Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Nico & UTK have f’d up the market. What’s crazier; there’s rumors circling among scouts via 247 that Jaden could potentially move into the #1 overall player spot. So what would his value be then? Shame the wrong folks are around him, no doubt looking to capitalize off HIS moment. Smh

Why do you say the "wrong" folks are around him?

Advertisement
They might be cheaper? You also know they won’t transfer again. I’d pay Rashada or Moore but good chance they leave after 1 year on the bench.

Hate to keep playing devils advocate but more assumptions here. I know you said “might be”, so I acknowledge that but as stated by another poster above, schools may be even more desperate and throw the bank at these kids to make sure they can get them. They could transfer twice too. Several examples of QBs transferring twice. Yes, extreme examples and rare, but it does happen. All good discussions though. This will be fun and interesting to watch regardless.

My point for asking that initial question was IMO, there is very little difference. Maybe the college kid has played some mop up time sparingly or has performed well in practice so at least there is SOMETHING to go off of but still a risk either way. Schools are going to pay these QBs. They make this CFB world go ‘round, so it’s just a matter of time. Yes, in a perfect world we snag a grad transfer QB every other cycle who is already established etc but that won’t be easy at all. Every school in America minus a handful will be after that same kid so, yeah lol. Buckle up.

Hate to keep playing devils advocate but more assumptions here. I know you said “might be”, so I acknowledge that but as stated by another poster above, schools may be even more desperate and throw the bank at these kids to make sure they can get them. They could transfer twice too. Several examples of QBs transferring twice. Yes, extreme examples and rare, but it does happen. All good discussions though. This will be fun and interesting to watch regardless.

My point for asking that initial question was IMO, there is very little difference. Maybe the college kid has played some mop up time sparingly or has performed well in practice so at least there is SOMETHING to go off of but still a risk either way. Schools are going to pay these QBs. They make this CFB world go ‘round, so it’s just a matter of time. Yes, in a perfect world we snag a grad transfer QB every other cycle who is already established etc but that won’t be easy at all. Every school in America minus a handful will be after that same kid so, yeah lol. Buckle up.
It comes down to a bird in hand is better than one in the bush. When a coach recruits, character is something that is evaluated, it isn’t an exact science but you want kids that will want to compete. You have to trust your evals and roll the dice that the kid will stick around. To me that seems less risky that relying on the portal.

We did well in the portal this past cycle but we missed plenty. We never addressed our need at RT. We whiffed at a speedy WR as well. The biggest one though was MLB, we didn’t even have a functional Mike on the roster and in the end the guy we got will make us better but we didn’t knock it out of the park.

Why do you say the "wrong" folks are around him?

Advertisement
Once again assumptions being made just how these NIL deals are being structured and assumptions that we will be able to just land a guy in the portal. Also, regarding the Ewers theory, I think there are assumptions being made there as well. The assumption is that somehow a player like him will go for lower. If pro football has taught me anything is that teams are always in the market for a QB and they will over spend just to take a chance on a kid. ****, they reach on drafting them as well, exhibit A being Trubisky and my Bears.

I expect that the competition for Portal QBs in the future will be high and with less margin for error. When you need a portal QB, that means you didn’t develop and now your entire season is on the line and dependent on you signing a capable starter and fast. We just learned the hard way trying to lock down a WR this cycle, it’s just not guaranteed. I think the portal will continue to be a viable option to fill roster holes but I believe that depending on it, especially for a position like QB is playing with fire.
if neither Garcia or brown are ready, and it is likely Rashada won’t be either We will need to go big on a transfer QB next year either way if we want to win now. That is the return on investment portion of my post. If they aren’t cheaper, they are ready.

I’m not advocating for no QB, and I am not operating on the assumption we have a bottomless wallet because we likely don’t. We take a developmental prospect no matter what, we take a portal QB if Garcia is not ready, we focus on reloading with Rashada if Garcia is ready. Or we do all three things if we can afford it.

Nico & UTK have f’d up the market. What’s crazier; there’s rumors circling among scouts via 247 that Jaden could potentially move into the #1 overall player spot. So what would his value be then? Shame the wrong folks are around him, no doubt looking to capitalize off HIS moment. Smh
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I think the amount he's asking for is far more than what most people are thinking it is. I mean.. If Nico is getting 8 million, would it really be that surprising if he's thinking 10 million by early signing day?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. I think the amount he's asking for is far more than what most people are thinking it is. I mean.. If Nico is getting 8 million, would it really be that surprising if he's thinking 10 million by early signing day?

Dude, that figure for an unproven player was wild. It completely f’d up everything. Plus, they’re both from CA! Smh

Advertisement
It’s not that much but it’s still crazy. As of today I’d bet this thing goes down to the wire. We know teams will get very desperate.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched his tape. Is this kid top player good?

Advertisement
What’s the difference in paying a 5* HS QB and paying a former 5* QB sitting 2nd/3rd string at a perennial playoff contender that hasn’t played a lick so we don’t know if he can or can’t really play either?

Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields. Recognize those are rare opportunities. But even in this portal season, Dillon Gabriel is a much better use of NIL funds than any 5 star HS kid IMHO. And he was up for grabs.

It's possible. Suppose they've allocated $5M in NIL spend for the team. They could devote $3M to Rashada, then divide up the other $2M in inducements to the 84 players.

I suspect a number of programs - and not the usual suspects - will try to make a splash by throwing most of their resources at getting a highly ranked quarterback.

CFB's operating model - indeed that of all sports - is generally derived around selling hope. And what better way to sell hope than to land a 4 or 5 star quarterback?
UF spent as much or more than anyone when Meyer was here. The last three coaches just rubbed bull gators wrong and the spending subsided. That said people are crazy if they don’t think they’ll eventually have something figured out Nil wise down the road.

Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts, Justin Fields. Recognize those are rare opportunities. But even in this portal season, Dillon Gabriel is a much better use of NIL funds than any 5 star HS kid IMHO. And he was up for grabs.

Justin Fields, yes.

The other 2 were record setting college QBs at their first stop ie well established & proven. They don’t really fall under the umbrella for the point I was trying to make.
I feel you on Gabriel. Obviously we didn’t need that this cycle but yes, players like him will only become more high demand as this all continues.

Advertisement
It’s not that much but it’s still crazy. As of today I’d bet this thing goes down to the wire. We know teams will get very desperate.
I pulled this off the gaytor board and posted it in Gator Tears. This poster is a long-standing respected poster there with Cali coaching connections. Coupled with the other things said by others who have had reliable information previously, I have no doubt this won’t be done until it’s really done.

7325C3CC-3E4C-4654-893C-DA7E5D5B8B43.jpeg

I haven’t watched his tape. Is this kid top player good?

Nico & Jaden were my two favorite QBs this cycle & no, it’s not b/c I was Cali biased. Lol

Both have ideal frames w/ height & room to grow. Nico is playing at a FB powerhouse, but prior to, he played at Warren, which is not a traditional power, & almost led them to an undefeated season, but lost a shoot out to Corona Del Mar in the playoffs. 33 TDs - 1 int

Jaden is apart of that section of Bay Area football that have produced some legendary players, bro. The 925 produces talent, folk. He makes allllllll the throws, & he’s been killing it on the 7-on-7 circuit. He led Pittsburg to a 9-3 record & was a game away from the State Title. It’s why he’s being talked about becoming the #1 overall player.

Both r good athletes, that “can” run, but choose to pass 1st. It’s just crazy that CA is home of 3 of the top 5 QBs in the nation. SC was smart to lock up Malachi ASAP. Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back