Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
I’d imagine…
1) they are making Florida kids a priority early.
2) show them NIL opportunities. I’m sure anyone not named Inniss is getting anything substantial but overall outline what awaits if they ball out
3) show them that they have the green light but there others ahead on the board so if you want in , jump on board now.
Y'all ain't realizing nil is one thing. But they still put together a package outside of that...

Advertisement
I was a little perplexed by Ivins statement in his article, which, overall had some really good vibes with major targets, so I asked him more about Rashada. You can see his response below. IMO we are ahead of the competition by being the first to offer his brother(s) and NIL “should” be a strength for us.

So, judging by his follow-up, we will be right there as Mario will do whatever it takes.

And this is just reading tea leaves by me.

Those with the inside scoop could add better perspective.

Attachments

• A8CDFEFD-C65C-40B3-8CBE-4436B55D3C82.png
    A8CDFEFD-C65C-40B3-8CBE-4436B55D3C82.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 348
Advertisement
I was a little perplexed by Ivins statement in his article, which, overall had some really good vibes with major targets, so I asked him more about Rashada. You can see his response below. IMO we are ahead of the competition by being the first to offer his brother(s) and NIL “should” be a strength for us.

So, judging by his follow-up, we will be right there as Mario will do whatever it takes.

the nil isn’t a strength if the kid is looking for millions

Per usual, Ivins uses many words to not actually say anything of real substance.

Advertisement
I've been cool with the NIL stuff but are we seriously about to pay 18 year olds 8 million for nothing but picking a college to attend for free? I'm not trying to sound like the old guy in the room because I'm not but just feels like we are trending in a dangerous way here. I think there should be some regulation and limits, right now it's the wild wild west with no one performing checks and balances.

Unless we start figuring out how to pull together multiple parties for big deal…
I guess so but that probably wouldn’t happen until a good product is shown on the field
I agree but seems like it’s the trend right now. It’ll be interesting to see if Nico’s deal is an anomaly or the new norm for elite QB’s.

Advertisement
I've been cool with the NIL stuff but are we seriously about to pay 18 year olds 8 million for nothing but picking a college to attend for free? I'm not trying to sound like the old guy in the room because I'm not but just feels like we are trending in a dangerous way here. I think there should be some regulation and limits, right now it's the wild wild west with no one performing checks and balances.
I completely agree. These are crazy times. Unfortunately the choice is likely moving toward either spending it or getting left behind.

Some of the megadonors are saving money by spending money on NIL. Like the Texas booster offering 50k per o-lineman. IIRC the same booster was donating 7 figures to the school every year with nothing to show for it.

From his pov he can donate 1 million (he's donating a lot more), then watch it trickle down through the athletic dept, before eventually being spent on what? More staffers as part of a larger recruiting budget, that may or may not lead to the singings they need to succeed? Or he can pay 20 O-linemen 50k each, guaranteeing they add players.

This will eventually end up like the NFL draft used to be, with rookies making 10s of millions, and costing more and more every year. Only difference is there's no way to cap NIL.

Advertisement
Back