Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Just from a throwing mechanic perspective from the QBs I’ve seen the last few years, these kids are developing faster way earlier. Xs n Os aside there’s gonna be alot more QBs that are ready to play at a high level in the NFL early in their career.

Advertisement
I don’t think an elite QB is going to want to commit to Miami this class bc he may have to wait 2-3 years to play.

Agree. NIL or not, these kids are being offered chances to compete for a starting job year 1 AND getting a hefty NIL package. Hard to compete with that for Miami. Has there been a kid offered a lucrative NIL deal only to sit for 2 years? You've had a few that sit for one year (BY, Ewers) but not for 2 IIRC.

Advertisement
I don’t think an elite QB is going to want to commit to Miami this class bc he may have to wait 2-3 years to play.

Bruh.....how long you been following this stuff, and how many times we gotta go through this?

Texas A&M signed the #22 ranked overall player in the country in the class of 2022. #2 QB. 5-star player named Connor Weigman. **** near every elite program is signing an elite QB every class. If you're the best of the best, and you wanna play for the best of the best, you're gonna have to compete. It's that simple. And we've been having this discussion for 10 years now.

Trust me, if you're a kid as talented as Rashada, Jacurri Brown isn't even on your radar. Now, Brown might have something to say about that if/when you show up. But there is a 0.0% chance that Rashada is sitting down with his family and saying, "****, I really wanna go to Miami, but I might have to sit for 2-3 years because of Jacurri Brown." Absolutely none. So anywhere he goes, he's going to have to beat out a good player (on paper) if he wants to play right away. It's the nature of the beast in today's landscape.

I would say the gap for parity and fairness went mostly out of balance at the beginning of the BCS era. It's not been this bad where it's 4-5 teams. There was more parity when I began watching in the late 70's. I don't have all the answers, but it does seem like the direction things are going is only creating a bigger gap of parity between all the programs. The product as a whole becomes less enjoyable to watch if the outcome is for the most part determined.
If that happens you will still have the same hacks on ESPN talking about how good the coaches of those same schools are, when all it comes down to is spending the most. Give Cam Cameron twenty five first round draft choices a year with no salary cap and he would have the Dolphins perennially in the Super Bowl.

Bruh.....how long you been following this stuff, and how many times we gotta go through this?

Texas A&M signed the #22 ranked overall player in the country in the class of 2022. #2 QB. 5-star player named Connor Weigman. **** near every elite program is signing an elite QB every class. If you're the best of the best, and you wanna play for the best of the best, you're gonna have to compete. It's that simple. And we've been having this discussion for 10 years now.

Trust me, if you're a kid as talented as Rashada, Jacurri Brown isn't even on your radar. Now, Brown might have something to say about that if/when you show up. But there is a 0.0% chance that Rashada is sitting down with his family and saying, "****, I really wanna go to Miami, but I might have to sit for 2-3 years because of Jacurri Brown." Absolutely none. So anywhere he goes, he's going to have to beat out a good player (on paper) if he wants to play right away. It's the nature of the beast in today's landscape.
That’s exactly right. It’s how A&M ended up with so many defensive linemen…Stewart and the others ALL think that they are going to be starting.

Yes, every top program (with some exception) has highly rated kids in the QB room. Miami is a little different bc we have a sure fire starter followed by a guy that almost beat him out last year. That's very different than ATM which has 2 highly unproven guys. But, yes, your point remains.

Advertisement
I think Miami’s staff feels this way too. I don’t see us spending higher than $1M on a high school qb. That probably takes us out of it for Rashada. I’m all for kids getting their due, but in an era with no NIL he’s a Cane.
I don’t know about the last comment. Miami is was bought out for kids left and right. Now we can play the field a bit. Just my opinion

Yes, every top program (with some exception) has highly rated kids in the QB room. Miami is a little different bc we have a sure fire starter followed by a guy that almost beat him out last year. That's very different than ATM which has 2 highly unproven guys. But, yes, your point remains.

The sure fire starter isn't relevant to Rashada. TVD will be gone in 2023, when Rashada arrives. So he has Jake and Jacurri to deal with. Jake will be draft eligible after the 2023 season, so again, Rashada only has Jacurri to "worry about".

If Jake is elite, aka Rashada can't beat him out, then he's gone to the league. And if he's not good enough to go after 2023, then Rashada shouldn't be scared of him.

Advertisement
I disagree.

Garcia is the starter in '23 most likely.

Then if he leaves it'll be an open competition between our '23 signee and Jacurri.

I don't know the other QB situations but I would hope that a guarantee to compete after sitting for one year would be a good enough situation for him. Do these guys really want to and expect to start and compete as true freshman in big time college football? That's a huge leap from any high school football.

Advertisement
If that happens you will still have the same hacks on ESPN talking about how good the coaches of those same schools are, when all it comes down to is spending the most. Give Cam Cameron twenty five first round draft choices a year with no salary cap and he would have the Dolphins perennially in the Super Bowl.

No argument there. The current structure of the NIL is not good for the health of the sport. Less teams over time will be able to keep up financially and remain competitive. Outcomes of games will be foregone conclusions. Fans interest in watching a product of that nature dwindles to where the whole system collapses. Which that eventually means loss of money for everyone involved. There is a reason professional sports have salary caps.

𝔸 𝕓𝕚𝕘 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙 𝕓𝕒𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕞 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕

No argument there. The current structure of the NIL is not good for the health of the sport. Less teams over time will be able to keep up financially and remain competitive. Outcomes of games will be foregone conclusions. Fans interest in watching a product of that nature dwindles to where the whole system collapses. Which that eventually means loss of money for everyone involved. There is a reason professional sports have salary caps.

Have you been watching the Bama era of CFB???

This has been happening and trending since waaaayyy before NIL. It will continue to evolve, and yes, probably fracture. But that's been in the works for YEARS. Just look at the trending to super conferences over the past few years.

Have you been watching the Bama era of CFB???

This has been happening and trending since waaaayyy before NIL. It will continue to evolve, and yes, probably fracture. But that's been in the works for YEARS. Just look at the trending to super conferences over the past few years.

I'm not arguing that the current system was the answer. I've been watching since the late 70's and the sport has really went downhill the moment they introduced the BCS and big money got involved. Like all things it touches money and greed corrupts. The SEC was the first to really dump large amounts of money into their programs, infrastructure, and under the table payments to athletes. Then other conferences started following suit. The NCAA really screwed the pooch standing still, altering rules, and not creating opportunities for athletes to make extra money to help maintain a level playing field. In addition, the NCAA also further screwed up the product by selectively enforcing infractions of breaking the rules and not investigating teams that were pretty obviously not following the rules.

However, as I mentioned previously the current state of the NIL is not the answer either.

Advertisement
Back