Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
He has a much better chance to play early at Arkansas than he does at Miami.

And I can’t blame any QB that wants to play for an offensive guru like Kendal Briles.

But it’s still early, you recruit him until he signs his LOI.

100%

The whole “he doesn’t like competition” bit is nonsense considering he’s probably being offered the starting gig along with a big NIL deal. He doesn’t get a big NIL deal here if he has to sit for 2 years.

I don't get caught up in the Briles hype from a development standpoint. I don't think what he does truly prepares a QB for the NFL. Put up video game stats in college? Sure. But any playbook with so few plays and route concepts isn't going to cut it for these kids taking that next step, unless he expands things a bit. I saw a little more from Arkansas last year than previous......maybe he was taking some things from Lane's playbook at FAU.....but we'll see how things progress at Arky or his next stop.
That’s kinda beside the point...

There’s very few OC’s that can make claims to developing NFL QB’s, especially considering most of the new era league QB’s are non-traditional school kids as is. So if you’re a college OC you’re not going sell the idea of developing for the NFL anyway because in that case you won’t have much of a leg to stand on.

But what you can always sell is your system, if your system generates high productivity it will always be interesting to kids who like the idea of playing in a fun offense. The primary job for most college OC’s isn’t to get QB’s prepared for the NFL, it’s to maximize whatever ability the kid has & transform that into production in college which can result in W’s for their respective team.

You personally may not get caught in Briles hype, but as a High school QB prospect it’s not hard to see.

And complexity for complexity’s sake is pointless in college, a lot of OC’s bog their players down with overly sophisticated verbiage & play designs trying to be Bill Walsh Jr & still have ****** dawdling offenses.

Last edited:
100%

The whole “he doesn’t like competition” bit is nonsense considering he’s probably being offered the starting gig along with a big NIL deal. He doesn’t get a big NIL deal here if he has to sit for 2 years.
The Transfer Portal has essentially eliminated QB competitions, or at least the idea of waiting your turn.

The Portal will always be chock full of QB’s, that’s why regardless of who you sign out of HS you can always find a potential starter in the offseason now because kids will continue to sign to crowed rooms & others will recognize they’re not playing by their 2nd year if there’s another underclassman QB in the same room.

It’s smart of a QB to survey the Depth charts of the teams that’s recruiting him, any QB potentially signing with Miami can clearly see Garcia & Brown are already in place & regardless of how much of a competitor you may be, it’s an odds game you have to play when weighing your options.

Just as dumb as it is to be another 5-star DT/DE signing with TAMU, the same applies for a QB signing to a team that already has 2-3 starter quality QB’s on the roster. That’s literally what happened with Quinn Ewers & then he quickly realized he made mistake signing with OH ST that already had a loaded room.

The portal really has more losers than winners El.

This generation wants it all now and the system doesn't do them any favors. While it helps some, saw some article showing how you leave a P5 team, the odds are more likely you'll be out of P5 ball.

These young men should seek out a staff that will develop them and bide their time. Seeing players leave in year one is crazy to me. Year two, not as bad, but most teams aren't starting sophomores.

Yes, some make the right decision, but most don't IMHO. It's their lives, so whatever.

Advertisement
I will never worry about QB anymore now that we have Mario and the Portal. **** we had Manny as a HC and we still managed to pull an stud QB like Deriq King. Trust me PROVEN transfer QB will be lining up to come play here if we ever need a QB. The days of Miami having garbage QB play are over

I will never worry about QB anymore now that we have Mario and the Portal. **** we had Manny as a HC and we still managed to pull an stud QB like Deriq King. Trust me PROVEN transfer QB will be lining up to come play here if we ever need a QB. The days of Miami having garbage QB play are over
I mean he also started Anthony Brown for a year and he stunk soo relax

Advertisement
I mean he also started Anthony Brown for a year and he stunk soo relax
Not a valid point in my eyes. Portal obviously was already goin but with COVID etc it was more focused on kids going home. He did have several highly ranked kids in that room and between injuries and COVID it became a non factor. A significant reason he got stuck with Anthony brown (beyond what I mentioned)was Johnson and how he was a complete miss. Thank God lil Johnny loved him as a prospect so much too.

I wouldn't say he stunk... He had 3,600 Total Yards 28 Total TDs 7INTs and Oregon went 10-2 during the regular season before the postseason collapse. He was an average starter and that's Oregon which isn't a big transfer destination
Anthony Brown was absolutely horrendous...

His passing #’s were 2,989yds 18TD’s & 7INT’s which is very pedestrian for a P5 QB.

He only had one 300 yard passing game in the regular season, the other was in the blowout Bowl game coming from behind against Oklahoma, the rest of the games in the season he had less than 250 yds in 10 out of 14 games, that’s really really horrible.

And aside from just looking at stats in vacuum, anybody that watched Oregon play could see that he was not a good QB by any stretch of the imagination. They went 10-2 in the regular season because the Pac-12 was easily by far the worst & weakest P5 conference in college football & because they had a stacked enough roster around him to where all he had to do was not lose games & they could manage to run the ball & control the clock enough to get wins. But as soon as he was forced to do more than hand the ball off & make a few runs, they got exposed pretty bad.

Your overarching point, is that we should never have to worry about QB selection due to Mario & Mr. Dynasty’s point was that’s not entirely concrete due to him starting Ant Brown & that’s true. Mario has never been much of a top tier QB selector, his strong suite has always been OL’s, RB’s & TE’s, but your point about Miami being a destination for Portal QB’s is absolutely true, we’ll always be able to attract good QB’s here via the Portal.

Advertisement

His passing #’s were 2,989yds 18TD’s & 7INT’s which is very pedestrian for a P5 QB.

He only had one 300 yard passing game in the regular season, the other was in the blowout Bowl game coming from behind against Oklahoma, the rest of the games in the season he had less than 250 yds in 10 out of 14 games, that’s really really horrible.

And aside from just looking at stats in vacuum, anybody that watched Oregon play could see that he was not a good QB by any stretch of the imagination. They went 10-2 in the regular season because the Pac-12 was easily by far the worst & weakest P5 conference in college football & because they had a stacked enough roster around him to where all he had to do was not lose games & they could manage to run the ball & control the clock enough to get wins. But as soon as he was forced to do more than hand the ball off & make a few runs, they got exposed pretty bad.

Your overarching point, is that we should never have to worry about QB selection due to Mario & Mr. Dynasty’s point was that’s not entirely concrete due to him starting Ant Brown & that’s true. Mario has never been much of a top tier QB selector, his strong suite has always been OL’s, RB’s & TE’s, but your point about Miami being a destination for Portal QB’s is absolutely true, we’ll always be able to attract good QB’s here via the Portal.
Count Me In Lets Go GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He also had 700 Rushing yards and 9 TDs on the ground. His mobility helped make up for what he lacked as a passer. Im not saying he was good or anything just didn't think he was terrible. He averaged around 250 Total yards and 2TDs per game and rarely turned the ball over. In my opinion with how effective the portal is for us, Mario has zero excuses to ever have poor QB play at Miami

The Transfer Portal has essentially eliminated QB competitions, or at least the idea of waiting your turn.

The Portal will always be chock full of QB’s, that’s why regardless of who you sign out of HS you can always find a potential starter in the offseason now because kids will continue to sign to crowed rooms & others will recognize they’re not playing by their 2nd year if there’s another underclassman QB in the same room.

It’s smart of a QB to survey the Depth charts of the teams that’s recruiting him, any QB potentially signing with Miami can clearly see Garcia & Brown are already in place & regardless of how much of a competitor you may be, it’s an odds game you have to play when weighing your options.

Just as dumb as it is to be another 5-star DT/DE signing with TAMU, the same applies for a QB signing to a team that already has 2-3 starter quality QB’s on the roster. That’s literally what happened with Quinn Ewers & then he quickly realized he made mistake signing with OH ST that already had a loaded room.
I think Miami’s staff feels this way too. I don’t see us spending higher than $1M on a high school qb. That probably takes us out of it for Rashada. I’m all for kids getting their due, but in an era with no NIL he’s a Cane.

Advertisement

This is why I thought we should have went after that qb that committed to Utah. Even if we get one of these 5 star qbs are they really going to sit around for 2-3 years. The best thing that I can see if we land one of these 5 star qbs is they will attract some talent to join them. JMO.

This is why I thought we should have went after that qb that committed to Utah. Even if we get one of these 5 star qbs are they really going to sit around for 2-3 years. The best thing that I can see if we land one of these 5 star qbs is they will attract some talent to join them. JMO.

It's a good point. Recruiting QB is either a guy who is a 5 star stud who can start year 1, or a guy with projects a certain way and may be flying under the radar and would be willing to sit for a couple years before being a clear starter. Those are tougher to project.

Coach K used to recruit this way. Said he had to project/recruit guys that he knew would stick around 3-4 years b/c that;s the kind of roster he wanted to have and sprinkled in with a one and done here and there. But, he eventually evolved.

Advertisement
Back