Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
He has a much better chance to play early at Arkansas than he does at Miami.

And I can’t blame any QB that wants to play for an offensive guru like Kendal Briles.

But it’s still early, you recruit him until he signs his LOI.
Exactly. As I said, it’s impressive we are even this far involved with a QB of this caliber. This job probably isn’t open until at least 2024. We can make a good NIL offer but how much do you want to go on a player who might never play for you? Ask the auto dealer in Columbus who paid Ewers lol.

TVD in 22 then TVD or Garcia in 23. And, if Garcia starts for 2 years, this job isn’t open until 2025. Again, I’m surprised we have 2 guys of this caliber this interested.

It cost to win and that cost is expensive. These are the times in which we live. If you don’t have the support to foot the bill, you will get left behind and your organization will be doomed.

Advertisement
Exactly. As I said, it’s impressive we are even this far involved with a QB of this caliber. This job probably isn’t open until at least 2024. We can make a good NIL offer but how much do you want to go on a player who might never play for you? Ask the auto dealer in Columbus who paid Ewers lol.

TVD in 22 then TVD or Garcia in 23. And, if Garcia starts for 2 years, this job isn’t open until 2025. Again, I’m surprised we have 2 guys of this caliber this interested.
This. Ruiz has a lot of money but there's still limits. And Rashada will prob hit the portal after year 1 if he's not starting. So you're throwing hundreds of thousands (maybe million+ per year?) to have him to compete for the job for 1 year. That's how crazy this now gets.

Or are we better off using that money to get a bunch of 4/5 star guys at other positions? Idk honestly, we all know you need an elite qb (or complete elite D and playmakers to win a ship), interesting times

Happy Dance GIF by CBeebies HQ
?

I thought I was the only one that read that.

Advertisement
This. Ruiz has a lot of money but there's still limits. And Rashada will prob hit the portal after year 1 if he's not starting. So you're throwing hundreds of thousands (maybe million+ per year?) to have him to compete for the job for 1 year. That's how crazy this now gets.

Or are we better off using that money to get a bunch of 4/5 star guys at other positions? Idk honestly, we all know you need an elite qb (or complete elite D and playmakers to win a ship), interesting times
It sucks but you’re really not even paying for the player anymore. Your paying for the optics of getting said player to get other players to join them.

Advertisement
Arkansas Mod update:

-Pittsburg (Calif.) quarterback Jaden Rashada was back on the road over the weekend, back down South for an unofficial visit to Arkansas.

And the Hawgs made a big impression on the five-star.

"There were a lot of stereotypes of Arkansas that I heard, so it was good getting out there and seeing it for myself," said Rashada. "It was a pretty good trip and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It was my first time down there and I liked it. You could tell you were in the SEC when you were down there. The city of Fayetteville has a lot to do there."

One of those stereotypes Rashada heard prior to the visit was Arkansas' insistence on running the ball, with an offensive line coach at the heart, Sam Pittman, the head coach.

But offensive coordinator Kendal Briles alleviated any of those concerns.

"Coach Briles put up a presentation on how he adjusts to his quarterbacks and their strengths," said Rashada. "He had guys who threw for 4,000 yards but couldn't run and then he had some who could run but weren't as good at passing, so he says the offense adjusts to the quarterbacks strength. So that stood out to me a lot."

And while Pittman is a fan of the trenches, Rashada is a bigger fan of Pittman.

"Coach Pittman, that is one of the coolest coaches in the game," said Rashada. "His full interest is towards the program and the players. He looks out for his players and it's noticeable just how much he looks out for them. He cares for them more as people and not just as players. He's what you're looking for in a head coach."

Rashada said he and Briles hit it off strong as well.

"That was my first time meeting him in person, and coach Briles is a super cool dude," said Rashada. "He's definitely a coach I can see myself playing for. He has a great family and is a super cool dude and super good coach."

With weather issues popping up, Saturday's scrimmage was moved to the indoor facility so Rashada said he didn't get to notice the fans as much as he had planned but they still made their presence known on campus.

"They had to move the spring game indoors so they didn't have fans or anything crazy, but you could tell in the town it had a big college vibe and they love Arkansas," said Rashada.

Rashada said he dug the campus and Arkansas' facilities.

"The campus was pretty nice and I thought the facilities were pretty nice," said Rashada. "I liked their academic building and really liked the people in it."

With visits to Miami and Arkansas taken in April, Rashada is now figuring out the next few visits and the timing of them.

Originally set to visit Oregon next weekend for their spring game, Rashada said there is a strong potential the visit will happen at another time instead.

He's also weighing an unofficial visit to Ole Miss in the near future.

Once he starts wrapping those first rounds of visits, Rashada said he'll officially cut his list.

"I think after the next few visits, I'll probably have a top five or so," said Rashada.

A five-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Rashada is the No. 5 quarterback nationally and the No. 5 prospect in the state of California in 2023.

That flag was planted like two decades ago...

They’ve ALWAYS recruited Florida really well lol

Yea but the last few classes they haven’t really come down here and put a focus on it. Seems as if they have a true focus on it this year. They already have the same amount of commits from Florida this year than they did last year, and they aren’t done. The previous few classes had minimum as well. So seems like they’re putting more of an emphasis on it this class.

Advertisement
He has a much better chance to play early at Arkansas than he does at Miami.

And I can’t blame any QB that wants to play for an offensive guru like Kendal Briles.

But it’s still early, you recruit him until he signs his LOI.

I don't get caught up in the Briles hype from a development standpoint. I don't think what he does truly prepares a QB for the NFL. Put up video game stats in college? Sure. But any playbook with so few plays and route concepts isn't going to cut it for these kids taking that next step, unless he expands things a bit. I saw a little more from Arkansas last year than previous......maybe he was taking some things from Lane's playbook at FAU.....but we'll see how things progress at Arky or his next stop.

I've been cool with the NIL stuff but are we seriously about to pay 18 year olds 8 million for nothing but picking a college to attend for free? I'm not trying to sound like the old guy in the room because I'm not but just feels like we are trending in a dangerous way here. I think there should be some regulation and limits, right now it's the wild wild west with no one performing checks and balances.
I mean it doesn’t really matter because if there are regulations, schools will just continue to bag recruits under the table.

Advertisement
Back