Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

i personally don’t think we should drop our pants and dole out asinine amounts of money to high school QBs or any high school player for that matter. Save it for proven college commodities. In the era of the transfer portal, starting QBs with college experience will be available annually. ****… Quinn Ewers, the “prodigy” at QB coming out, lasted a whopping one year at Ohio St riding pine before bouncing to Texas.

There’s zero reason to upset the apple cart (or locker room) by paying some kid hundreds of thousands more than kids in the program who’ve been grinding. Let the desperate Florida’s of the world overspend and create that locker room magic!
What you're saying then is you want to not compete for any of the elite HS kids moving forward and settle for 15th ranked classes.

Advertisement
Just a brutal post all the way around. From the first word to the last, just completely awful. Sheesh.

We need this kid. Badly. He's a 5-star talent at the most important position in sports. There is NOTHING else that needs to be said. Do whatever it takes to get him here. It sure seems like the gator is, doesn't it? Seems like A&M is? Hmm.
You’re speaking from a fan perspective. I get it. It’s always best for y’all. Lmao

I’ve checked out of this young man’s recruitment. I respect their diligence but it appears to be just bag chasing so it comes off as a circus to me.

This is the way I feel too. Doesn't feel like a kid that will commit, lock in, and be the class "ambassador" recruiting other kids. Seems like you'll have to always continuously recruit him even if he commits to your school. Never will be at ease until pen hits paper

Advertisement
His biggest importance is not himself, it’s him bringing guys with him. I could care less if he pans out next year or the year after. You do it to get the elite guys who want to play with elite guys. I also see the point of the guy talking about sewers, but I’m sure just landing him that cycle helped land other players THAT cycle. It’s unfortunate but it’s the ROI that has the most importance and we still have to spend big boy money in the trenches and at CB.

His biggest importance is not himself, it’s him bringing guys with him. I could care less if he pans out next year or the year after. You do it to get the elite guys who want to play with elite guys. I also see the point of the guy talking about sewers, but I’m sure just landing him that cycle helped land other players THAT cycle. It’s unfortunate but it’s the ROI that has the most importance and we still have to spend big boy money in the trenches and at CB.
Excellent point

Advertisement
i personally don’t think we should drop our pants and dole out asinine amounts of money to high school QBs or any high school player for that matter. Save it for proven college commodities. In the era of the transfer portal, starting QBs with college experience will be available annually. ****… Quinn Ewers, the “prodigy” at QB coming out, lasted a whopping one year at Ohio St riding pine before bouncing to Texas.

There’s zero reason to upset the apple cart (or locker room) by paying some kid hundreds of thousands more than kids in the program who’ve been grinding. Let the desperate Florida’s of the world overspend and create that locker room magic!
Quinn Ewers played in ZERO games last year.

Again, this money isn’t paid up front and it’s not a guarantee. You will have to pay if you want a QB and it’s not like you are going to get a top QB to transfer. It will be some back up with limited snaps.

I would agree and it has been proven that you can get other proven commodities but not at the QB position. Guys have to compete at that position. Worst case he doesn’t win the job and he moves on.

Like in the NFL, do you want to get paid like your teammates that are getting the money? Then step your game up and outwork and out play your internal competition, just like you need to do in the NFL.

1654527810506.png

This is the way I feel too. Doesn't feel like a kid that will commit, lock in, and be the class "ambassador" recruiting other kids. Seems like you'll have to always continuously recruit him even if he commits to your school. Never will be at ease until pen hits paper
Sounds like you're hedging lol ...

Nah. I just don’t see it. I believe he actually loves Miami. But The kid looks like someone ready to play right away and he won’t be able to at Miami. TVD is not 100% headed off to the NFL which would mean he’s QB1 in 2023. If he does head off, Garcia is primed to play QB1 for at least two seasons, and Jaden would still have to compete with Jacurri after that. When he actually considers that QB room, I think he’ll be more likely to go somewhere else. UM is just not favorable for him to play until possibly 2025 unless injury is involved. Also, I don’t know if that NIL money he and his pops are asking for is something Miami is willing to put out. Him coming to Miami would look good for our overall class talent, but it would not be a loss if he didn’t.
I just don't think you can say with that much certainty Garcia and/or Brown will beat him or anyone else out. If TVD goes it should be an all out open competition

Advertisement

It would be an interesting case study to quantify but there has to be some difference between landing a 5 star QB and 3 star QB when it comes to the quality of offensive guys in the class. That’s why I’m hoping for Rashada as it can impact Wr, OL, etc.

Do you think Rashada will go all out and do that?

Based off the same thing you all are wanting this kid Rashada for. All of you seen this **** a 1000 time and still go for it. Highly touted QB who balls out in HS doesn’t mean it will translate to college. You’d rather a freshman come in and play over a talented QB who’s been in college for a two years that’s competing with a top 5 QB?!?! SMH. Y’all some real deal clownish fans.
So because Garcia has been here he should be given the starting job. 🙄 Manny gone but I wish he took the idiots with him. If Garcia is better than whatever other QB is on the roster next year he should start that is the only scenario. Look in the mirror for the clown.

Advertisement
Fair but can’t you say that about any recruit? I get it, you want your QB to be locked in and usually they are. Mario had to fight off suitors for Jacurri last fall after Manny got fired and he probably would’ve bolted if Manny was the coach.

NIL changes everything at every spot now, including QB and especially THIS QB prospect. They have Moore as an option if they prefer whom seems like a more “once committed, he will stick kinda guy.”

So because Garcia has been here he should be given the starting job. 🙄 Manny gone but I wish he took the idiots with him. If Garcia is better than whatever other QB is on the roster next year he should start that is the only scenario. Look in the mirror for the clown.
Right!!! Bama and Clemson didnt care if they had an older guy...the better younger guy started and the older guy transferred and it worked for both programs

Quinn Ewers played in ZERO games last year.

Again, this money isn’t paid up front and it’s not a guarantee. You will have to pay if you want a QB and it’s not like you are going to get a top QB to transfer. It will be some back up with limited snaps.

I would agree and it has been proven that you can get other proven commodities but not at the QB position. Guys have to compete at that position. Worst case he doesn’t win the job and he moves on.

Like in the NFL, do you want to get paid like your teammates that are getting the money? Then step your game up and outwork and out play your internal competition, just like you need to do in the NFL.

View attachment 188509

Wait wut??

Caleb Williams, Spencer Rattler, to a lesser extent Slovis at Pitt…. And that’s just off top of my head that’s still clouded in the Gino DiManny baseball dust from yesterday.

This is my point. Proven commodities in the college ranks available. And it will be annually! I’d much rather go get guys like this over paying an Ewers (like OSU did) who has proven NOTHING at the collegiate level.

…that was the only reason I mentioned Ewers.

Based off the same thing you all are wanting this kid Rashada for. All of you seen this **** a 1000 time and still go for it. Highly touted QB who balls out in HS doesn’t mean it will translate to college. You’d rather a freshman come in and play over a talented QB who’s been in college for a two years that’s competing with a top 5 QB?!?! SMH. Y’all some real deal clownish fans.
Respectfully, youre making their point. You CANT just assume it will translate to college, so how can we assume it for Garcia? He hasn’t done anything at this level either.

The goal then, is to stack talent, so that if one guy busts you’ve got the other.

I would love for Jake to ball tf out, but if Rashada is better than I want him starting, and if Garcia is better, then Rashada breathes down his neck as his backup until he gets handed the keys. Win-win.

Advertisement
Back