Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Let me try and grasp the argument - someone has to try and legislate "fairness" or, at the least, parity, into something that has been wantonly unfair for over a century?

How? Why? Who?

The issue, such that there is one, hasn't really changed since NIL/free transfer has begun. It's always been the same **** teams at the top (minus the few outliers I mentioned in my last post). Money is all that really matters. The teams that spend the most (on coaches, on recruiting, on facilities, on players) are going to win - sorry West Virginia and Texas Tech and... Nothing has changed (or will, imo).

I am just happy that, in addition to our happy circumstance w/r/t location, we now have a billionaire benefactor (or 3) that seem to be willing to help us spend on par with the diploma mills. That's not a bad thing.

I would say the gap for parity and fairness went mostly out of balance at the beginning of the BCS era. It's not been this bad where it's 4-5 teams. There was more parity when I began watching in the late 70's. I don't have all the answers, but it does seem like the direction things are going is only creating a bigger gap of parity between all the programs. The product as a whole becomes less enjoyable to watch if the outcome is for the most part determined.

Advertisement
I would say the gap for parity and fairness went mostly out of balance at the beginning of the BCS era. It's not been this bad where it's 4-5 teams. There was more parity when I began watching in the late 70's. I don't have all the answers, but it does seem like the direction things are going is only creating a bigger gap of parity between all the programs. The product as a whole becomes less enjoyable to watch if the outcome is for the most part determined.
Well, I was 5 or 6 years old when the first BCS game was played, so I guess that explains the differences in opinion, Boomer (I kid).

That BYU won a national title in 1984 (beating only 1 ranked team all season) means that there was more parity and the product was therefore "better?" Again, I wasn't alive, so I guess I'll have to defer on that.

When you look at the top 10 final AP rankings from those late 70's - early 90's seasons, it's pretty much a rehash of all the usual suspects - Oklahoma, Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama, Penn State (later on FL/FLST), then the weird private schools (USC, Notre Dame, Miami), the odd BYU, Washington or GT... and that's it. So, if by parity you mean 10 or 11 teams with a realistic shot to win a title (as opposed to 4 or 5), then yeah, I guess there was more parity in the pre-BCS days, but not much more.

With respect to your last point -

1651006914592.png

I, for one, am capable of realizing that Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State (currently) are in a class of their own (kind of like Miami, Oklahoma and Penn St were in the mid 80s, but I digress) and enjoying some Tuesday Night MACtion between Eastern Michigan and Buffalo. I realize that I may be in the minority with that opinion, but I just enjoy watching all types of college football (I'm also a degenerate gambler, and you can make a lot of money on MAC games late in the season).

PS - For the thread police out there - mea culpa mea culpa. Honestly, I forgot what thread this is even in, so I'm sure I'm contributing to some sort of derailment.

Advertisement
I can't speak for the others. It's not so much that the money is coming from me directly. However, that I'm not exactly sure of with State schools being funded some by the tax payers. For me the concern comes with health of the sport overall. If you think the uncontrolled spending for unproven high school kids that haven't set foot on campus is a smart move or good for the sport than I'm not sure we'll be able to come to common ground. It's great that Miami has the resources at the current time to possibly compete. What happens if those resources dry up? Would you be singing the same tune if we were one of the mid tier programs settling for left overs? This wild wild west approach to the NIL is not good for the game and out of control.
Im not understanding you guys that keep saying this is going to ruin the sport . As if the bag game hasn’t existed for atleast 30 years .

Unproven kids have been getting money for years , sht is just public now… I think it’s time to realize that these boosters throwing money around just don’t look at money like we do . It’s nothing for them to throw $500k for their favorite school to get a player . It’s nothing . I think people are getting caught up in amounts of these contracts without realizing these companies and rich people spend thousands like we spend dollars .

Advertisement
Really Jackson Arnold? I saw his game in the state championship as was far from impressed.
He threw for 3,921yds 34TD’s & 5INT’s passing with 659yds & 12TD’s rushing.

Guyer only lost 2 games all season & the Championship game against Westlake they were just overmatched. Westlake is far more well polished machine than Guyer, but that was literally the only game he had less than 300 yards.

One game doesn’t make or break a player, a HS Junior no less lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nope. Kyle Wright to Miami.

I still remember how I couldn't wait to see him battle it out with Leak at the AA game. It was apparent as **** that day that UF got a good one and to say Wright was unimpressive would be an understatement. It was still dumb as **** the QB rotation Wright's side had, I forget who their coach was, but **** he didn't look anywhere near the ranking he had.

No hate here, he did what he could and was still a good ambassador for this school the last I heard. Hope he's still doing well.

This. I deleted a post about this yesterday. There’s golden canes / booster who are heavily involved they just choose to remain silent. These people are just happy to know where their money is going and there’s an actual plan. They arent being ignored like they were previously.

This part absolutely cannot be overlooked.

I screamed about Beta Blake for years, and had to fight through a bunch of "But the IPF, tho" bros...

Advertisement
Back