Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Fair but can’t you say that about any recruit? I get it, you want your QB to be locked in and usually they are. Mario had to fight off suitors for Jacurri last fall after Manny got fired and he probably would’ve bolted if Manny was the coach.

NIL changes everything at every spot now, including QB and especially THIS QB prospect. They have Moore as an option if they prefer whom seems like a more “once committed, he will stick kinda guy.”

True indeed. It's the new reality. I don't want to sound like the old man yelling at the clouds.

Advertisement
I'm in the same boat with you. However, unfortunately this is the day an age we're in with college football. In addition, this generation seems more like they want instant gratification. We are going to have to basically recruit our whole team every year. Especially the top players. Knowing that's the era we're in we have to stack chips at every position. I believe Rashada would definitely help with getting other offense players on board on this recruiting class.
I wanna agree but this might be a good thing it will stop coaches from having this Seniority complex of being scared to player more talented players because maybe they don’t know the playbook 100%…. We saw this with Shannon, golden and Diaz.

Wait wut??

Caleb Williams, Spencer Rattler, to a lesser extent Slovis at Pitt…. And that’s just off top of my head that’s still clouded in the Gino DiManny baseball dust from yesterday.

This is my point. Proven commodities in the college ranks available. And it will be annually! I’d much rather go get guys like this over paying an Ewers (like OSU did) who has proven NOTHING at the collegiate level.

…that was the only reason I mentioned Ewers.
Ok, but why did those guys transfer? I will concede that you proved your point in terms of experience.

Williams transferred because his HC went there from OU which in turn caused Slovis to transfer. Spencer Rattler is not a good QB. There is a reason he lost his job to Williams. BTW, look at Slovis stats. He got worse each year.

These are the type of QBs you want to pay NIL deals?

1654529344749.png

Advertisement
Quinn Ewers played in ZERO games last year.

Again, this money isn’t paid up front and it’s not a guarantee. You will have to pay if you want a QB and it’s not like you are going to get a top QB to transfer. It will be some back up with limited snaps.

I would agree and it has been proven that you can get other proven commodities but not at the QB position. Guys have to compete at that position. Worst case he doesn’t win the job and he moves on.

Like in the NFL, do you want to get paid like your teammates that are getting the money? Then step your game up and outwork and out play your internal competition, just like you need to do in the NFL.

View attachment 188509
Agreed and look no further than our portal haul this year. Mario did an admirable job this cycle in the portal and we still didn’t address every point. We got a Mike but he isn’t great, didn’t get a WR to stretch the field and didn’t get a RT. Portal is risky because the pool is smaller.

Now if you are worried about spending a ton of money on a HS QB, what do people think we will spend on a highly sought after transfer? Also, very doubtful it will be anything that much different than a HS kid. It will most likely be a highly rated kid that showed promise in practice and mop up duty but is behind someone better. If it is someone proven, the money will be insane. I mean, wasn’t it rumored Addison got retarded money for one year as a WR?

Either way, in the new NIL world, you either spending or getting left behind. Our QB room which is nice can start looking wobbly in a year if we miss on a cycle or two.

Ok, but why did those guys transfer? I will concede that you proved your point in terms of experience.

Williams transferred because his HC went there from OU which in turn caused Slovis to transfer. Spencer Rattler is not a good QB. There is a reason he lost his job to Williams. BTW, look at Slovis stats. He got worse each year.

These are the type of QBs you want to pay NIL deals?

View attachment 188510
I would 100% take Spencer Rattler if we didn't have TVD. Rattler comes here's and puts up 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs easy. He lost his job to Caleb Williams because Williams is an absolute freak whose very likely on his way to be the #1 Overall pick in the 2024 Draft.

I would 100% take Spencer Rattler if we didn't have TVD. Rattler comes here's and puts up 3000+ yards and 30+ TDs easy. He lost his job to Caleb Williams because Williams is an absolute freak whose very likely on his way to be the #1 Overall pick in the 2024 Draft.
Williams is a stud but Rattler struggled in a QB friendly system. If Rattler takes care of business, Williams does see the field yet.

Advertisement
No, Rattler lost his job because he’s not a leader, a me first entitled PrimaDona that caused a lot of turmoil in the locker room while surrounded by insane talent.

He also regressed, especially vs better competition last year.

Now he’s going to SC where he won’t play with the same amount of talent nor talent in coaching.

Another wackmiller porst. Rattler was cheeks with best QB coach in CFB. Please stfu.

Respectfully, youre making their point. You CANT just assume it will translate to college, so how can we assume it for Garcia? He hasn’t done anything at this level either.

The goal then, is to stack talent, so that if one guy busts you’ve got the other.

I would love for Jake to ball tf out, but if Rashada is better than I want him starting, and if Garcia is better, then Rashada breathes down his neck as his backup until he gets handed the keys. Win-win.
Understandable. I never said I wouldn’t want Jaden Rashada… I just stated why he wouldn’t probably come to Miami, and it’s because of the QB room. If you Rashada, honestly, fanship aside, would you come to Miami right now?

Advertisement
Understandable. I never said I wouldn’t want Jaden Rashada… I just stated why he wouldn’t probably come to Miami, and it’s because of the QB room. If you Rashada, honestly, fanship aside, would you come to Miami right now?
If I’m a 5-star QB who knows I’m getting a bag, I’m not too worried about anyones depth chart.

Miami would be under strong consideration for the following reasons
  • I am making the assumption that being from around the Bay Are, he likes the city atmosphere
  • NIL is obviously important to him and the opportunities are plentiful here
  • Mario just got hired and I would expect some continuity there. This point is a shot at the possibility of Lane bouncing at any point
  • Gattis is regarded as a top notch OC
  • He has been labeled as ultra competitive kid, why would he be afraid of Garcia and Brown, neither of whom have proven anything yet? Id imagine he thinks he is better than both of those kids. Now lets say TVD decides to stay, well then he gets to step on campus and see for himself just how he measures up to a kid that would most likely be looked upon as a day 1 or at worst day 2 pick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back