Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Your point overall is very good but Garcia was a top 100 overall prospect in the country, better than just mid IMO.
I more so meant ratings wise, I thought I remembered Jake being rated somewhere in the .95 ish range but I just checked and it looks like he was a .97 at final rankings so you're right he was a high 4*.

Advertisement
Heres the thing: No QB will play here in the next 2-3 years. TVD will stay for one more year and head to the NFL if he plays even close to the level he played at last year. Garcia will then take over and he will play two seasons minimum unless he explodes onto the scene and smashes records asap.

The QB that we will recruit will compete with Jacurri Brown for the starting job in about three years unless Garcia collapses.

We took a project at QB last year.

Rashada's best case scenario at Miami is starting his 2nd year ('24), which is as good of a scenario as he's gonna get at any big time school. That's assuming Garcia leaves after 2 years of backing up ('21-'22) and one year of starting ('23) and Rashada can beat out a project 4* in Jacurri Brown after 2 years of sitting ('22-'23). They'll have a fair competition in spring of '24 when Rashada could either beat out Brown or transfer afterwards if he doesn't. Very unlikely Rashada starts anywhere decent in '23.

Heres the thing: No QB will play here in the next 2-3 years. TVD will stay for one more year and head to the NFL if he plays even close to the level he played at last year. Garcia will then take over and he will play two seasons minimum unless he explodes onto the scene and smashes records asap.

The QB that we will recruit will compete with Jacurri Brown for the starting job in about three years unless Garcia collapses.
I like Garcia just as much as the next guy but this is a very bold statement. We have a tendency of hyping up our players before really seeing them play. Not saying he's going to disappoint but let's pump the brakes on declaring that the QB position is set in stone throughout the 2025 season.

I do hear what you're saying though. Definitely feel really good about the current state of the room and the transfer portal provides a safety net that never existed before in the event that Garcia and Brown don't pan out.

And with that, I wouldn't be totally against reallocating whatever funds we had set aside for Rashada to someone like Cormani, Anthony Hill, or Nyckoles Harbor. IMO those are 3 guys that could come in and be impact players as TF.

We were very lucky to get Brown last year. Yes he’s a project but has openly spoke that he embraces the competition and is focused on bettering himself First and foremost. I believe those days are over for elite 11 type talents if this continues on the trajectory it is on now. We got lucky.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was skeptical at first, too. But watch his film. That boy ain’t no Gray Crow or Preston Dewey type.
His tape looks good but I remember everyone fawning over Dewey in a similar manner. It’s early for Emory and as stated, I trust the staff, they have earned that trust, but I’ll be damned if I didn’t say that I’ve seen this movie before.

Derrick Smith is in the portal again and that brought back fond memories of how underrated he was and how physically he needed refinement but had elite traits.

Let’s see how this plays out but either way while I like our QB room, it just isn’t as loaded as our fans make it out to be and with Mario’s first class we need a statement at the position. Maybe this kid does blow up, I hope he does. We need it. If this kid commits soon, and doesn’t blow up, the negative recruiting will pick up and we will find that it is even harder to lock down this strong WR class than it already is.

I like Garcia just as much as the next guy but this is a very bold statement. We have a tendency of hyping up our players before really seeing them play. Not saying he's going to disappoint but let's pump the brakes on declaring that the QB position is set in stone throughout the 2025 season
I kept the possibility of him collapsing open but there has been no indication of him doing so.

Advertisement
I want to spend big dough on DL.

I’m sorry I want the MONSTARS up front. Give me a DL full of future 1st round picks….

Give me the college Joey Bosa, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, and Myles Garrett

And see how many teams would beat this U.
We watched Stetson Bennett win a Natty. I agree if we can get 3 or 4 first rounders on DL they can recruit you and me to play QB. But if they can't sign some goons gimme a dog at QB.

We watched Stetson Bennett win a Natty. I agree if we can get 3 or 4 first rounders on DL they can recruit you and me to play QB. But if they can't sign some goons gimme a dog at QB.
Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

Advertisement
We watched Stetson Bennett win a Natty. I agree if we can get 3 or 4 first rounders on DL they can recruit you and me to play QB. But if they can't gimme a doh at QB.

Yeah bruh. I want some DAWGS on the DL with this NIL.

I’m a defensive guy anyway. My favorite side of the ball.

I miss when we had KILLAS on defense. Yeah we had a few guys the last few years but we still haven’t seen our killas play together.

Rousseau, Phillips, Norton, Willis,

. Guarantee we winning 10 regardless of what the offense did. We need them gs to come byke.

Advertisement

People are saying Rashada wouldn’t want to come here because of the comp in front of him. In reality he’s got Jake Garcia who was a mid 4 star and Jacurri who was a low 4 star presumably “in front of him”. Meanwhile our main comp for him appears to be Bama, A&M, and Oregon. Bama has high 4 star Milroe and 5 Star Thompson in front of him, A&M also has a 5* in front of him, and Oregon just signed a borderline 5* last class as well. I love our QB room as much as the next guy but we’re not exactly stacked beyond comprehension to where a guy sees the room and is like oh no way I’ll ever start there. All of his top suitors have high ranked prospects ahead of him. If we miss out him, it feels like it will be because we’re not going to just throw money at him. Well offer a fair NIL deal and if he goes elsewhere, 🤷🏼‍♂️
Jake was not a mid 4 star.. he was only 8 spots below what you’re calling a “borderline 5*” for Oregon.

Advertisement
Back