Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Until it is confirmed that we have an unlimited recruiting NIL budget, multiple approaches to roster building need to be considered. If we have a full roster budget of 40+ mil per year for example, 10+ mil per class, sure, spend 2 mil on an ALSO UNPROVEN high school player with a 30% hit rate. Until then, it is more than conceivable that spreading that money out to several other positions and the transfer portal is possibly or probably a more prudent decision.
I think a lot of you are overestimating Mario's portal prowess. He hasn't gone after any blue chip recruits in the portal that shows that's his game plan. He appears to be more of a get role players guy. Nothing wrong with that if it works but the big fish have not looked Miami's way so far.

Advertisement
I think a lot of you are overestimating Mario's portal prowess. He hasn't gone after any blue chip recruits in the portal that shows that's his game plan. He appears to be more of a get role players guy. Nothing wrong with that if it works but the big fish have not looked Miami's way so far.
It's been reported by our insiders we offered major 💵 to Worthy & Flowers. We didn't land them but that's chasing some big fish. And maybe they weren't splashy but Mesidor, Jackson, Porter, and Parrish were good additions.

Advertisement
So let me get this straight. We are set at QB because we have 2 unproven Freshmen backing up a QB who looked good for half a season. TVD is also guaranteed to be a high draft pick this year. If I could throw up on your phone/computer I would.
Not what I said moron. Read the whole paragraph. I'm saying if we go with Emory Williams or Avery Johnson or whatever non 5 star we will be fine with Mario due to the transfer portal if needed. Some of the best QBs recently transferred and became college football stars (Kyler Murray, Justin Fields, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Baker Mayfield, etc. the list goes on and on). Not worried if we whiff on Rashada or Moore or whoever.

You said MC didn't go after any major players in the portal, my examples were Xavier Worthy & Zay Flowers, two major blue chip type guys as you stated, those aren't role guys. So, I understood just fine.
When were Xavier Worthy and Zay Flowers in the portal? I'll wait.

Not what I said moron. Read the whole paragraph. I'm saying if we go with Emory Williams or Avery Johnson or whatever non 5 star we will be fine with Mario due to the transfer portal if needed. Some of the best QBs recently transferred and became college football stars (Kyler Murray, Justin Fields, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Baker Mayfield, etc. the list goes on and on). Not worried if we whiff on Rashada or Moore or whoever.
Glad you aren't worried since that's worth exactly ****** nothing.

So let me get this straight. We are set at QB because we have 2 unproven Freshmen backing up a QB who looked good for half a season. TVD is also guaranteed to be a high draft pick this year. If I could throw up on your phone/computer I would.
TVD is not guaranteed to be a high draft pick. And by that I mean he absolutely is not a 1st round lock in any way. It could be in his best interest to return to try to solidify himself as a 1st rounder.

Advertisement
When were Xavier Worthy and Zay Flowers in the portal? I'll wait.

You’re going down with ship on “pay anything for a 5 star QB”. It’s fine to disagree with Mario and the billionaires. But at least acknowledge they have their valuation methodology and they are sticking to it. They’re not just winging this thing.

Personally I’m with them, think throwing a lot of money at a HS kid who is highly probable to sit at least a year most likely 2-3 seems reckless right now when you don’t know where the market is headed. If Rashada walks away from what is on the table, don’t panic bid. Give it a year and your pricing knowledge will be much higher.

You’re going down with ship on “pay anything for a 5 star QB”. It’s fine to disagree with Mario and the billionaires. But at least acknowledge they have their valuation methodology and they are sticking to it. They’re not just winging this thing.

Personally I’m with them, think throwing a lot of money at a HS kid who is highly probable to sit at least a year most likely 2-3 seems reckless right now when you don’t know where the market is headed. If Rashada walks away from what is on the table, don’t panic bid. Give it a year and your pricing knowledge will be much higher.
It's not a fact of pay anything. It's the fact of people acting like they know TVD is leaving after the season. It's the fact of people acting like Garcia and Brown are the answer and don't need competition when they've proven nothing. It's a fact of people pretending that we can just get a top notch portal QB when we haven't gone after any of the top notch guys. If we settle on a project QB but land a Texas A&M Dline class that would be the only way this works.

It's not a fact of pay anything. It's the fact of people acting like they know TVD is leaving after the season. It's the fact of people acting like Garcia and Brown are the answer and don't need competition when they've proven nothing. It's a fact of people pretending that we can just get a top notch portal QB when we haven't gone after any of the top notch guys. If we settle on a project QB but land a Texas A&M Dline class that would be the only way this works.
It's a little bit of everything.
TVD isn't guaranteed to leave. But If he does stay it SIGNIGICANTLY makes getting a 5star Qb this class less important.

Garcia can very well be the heir to the throne. It's in our best interest for him to earn that title, as it would set us up extremely well. Doesn't mean we should or want to let everything ride on him.

Brown is definitely a developmental piece that if he hit would be awesome, but if he doesn't it really isn't a problem. He's the exact type of developmental prospect you take between top guys. At the very least he has a different skill set that is very valuable in the event the starter gets hurt.

So we should absolutely swing for the top Qbs, but it is pretty important to set a budget on Qbs. We need to have a number in mind, and only cross it for a guy that WILL START. That's why I've been saying we shouldn't go all out on a QB this year - specifically because this year is going to be the wild ******* west in Qb valuations. Over time they will likely get more reasonable. If we could lock down a top Qb without breaking the bank, we absolutely should. And btw I'm not saying we shouldn't spend a **** load on a QB, I'm just saying I'd rather spend 90% of the money set aside for Qb on a bonafide stud that WILL start (whether Freshman or Portal), and 10-20% on developmental prospects like Jacurri and Emory Williams, than spending 25% on a Qb yearly...

CIS when other schools said we were only getting guys by overpaying- "LOL clowns. I'm sorry is there a budget?? Do we know it? Why is everyone worried about other people's money. Ya'll broke lmao. There's no cap last I checked. It's raindrops to a river for Ruiz!"

CIS when we stop getting guys and have zero momentum recruiting with any top QBs- "This is why I've been saying this all along. You can't overspend and blow the budget. You can only put so much into a QB. The money isn't endless and the QB room is STACKED. It just wouldn't make sense to go after a big name when we can allocate our budget elsewhere."

Advertisement
Saying we’re “good” at qb doesn’t mean we’re not gonna try and get a really good qb this a cycle. Recruiting 101 says always get a qb.
I don’t see Bama or UGa in the break the bank Rashada/Nico sweepstakes.
If you absolutely have no answer and limited options at the position then by all means go ham.
Nowhere did anyone say we have 3 can’t miss heismans behind tvd.
But we have a solid enough qb room where we ain’t going after bag chasers that have. 30% hit rate just because some other teams have either no other options or are willing to take that risk.
I don’t know what UGA is doing at QB but Bama is in the Arch Manning sweepstakes with Eli Holstein as their backup option. I believe they were also in the Nico sweepstakes before UT reset the market with their offer. They intend to spend at QB this cycle after signing a 5 star last year and top 100 QB the year before.

It's a little bit of everything.
TVD isn't guaranteed to leave. But If he does stay it SIGNIGICANTLY makes getting a 5star Qb this class less important.

Garcia can very well be the heir to the throne. It's in our best interest for him to earn that title, as it would set us up extremely well. Doesn't mean we should or want to let everything ride on him.

Brown is definitely a developmental piece that if he hit would be awesome, but if he doesn't it really isn't a problem. He's the exact type of developmental prospect you take between top guys. At the very least he has a different skill set that is very valuable in the event the starter gets hurt.

So we should absolutely swing for the top Qbs, but it is pretty important to set a budget on Qbs. We need to have a number in mind, and only cross it for a guy that WILL START. That's why I've been saying we shouldn't go all out on a QB this year - specifically because this year is going to be the wild ******* west in Qb valuations. Over time they will likely get more reasonable. If we could lock down a top Qb without breaking the bank, we absolutely should. And btw I'm not saying we shouldn't spend a **** load on a QB, I'm just saying I'd rather spend 90% of the money set aside for Qb on a bonafide stud that WILL start (whether Freshman or Portal), and 10-20% on developmental prospects like Jacurri and Emory Williams, than spending 25% on a Qb yearly...
Which QB is a guaranteed thing ever? This logic would make more sense if 5* meant greatness. CIS tryna budget for UM like yall on payroll lmao. Sign the best guy and hope for the best is the strategy. Rashada could bust and Emory could win the Heisman vice versa. You don't take shortcuts in life or CFB.

I don’t know what UGA is doing at QB but Bama is in the Arch Manning sweepstakes with Eli Holstein as their backup option. I believe they were also in the Nico sweepstakes before UT reset the market with their offer. They intend to spend at QB this cycle after signing a 5 star last year and top 100 QB the year before.
Lmao these ****** so used to being 8-4 they don't realize that you can have more than one good player at a position. I bet Saban not worrying about upsetting his backup QB while he out scouting 👀😭.

Advertisement
The NFL starves for QB’s each year. Look at the jabronies drafted this last draft. Kenny ‘average’ Pickett goes to the Stillers as a feel good story, otherwise no QB goes in the 1st rd.

TVD is a 1st rd talent. Period. So barring some collapse by him in the 2022 season, he’s a goner and good for him.

Miami should load up on a 5 star QB stud for the 23 season and compete against García.

The NFL starves for QB’s each year. Look at the jabronies drafted this last draft. Kenny ‘average’ Pickett goes to the Stillers as a feel good story, otherwise no QB goes in the 1st rd.

TVD is a 1st rd talent. Period. So barring some collapse by him in the 2022 season, he’s a goner and good for him.

Miami should load up on a 5 star QB stud for the 23 season and compete against García.
Rattler was a surefire first rounder before last season too. Feel free not to put all eggs in one basket.

Advertisement
Back