Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
They converted one of their QBs to a WR this off-season. If KJ Jefferson transfers or goes pro after this season they will only have one scholarship QB. I think they would take two QBs

Yeah, but it's stupid for a school to take 2 highly-recruited HS kids in the same year. If they need 2, go out and pull one from the Portal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ya’ll know there’s even bigger competition for Moore (Mich, ND, MSU, LSU) and he will have a market $$ as well, right?

It aint like we can just say oh lets just get Moore like he will be a lay up. Landing a top tier QB isn’t easy. Fortunately our staff isn’t willing to just give up on Rashada like some of you would.

I wouldn’t waste one million or anything close to that for a QB. A lot of them hit the portal every year. Use that money for the trenches
I think it’s going to take a couple of years for the market to correct itself. A lot of these big money 5 star QBs will be busts.

Shoot most first round QBs are busts so imagine trying to project high school to college.

Advertisement
Market for QBs is only going to go up bust or not because when one hits you can’t put a price on the impact they will have on your program

Point blank, this young man isn't waiting behind our current group of QB's to play.

So could he beat them out, I doubt both assuming TVD is gone.

I wouldn't offer a ton, no way, not with the guys we've got ahead of him and how quick kids are to hit the portal these days.

This NIL stuff is ****. Sure there was money before, but it's gone bonkers with it being out in the open. I'm not even that crazy about any of the QB's this year if I'm being honest. Realistic options that is, that would stick around and wait their turn if they can't beat out those ahead.

Anthony Brown was absolutely horrendous...

His passing #’s were 2,989yds 18TD’s & 7INT’s which is very pedestrian for a P5 QB.

He only had one 300 yard passing game in the regular season, the other was in the blowout Bowl game coming from behind against Oklahoma, the rest of the games in the season he had less than 250 yds in 10 out of 14 games, that’s really really horrible.

And aside from just looking at stats in vacuum, anybody that watched Oregon play could see that he was not a good QB by any stretch of the imagination. They went 10-2 in the regular season because the Pac-12 was easily by far the worst & weakest P5 conference in college football & because they had a stacked enough roster around him to where all he had to do was not lose games & they could manage to run the ball & control the clock enough to get wins. But as soon as he was forced to do more than hand the ball off & make a few runs, they got exposed pretty bad.

Your overarching point, is that we should never have to worry about QB selection due to Mario & Mr. Dynasty’s point was that’s not entirely concrete due to him starting Ant Brown & that’s true. Mario has never been much of a top tier QB selector, his strong suite has always been OL’s, RB’s & TE’s, but your point about Miami being a destination for Portal QB’s is absolutely true, we’ll always be able to attract good QB’s here via the Portal.

I mean... Oregon played with Boston College's back up QB last year. Why is anyone surprised he was mediocre on his best day?

It'll be interesting to see how the QB NIL deals play out the next year or two for recruiting.

Personally I think NEXT year is the year we have to offer $2m+/yr for a 5star Qb, not this year. I think TVD > Garcia is a perfectly acceptable succession plan. So you bring in a 5star Qb to backup Garcia next year, and then see how things play out in 2023.

Getting a top Qb this year imo isn't the most neccessary.

I think we're definitely going to have to be strategic in how we attack QB. I mean if we are going to be spending $2-4M on Qbs yearly, might as well just spend it all on 1-2 guys. Get a top 2 qb by outbidding everyone. Expect him to start 2 years. Drop another Bag on a top 2 Qb two years later... rinse repeat.. if The Qb doesn't pan out then you go Portal for the 1 yr replacement.

Advertisement
Back