Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
A school like Miami can get a high ranked kid after they sit a year pretty easily with the way the portal works now. Not overly concerned one way or the other actually. The way the portal works, I’d rather my 5 stars see the field day 1 if possible.
The most important position On the team. If a stud pops into the portal your gonna have to compete again with the same schools that bagged the 5 star you were after the year before.
You have to lock these kids from the jump and then let them jump in the portal if they don’t pan out.

Look at Addison and the Louisville kid. Bama and looks like usc for Addison. And that’s a **** receiver.

Imagine if a dude like picket jumps in the portal. However, hoping that a talent like picket is out there and gonna jump into the portal isn’t a good strategy imo. It also doesn’t help recruit other kids.
Maybe that’s why we don’t have receivers commiting despite having a **** boat load of them within an hr from campus.
Getting rashada locked up changes a lot things and it’s the reason that a qb should be one of the first dudes committed.
Don’t expect to land 5 star receivers by telling them your looking for someone from the portal to throw them the ball.

Luckily we have an outstanding qb room. For now and that’s why some dudes may look at our team and be questioning if they want to come

The most important position On the team. If a stud pops into the portal your gonna have to compete again with the same schools that bagged the 5 star you were after the year before.
You have to lock these kids from the jump and then let them jump in the portal if they don’t pan out.

Look at Addison and the Louisville kid. Bama and looks like usc for Addison. And that’s a **** receiver.

Imagine if a dude like picket jumps in the portal. However, hoping that a talent like picket is out there and gonna jump into the portal isn’t a good strategy imo. It also doesn’t help recruit other kids.
Maybe that’s why we don’t have receivers commiting despite having a **** boat load of them within an hr from campus.
Getting rashada locked up changes a lot things and it’s the reason that a qb should be one of the first dudes committed.
Don’t expect to land 5 star receivers by telling them your looking for someone from the portal to throw them the ball.

Luckily we have an outstanding qb room. For now and that’s why some dudes may look at our team and be questioning if they want to come
Did you see how many 4 and 5 star QBs hit the portal this year? That number will go way up next year with NIL becoming so prevalent. Spend that huge money on positions where you get the recruit on the field this year. I’d rather spend 1 million on an End, CB or LB who will play and be less likely to dip after a year.

Advertisement
Did you see how many 4 and 5 star QBs hit the portal this year? That number will go way up next year with NIL becoming so prevalent. Spend that huge money on positions where you get the recruit on the field this year. I’d rather spend 1 million on an End, CB or LB who will play and be less likely to dip after a year.
How many were worth a ****? Caleb would be one and he followed his old coach. The portal QB will be an option but it’s a gamble.

Are they all game changers? Can they lead your team to a playoff?
I’m just focused on Rashada right now. That dude just looks different and hoping someone like him jumps in the portal after a frontrunner nabs him is wishful thinking.
But I’ll be honest, idk **** about evaluations. But rashada just looks
Like a beast to me.

How many were worth a ****? Caleb would be one and he followed his old coach. The portal QB will be an option but it’s a gamble.
Actually a lot. Off the top of my head besides Caleb: Rattler, Slovis, Gabriel, Ewers, JT Daniels, Dart at minimum all fit the mold of what I am talking about. That number will only go up.

Advertisement
Are they all game changers? Can they lead your team to a playoff?
I’m just focused on Rashada right now. That dude just looks different and hoping someone like him jumps in the portal after a frontrunner nabs him is wishful thinking.
But I’ll be honest, idk **** about evaluations. But rashada just looks
Like a beast to me.
Probably 5-10 guys at minim similar to Rashada. Could be Rashada himself after he sits a year.

Would they take two QBs? Or is he just the backup plan right now?
I wouldn’t even say he’s the backup plan. When you are texted ‘Emory Williams is our guy’ and ‘We aren’t in Jaden’s top 3 rn’ by someone who talks to the recruiting staff daily when you ask about where we stand with Rashada, that pretty much puts it into perspective. The reason should be evident by the schools Jaden is talking up. Obviously if he OVs here then things can change but that conversation happened today so that’s all I can go off of. Staff ******* loves the kid.

I wouldn’t even say he’s the backup plan. When you are texted ‘Emory Williams is our guy’ and ‘We aren’t in Jaden’s top 3 rn’ by someone who talks to the recruiting staff daily when you ask about where we stand with Rashada, that pretty much puts it into perspective. The reason should be evident by the schools Jaden is talking up. Obviously if he OVs here then things can change but that conversation happened today so that’s all I can go off of. Staff ******* loves the kid.
That would be an OPTICAL failure if Emory is our guy. We can hope that the kid blows up and even if he doesn’t, who knows, he could very well be a diamond in the rough and end up the best of bunch we are recruiting. Still, optically this would not look good. If our rivals have a Canes Tears on their board, that topic would be front and center.

Lot of good points. I also wonder how long a lot of these boosters are going to stay the course if their teams are not good or they realize a lot of players bust. Right now there is a lot of exuberance. You don't see Dr. Pepper running out to give another deal after what they thought was a sure-fire star flopped. And you haven't seen too many other national campaigns do that other than kitschy situations (i.e. Kool Aid with McKinstry and others like that). So you're already seeing the public companies with professional marketing departments and financial analysts pulling back less than a year in.

Using TN as the example for more local boosters. What if Heupel sucks at TN. What if they realize they messed up and put too much in one basket, and didn't have enough for the other 21 positions? How about when they have to do this year after year and guys are continually transferring or threatening to if they do not get more money? I think the next couple of seasons will be interesting as people think through how and whether and to what extent all of this makes sense. Of course our coach being related to one of our NIL boosters through marriage and having known another couple of massive sources since at least high school can't be a bad thing for us. But on a macro level, it does not seem or feel sustainable, but from a variety of sides.
Good points. The booster budget is not unlimited. So even if there is not a salary cap, there basically is one. Let’s say LSU blows out the bank and pays Manning $30M himself (!)...they’re not going to be able to pay absurdly above market rates for the other 24 kids in their class.

Advertisement
Actually a lot. Off the top of my head besides Caleb: Rattler, Slovis, Gabriel, Ewers, JT Daniels, Dart at minimum all fit the mold of what I am talking about. That number will only go up.
Off that list, Caleb is the only proven commodity. Ewers was a strange one but a big talent. The rest out right failed at their previous stop. JT Daniels, did you say JT Daniels?

Off that list, Caleb is the only proven commodity. Ewers was a strange one but a big talent. The rest out right failed at their previous stop. JT Daniels, did you say JT Daniels?
Rashada isn’t a proven commodity either. That is the point. They are all high upside, highly recruited guys.

Rashada isn’t a proven commodity either. That is the point. They are all high upside, highly recruited guys.
No, the other guys outside of Ewers and Celeb were proven to not be that good. You know they are busts. The only similar one on that list is Ewers, with Celeb being a proven commodity.

Advertisement
𝐼𝑠 𝑅𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑎 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘

Advertisement
Back