Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

they should finish much higher than 9th or 10th this season. Sam Pittman is their version of Mario. Loves Arkansas and fits the culture. Great o-line coach and an overall good dude. They are getting their NIL packages all lined up and already have a pretty good early recruiting class for 23. JB Hunt is funding a lot for them right now. We’ll see where Rashada ends up but Arkansas is definitely a player to monitor.

Well, Arkansas, Pittman and Briles had the worst non-Vanderbilt recruiting class in the SEC last year, and that's with a stable staff. Not exaggerating. 13th out of 14. And I mean, Vandy doesn't really count, so they came in last in my mind. That's going to really hurt them these next few years. You think there is a version of this world where Mario Cristobal comes in even in the bottom half of any conference in America? ****, Mario at Vanderbilt would have beat Pittman at Ark.

This year they have zero 5-stars and four 4-stars committed, and seven 3-stars so far. It's ok I guess, its a 4:7 bluechip ratio which isn't exactly going to light the world on fire.

Advertisement
It'll be interesting to see how the QB NIL deals play out the next year or two for recruiting.

Personally I think NEXT year is the year we have to offer $2m+/yr for a 5star Qb, not this year. I think TVD > Garcia is a perfectly acceptable succession plan. So you bring in a 5star Qb to backup Garcia next year, and then see how things play out in 2023.

Getting a top Qb this year imo isn't the most neccessary.

I think we're definitely going to have to be strategic in how we attack QB. I mean if we are going to be spending $2-4M on Qbs yearly, might as well just spend it all on 1-2 guys. Get a top 2 qb by outbidding everyone. Expect him to start 2 years. Drop another Bag on a top 2 Qb two years later... rinse repeat.. if The Qb doesn't pan out then you go Portal for the 1 yr replacement.

@DMoney wrote in his "Next Steps" thread that the Billionaire's Club is still thinking through where to invest their NIL money and they might lean towards the other pieces on the chess board until things shake out with the QBs who are clearly being bid up to ridiculous levels right now.

Given Garcia and Brown waiting in the wings, I think this year is the perfect moment to find a Stephen Morris type -- ****, a TVD type -- who may not be ready day one, but has tons of upside and can be developed into a QB1. That kid won't command millions of NIL budget and will be thankful they're learning behind other top level QBs.

Listen man. Any player especially qb has to understand that even if he doesn’t walk into a stacked room a staff can still take a transfer or another 5 star.
Let’s say tamu has a really good season and some a starter somewhere else transfers. Now what?
Or how about some Trevor Lawrence dude signs a huge deal as well and everyone and their mama says he’s better than rashada. Now rashada has to share reps with some new dude and maybe have his spot taken.
The past few years have been cut throat for qb’s. From uga with JT Daniels
losing his spot to a walk on to Burrow walking into Lsu.
The qb room promises nothing even if it’s stacked or empty

Last edited:
@DMoney wrote in his "Next Steps" thread that the Billionaire's Club is still thinking through where to invest their NIL money and they might lean towards the other pieces on the chess board until things shake out with the QBs who are clearly being bid up to ridiculous levels right now.

Given Garcia and Brown waiting in the wings, I think this year is the perfect moment to find a Stephen Morris type -- ****, a TVD type -- who may not be ready day one, but has tons of upside and can be developed into a QB1. That kid won't command millions of NIL budget and will be thankful they're learning behind other top level QBs.
Yeah the thing is clearly IF the Qb pans out they are EASILY worth $2M+/yr imo. The problem with spending that on just anybody is Qb is the hardest position to hit on AND any Qb that would command that type of money would 100% expect to start within 2 years. So that + we seem to be pretty solid right now at the position for 2023 and potentially 2024 if Garcia stays or if Jacurri progresses, and it just makes that $2M/yr on a top Qb kinda a waste when you could have gotten like 6 other 5stars for that money.... It also just makes more sense to spend the extra money to get the TOP guy when we are going to be going for a QB. Either go big or kick the can down the road another year imo. And anytime we miss we can go all out for the best portal Qb option.

Obviously if we can get either of the top Qbs for a reasonable deal, it makes sense to do it. but Spending $1M/yr on a guy that may transfer after a year or two if Garcia were to win the starting job would be bad.

I’m perfectly fine with more evenly distributing NIL to big time positions like DE, CB, OT and WR than lump it all at QB for the time being. Our QB room is more than solid at this point so maybe we should let the QB market mellow out for a bit

Advertisement
Advertisement
It'll be interesting to see how the QB NIL deals play out the next year or two for recruiting.

Personally I think NEXT year is the year we have to offer $2m+/yr for a 5star Qb, not this year. I think TVD > Garcia is a perfectly acceptable succession plan. So you bring in a 5star Qb to backup Garcia next year, and then see how things play out in 2023.

Getting a top Qb this year imo isn't the most neccessary.

I think we're definitely going to have to be strategic in how we attack QB. I mean if we are going to be spending $2-4M on Qbs yearly, might as well just spend it all on 1-2 guys. Get a top 2 qb by outbidding everyone. Expect him to start 2 years. Drop another Bag on a top 2 Qb two years later... rinse repeat.. if The Qb doesn't pan out then you go Portal for the 1 yr replacement.
Agree.... I would put all our NIL money into the other position 5star studs in this class... Go big next year for a QB....

NIL is just stupid imo. What happened to the kid getting paid to add value to a non-on field football product? Endorsements of car dealerships, Dr, Pepper, etc. This has turned into a legal way to pay for play and is just ridiculous. I think that kids can take their eye off of the goal of getting to the league and will be going to what place negotiates the best NIL deal regardless if they are a good fit for the offense/team.

I will be interested to see the data about NIL deal size relative to draft position or even to NFL success. Others have pointed out that this is the hardest position to hit on and I would agree. There will be plenty of talented guys that slip through the cracks and end up backups or at random places that will be successful in the NFL but not get paid in college. And there will be plenty of Johnny Manzels that get caught up in the hype and burn out because they weren’t focused on their craft but on all of the noise and hype.l and money.

I like where we stand at the moment with the two guys that we have for the future. Once TVD moves on, we’ve got Garcia for a year or two depending upon how he does and how he is compensated for what he does in his year 1. We seemingly have a good back stop in Jacurri as well that will hopefully work on his craft and stick around as long as he is being fed and able to live a decent enough college lifestyle through NIL.

I think that these deals for top QB talents are going to hurt more than they help in that either a kid isn’t as good as they were evaluated to be and thus not worth the cost or they use the funds for things that get them in trouble or become mini ABs and cause trouble. This is going to back fire at some point and then it will be difficult to put the milk back in the cow. Face it, college football as we once knew it has been ruined and it will never be again. I just want to see annual top 10 performances by our Canes and an occasional championship.

Advertisement
Anthony Brown was absolutely horrendous...

His passing #’s were 2,989yds 18TD’s & 7INT’s which is very pedestrian for a P5 QB.

He only had one 300 yard passing game in the regular season, the other was in the blowout Bowl game coming from behind against Oklahoma, the rest of the games in the season he had less than 250 yds in 10 out of 14 games, that’s really really horrible.

And aside from just looking at stats in vacuum, anybody that watched Oregon play could see that he was not a good QB by any stretch of the imagination. They went 10-2 in the regular season because the Pac-12 was easily by far the worst & weakest P5 conference in college football & because they had a stacked enough roster around him to where all he had to do was not lose games & they could manage to run the ball & control the clock enough to get wins. But as soon as he was forced to do more than hand the ball off & make a few runs, they got exposed pretty bad.

Your overarching point, is that we should never have to worry about QB selection due to Mario & Mr. Dynasty’s point was that’s not entirely concrete due to him starting Ant Brown & that’s true. Mario has never been much of a top tier QB selector, his strong suite has always been OL’s, RB’s & TE’s, but your point about Miami being a destination for Portal QB’s is absolutely true, we’ll always be able to attract good QB’s here via the Portal.

Amazingly, for as bad as Brown was, Herbert only had 600-700 more yards than Brown. I don't know if that's good or bad but it is interesting.lol

72A8F2B9-5B24-496F-98FB-FB86C55DAAEF.jpeg

Advertisement
NIL is just stupid imo. What happened to the kid getting paid to add value to a non-on field football product? Endorsements of car dealerships, Dr, Pepper, etc. This has turned into a legal way to pay for play and is just ridiculous. I think that kids can take their eye off of the goal of getting to the league and will be going to what place negotiates the best NIL deal regardless if they are a good fit for the offense/team.

I will be interested to see the data about NIL deal size relative to draft position or even to NFL success. Others have pointed out that this is the hardest position to hit on and I would agree. There will be plenty of talented guys that slip through the cracks and end up backups or at random places that will be successful in the NFL but not get paid in college. And there will be plenty of Johnny Manzels that get caught up in the hype and burn out because they weren’t focused on their craft but on all of the noise and hype.l and money.

I like where we stand at the moment with the two guys that we have for the future. Once TVD moves on, we’ve got Garcia for a year or two depending upon how he does and how he is compensated for what he does in his year 1. We seemingly have a good back stop in Jacurri as well that will hopefully work on his craft and stick around as long as he is being fed and able to live a decent enough college lifestyle through NIL.

I think that these deals for top QB talents are going to hurt more than they help in that either a kid isn’t as good as they were evaluated to be and thus not worth the cost or they use the funds for things that get them in trouble or become mini ABs and cause trouble. This is going to back fire at some point and then it will be difficult to put the milk back in the cow. Face it, college football as we once knew it has been ruined and it will never be again. I just want to see annual top 10 performances by our Canes and an occasional championship.

You are certainly entitled to all of these opinions.

I would simply point out that the NCAA did NOTHING for years. At one point, this issue was manageable, if some reasonable rules had been introduced.

Now, the genie is out of the bottle.

I would simply point out that the NCAA did NOTHING for years. At one point, this issue was manageable, if some reasonable rules had been introduced.

Yep. NCAA is behind the 8 ball just like fsu was when NIL legislation was passed. For as much as manny did wrong, UM was prepared to launch pretty quickly on this stuff

You are totally correct and there could have been a better solution. It’s kind of like the social security/Medicare funding issue. We know it is going to happen, but the longer that we wait for the solution to be seriously considered, the harsher the impact that will occur. This is just sad and the NCAA is getting what they deserve. It’s a shame that we are collateral damage as fans.

Advertisement
Back