urban. This is now entirely his program. Let's see how it goes. But going 34-4 and making 2/3 playoffs and 1/3 national championship games is certainly not "doing less with more".
He can rebuttal and say “Larry Coker,” but like you said, this year will be very telling for Day.

Amusing. The same fan base that made up the nonsensical claim that Citizen only came to UM because he was supposedly promised a starting job is going to have to rely on the fact that Rashada is practically guaranteed to start at UF in order to get him. Since that is the only real "advantage" they have over us, because our QB room is stacked and theirs is barren.

First let me point out that I'm on record IN THIS THREAD saying that we need to pay Rashada if the alternative is him signing with the gaytor. I'm also in the camp that believes Jake Garcia is truth and has the swagger we've been missing.

If Rashada commits I won't complain at all. I'd love to have him. But his commitment will have a huge domino effect on the roster (and obviously recruiting).

Do you guys realize that as of today Garcia was ranked higher as a recruit than Rashada is? I know its only a 5 spot difference. But one is on the roster and currently making 50k. The other wants what? A million per year?

The problem is IF we get Rashada's commitment, and IF we keep it, I have a hard time believing Garcia will be on the roster next fall if he isn't named the starter AND gets a better NIL deal. Maybe that won't be an issue because obviously we'd have Rashada. But it probably won't be as simple as that.

In other words.. buckle up.

First let me point out that I'm on record IN THIS THREAD saying that we need to pay Rashada if the alternative is him signing with the gaytor. I'm also in the camp that believes Jake Garcia is truth and has the swagger we've been missing.

If Rashada commits I won't complain at all. I'd love to have him. But his commitment will have a huge domino effect on the roster (and obviously recruiting).

Do you guys realize that as of today Garcia was ranked higher as a recruit than Rashada is? I know its only a 5 spot difference. But one is on the roster and currently making 50k. The other wants what? A million per year?

The problem is IF we get Rashada's commitment, and IF we keep it, I have a hard time believing Garcia will be on the roster next fall if he isn't named the starter AND gets a better NIL deal. Maybe that won't be an issue because obviously we'd have Rashada. But it probably won't be as simple as that.

True on the rankings but two points with that one, first stack talent and second regardless of ranking the arm talent on Rashada is apparent. Lastly, NIL is new and Jake came in right before it blew up. That’s gonna be a problem not just specific to Miami. Get with the times or get left behind. A commitment from a top 5 QB gets this class rolling.

Advertisement
One thing people forget is that you are not stuck to only ONE NIL deal. This is just the initial offering. But if these guys are smart they look at the whole package throughout their college careers. If they are successful in Miami many more deals will become available. Just look at what our current players are rolling in compared to FSU and UF. And all this is while we are down. Just imagine what these guys will get if they are the ones to actually bring the U back??

That's one of the major concerns with this transition of NIL of incoming freshman to current players on the roster. Lots of hurt feelings. I'm not sure TVD even makes a million a year.

The reason you pay the money for the big time QB recruit is the exact same reason some people are against paying the money: You don't know who's going to turn out great and who's going to be a bum. IMO, you stack as much blue chip depth at QB as possible and let the best guy win the job. I'm not a fan of assuming Jacurri Brown will eventually be the starter or even that Jake Garcia is some kind of can't miss prospect who will immediately be crowned "QB" as soon as TVD enters the draft. It's not that I think either of those guys can't do the job, I just don't assume they can do the job. I think it's a good idea to bring in a blue chip QB every class, whether you absolutely need one or not. The coaches like Rashada. He seems like a smart kid and had great tape. I'd love to have him here. But if he signs elsewhere we still need to throw the kitchen sink at a blue chip QB. It's not like they get the full amount as soon as they sign on. If the guy busts or transfers, his NIL package with Miami goes out the window with him.

Also, if you're a 5 star QB, you don't care about easy depth charts. If Jaden Rashada doesn't believe he can beat out Jake Garcia or Jacurri Brown, I don't want him here anyway. Picking a school because there's no competition is as SOFT as it gets

True on the rankings but two points with that one, first stack talent and second regardless of ranking the arm talent on Rashada is apparent. Lastly, NIL is new and Jake came in right before it blew up. That’s gonna be a problem not just specific to Miami. Get with the times or get left behind. A commitment from a top 5 QB gets this class rolling.
Its such tricky situation when it comes down to it. It really reminds me of the old NFL rookie contracts, when every year the contracts outdid the year prior. It was a never-ending increase.

I can't even say I have a problem with it. I just don't know what's gonna happen. If say.. 10 million lands a top 10 class this year, that same 10 million could fall well short next year. So I guess.. Idk.. its better to spend big this year because next year will be way more expensive.

Advertisement
Amusing. The same fan base that made up the nonsensical claim that Citizen only came to UM because he was supposedly promised a starting job is going to have to rely on the fact that Rashada is practically guaranteed to start at UF in order to get him. Since that is the only real "advantage" they have over us, because our QB room is stacked and theirs is barren.
That and they think he wants to play in the SEC so that means we’re out according to the latest rules of the gaytor.

That's one of the major concerns with this transition of NIL of incoming freshman to current players on the roster. Lots of hurt feelings. I'm not sure TVD even makes a million a year.
I've seen somewhere TVD has an NIL value of 700k. Not sure if that's annualized, or prorated over an expected two years, estimated or actual, but just as a reference point. I believe it was On3 or some other NIL value website.

Advertisement
You can disagree without the disrespect. We haven’t had many conversations in the first place. Relax. If you want to tell me I’m wrong cool. And hey I could be in the end but let’s not act like everything you’ve said has always been correct and turned out right. The only reasons ppl feel like they still have a chance here is Mario or Ruiz and NIL.
That’s a pretty big reason.

It's fascinating.

Once he takes the OVs, there are no more "SEC visit appearance" checks to cash (and they are obviously not checks, it's money orders or negotiable bearer bonds like in Die Hard). Plus Rashada has visited UM a couple of times already, so if we paid some illicit appearance money ourselves months ago, it's already water under the bridge.
I don’t believe this at all. Except maybe a little spending money while on their trip, no one is dropping bags on a player before they get him.

I don’t believe this at all. Except maybe a little spending money while on their trip, no one is dropping bags on a player before they get him.
Oh my God you couldn’t be more wrong with thinking this! I personally know of two recruits that Miami has agreements with who will wait until NSD to commit solely BECAUSE they are being paid to visit campuses and keep their recruitment open by the usual suspects.

Advertisement
Back