Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Advertisement
Location - UM > Ole ****
Weather - UM > Ole ****
Academics - UM > Ole ****
Coaching - UM > Ole ****
NIL opps - UM > Ole ****
Draft history - UM > Ole ****
Dorms - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win conference - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win Natty - UM > Ole ****
Diversity of culture - UM > Ole ****
Chance to meet HOF'ers - UM > Ole ****
Better place to live - UM > Ole ****
Major airport - UM > Ole ****
Night life - UM > Ole ****
Restaurants - UM > Ole ****

Did I miss anything?
yes, money

Advertisement
Is there a recoup clause in another sport or any other walk of life for that matter if someone underperforms at their job?

Did Albert Haynesworth have to give back the $100mill he got from the Redskins because he sucked?
Did Chandler Parson have to give back the $94mill he got from the Grizzlies because he sucked?
Serious question, did Jamarcus Russell or Isaiah Wilson have to give any money back? Not gonna lie, good chance I wouldv'e done the same thing as Russell

Serious question, did Jamarcus Russell or Isaiah Wilson have to give any money back? Not gonna lie, good chance I wouldv'e done the same thing as Russell
NFL contracts aren't fully guaranteed (sans Watson). A lot of teams put language in contracts where if the player is released due to conduct detrimental to team they can recoup money. Just being a bust does not warrant giving money back. Short answer yea they had to settle.

Advertisement
Wasn't the word on Shemar that he turned down NIL $ by shunning Miami? If we are playing with the big boys which it appears we are we need to provide a better deal or match them if this is our QB1.

People need to be aware that "NIL", strictly speaking, may not be all of the money that changes hands.

Much though we all want it to stop, it is very clear that the system STILL has illegal/illicit money changing hands, whether you look at what a "handler" gets (lookin' at you, Coach Moe) or the "family" gets (read up on what the Gaytors offered to the FAMILY of Harold Perkins).

Again, if a kid gets $1M in NIL, and wants to break off some to Coach Moe or moms/pops, that's up to him. But these under the table payments to people OTHER THAN the athlete are still going on with SEC schools (at the very least).

I agree here..... NIL could shift to Jr. and Sr. that are proven.....

The ROI on this money has to be horrific. Only people with play money can afford to shell out millions for a toy.
I disagree. These collectives are not worried about ROI. They were doing it under the table for recruits before and now they can do it legally. Before the school had to limit their money to boosters they trust to keep their mouth shut. Now that they don't have to worry about that, the flood gates are open and the money is pouring in.

Advertisement
I disagree. These collectives are not worried about ROI. They were doing it under the table for recruits before and now they can do it legally. Before the school had to limit their money to boosters they trust to keep their mouth shut. Now that they don't have to worry about that, the flood gates are open and the money is pouring in.
Honestly, without the threat of the FBI, money laundering, state lines, the IRS and so many other things, this is now completely off the rails. Couldn’t be happier or more excited for the kids and the university. Game on! No person should have to be afraid of getting what they earn.

Wasn't the word on Shemar that he turned down NIL $ by shunning Miami? If we are playing with the big boys which it appears we are we need to provide a better deal or match them if this is our QB1.
Major difference between Shemar and Rashada is the people helping them make their decisions. The adults in the room. So yes you’re right to an extent but Moe was taken care of as well and we werent willing to do that. I still think he transfers back…

Advertisement
People need to be aware that "NIL", strictly speaking, may not be all of the money that changes hands.

Much though we all want it to stop, it is very clear that the system STILL has illegal/illicit money changing hands, whether you look at what a "handler" gets (lookin' at you, Coach Moe) or the "family" gets (read up on what the Gaytors offered to the FAMILY of Harold Perkins).

Again, if a kid gets $1M in NIL, and wants to break off some to Coach Moe or moms/pops, that's up to him. But these under the table payments to people OTHER THAN the athlete are still going on with SEC schools (at the very least).
Dead on!

There is legit interest but this is far from a done deal currently IMO. We pulled out all the stops yesterday including a few former players spending some time with him which was cool to see. A nugget I heard yesterday. Saban visited his high school and asked him to visit Tuscaloosa. That's a big deal to almost any kid and rightfully so. If Arch chooses Texas which is the current expectation we will have an uphill battle IMO. That being said we are willing to do a thing or two (all compliant lol) Bama isn't at this point for him so we will see if that outweighs the Saban effect. I can say firsthand the family really enjoyed themselves yesterday so let's see how the next few weeks unfold.

Advertisement
Back