Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Lot of bashing on this thread. I’ve thought about how we recruit and it seems like

1- we keep things on the hush maybe for a reason to keep the bidding down
2-this group of coaches seems smart and the finish might actually be worth it

Time will tell.

Advertisement
that was a fun experience I don’t look forward to going through again in the next Winter or two.
If Mario is successful, it will become an annual ritual as assistants move on to head coaching opportunities. Happened at Oregon and I see no reason it won't happen here if the results on the field are what we're hoping for.

If Mario is successful, it will become an annual ritual as assistants move on to head coaching opportunities. Happened at Oregon and I see no reason it won't happen here if the results on the field are what we're hoping for.
When coaches leave it means you’re winning. I don’t see too much of that after year 1. Miami should win 10 games this year! The key also will be to not get destroyed by A& M and Clemson. Miami has to play hard and be in the game. Win ten, and don’t get destroyed or maybe win a game like that and it will add to the recruiting appeal

Something was mentioned on the UiF board about the 5th OV possibly being to Miami.

B7B263C1-80F3-4C10-B4D4-6B671387A4A5.jpeg

If that happens, especially if it’s right before the 18th - I’m banking on is getting him. Just my opinion. And the gaytors can keep dismissing us since we’re not in the SEC - the fall is gonna be harder.

Something was mentioned on the UiF board about the 5th OV possibly being to Miami.

View attachment 188497

If that happens, especially if it’s right before the 18th - I’m banking on is getting him. Just my opinion. And the gaytors can keep dismissing us since we’re not in the SEC - the fall is gonna be harder.
1654488881237.png

Advertisement

View attachment 188497

200 (4).gif

I’ve checked out of this young man’s recruitment. I respect their diligence but it appears to be just bag chasing so it comes off as a circus to me.

If, and this is a big if for him and his world traveling family, they take an OV to miami on the final weekend before he commits I think we land him…only for him to continue to bag chase and likely
Lose him later on towards signing day 🤣

Advertisement
I’ve checked out of this young man’s recruitment. I respect their diligence but it appears to be just bag chasing so it comes off as a circus to me.

If, and this is a big if for him and his world traveling family, they take an OV to miami on the final weekend before he commits I think we land him…only for him to continue to bag chase and likely
Lose him later on towards signing day 🤣
This is why I asked why he's being viewed as such a big get. I could see it with Iamaleava, but there's drop off to Rashada. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Moore/Williams for this kind of hassle. Let's say we get him and he signs, will he stay or jump in the portal for a bigger bag next season?

View attachment 188497

Nah. I just don’t see it. I believe he actually loves Miami. But The kid looks like someone ready to play right away and he won’t be able to at Miami. TVD is not 100% headed off to the NFL which would mean he’s QB1 in 2023. If he does head off, Garcia is primed to play QB1 for at least two seasons, and Jaden would still have to compete with Jacurri after that. When he actually considers that QB room, I think he’ll be more likely to go somewhere else. UM is just not favorable for him to play until possibly 2025 unless injury is involved. Also, I don’t know if that NIL money he and his pops are asking for is something Miami is willing to put out. Him coming to Miami would look good for our overall class talent, but it would not be a loss if he didn’t.

This is why I asked why he's being viewed as such a big get. I could see it with Iamaleava, but there's drop off to Rashada. I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Moore/Williams for this kind of hassle. Let's say we get him and he signs, will he stay or jump in the portal for a bigger bag next season?
Does landing him help you land other players that you otherwise would not have landed who will be big time contributors for years to come and elevate the overall quality of your class? I suspect it does which is why I wouldn’t look at the contributions of landing an “elite QB” in a vacuum even if there is the possibility they may not be here in a couple of seasons.

Now Moore gives you that same bump but I think there would be a drop off with any of the other remaining targets. Plus who’s to say he doesn’t beat out all of the other QB’s on roster next year or even that he would immediately bounce. Most fans thought Garcia would have hit portal by now during his recruitment.

Does landing him help you land other players that you otherwise would not have landed who will be big time contributors for years to come and elevate the overall quality of your class? I suspect it does which is why I wouldn’t look at the contributions of landing an “elite QB” in a vacuum even if there is the possibility they may not be here in a couple of seasons.

Now Moore gives you that same bump but I think there would be a drop off with any of the other remaining targets. Plus who’s to say he doesn’t beat out all of the other QB’s on roster next year or even that he would immediately bounce. Most fans thought Garcia would have hit portal by now during his recruitment.
Getting him kills the gaytor

Advertisement
Nah. I just don’t see it. I believe he actually loves Miami. But The kid looks like someone ready to play right away and he won’t be able to at Miami. TVD is not 100% headed off to the NFL which would mean he’s QB1 in 2023. If he does head off, Garcia is primed to play QB1 for at least two seasons, and Jaden would still have to compete with Jacurri after that. When he actually considers that QB room, I think he’ll be more likely to go somewhere else. UM is just not favorable for him to play until possibly 2025 unless injury is involved. Also, I don’t know if that NIL money he and his pops are asking for is something Miami is willing to put out. Him coming to Miami would look good for our overall class talent, but it would not be a loss if he didn’t.
We’ll see if we get an OV and then find out on the 18th.

Just a brutal post all the way around. From the first word to the last, just completely awful. Sheesh.

We need this kid. Badly. He's a 5-star talent at the most important position in sports. There is NOTHING else that needs to be said. Do whatever it takes to get him here. It sure seems like the gator is, doesn't it? Seems like A&M is? Hmm.

Advertisement

I'm in the same boat with you. However, unfortunately this is the day an age we're in with college football. In addition, this generation seems more like they want instant gratification. We are going to have to basically recruit our whole team every year. Especially the top players. Knowing that's the era we're in we have to stack chips at every position. I believe Rashada would definitely help with getting other offense players on board on this recruiting class.

Garcia is primed based off what?

i personally don’t think we should drop our pants and dole out asinine amounts of money to high school QBs or any high school player for that matter. Save it for proven college commodities. In the era of the transfer portal, starting QBs with college experience will be available annually. ****… Quinn Ewers, the “prodigy” at QB coming out, lasted a whopping one year at Ohio St riding pine before bouncing to Texas.

There’s zero reason to upset the apple cart (or locker room) by paying some kid hundreds of thousands more than kids in the program who’ve been grinding. Let the desperate Florida’s of the world overspend and create that locker room magic!

Garcia is primed based off what?
Based off the same thing you all are wanting this kid Rashada for. All of you seen this **** a 1000 time and still go for it. Highly touted QB who balls out in HS doesn’t mean it will translate to college. You’d rather a freshman come in and play over a talented QB who’s been in college for a two years that’s competing with a top 5 QB?!?! SMH. Y’all some real deal clownish fans.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back