Official QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then the gator welches on the payments so he doesn’t enroll and rescinds NLI

Location - UM > Ole ****
Weather - UM > Ole ****
Academics - UM > Ole ****
Coaching - UM > Ole ****
NIL opps - UM > Ole ****
Draft history - UM > Ole ****
Dorms - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win conference - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win Natty - UM > Ole ****
Diversity of culture - UM > Ole ****
Chance to meet HOF'ers - UM > Ole ****
Better place to live - UM > Ole ****
Major airport - UM > Ole ****
Night life - UM > Ole ****
Restaurants - UM > Ole ****

Did I miss anything?
Yes the things we don't know about!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Location - UM > Ole ****
Weather - UM > Ole ****
Academics - UM > Ole ****
Coaching - UM > Ole ****
NIL opps - UM > Ole ****
Draft history - UM > Ole ****
Dorms - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win conference - UM > Ole ****
Ability to win Natty - UM > Ole ****
Diversity of culture - UM > Ole ****
Chance to meet HOF'ers - UM > Ole ****
Better place to live - UM > Ole ****
Major airport - UM > Ole ****
Night life - UM > Ole ****
Restaurants - UM > Ole ****

Did I miss anything?
Southern hospitality ole miss > Miami. That’s it.

Whenever the first of these NIL babies bust, the market will correct itself. I couldn't be happier for these kids, and their families, to finally get a legal cut of the pie.
I agree here..... NIL could shift to Jr. and Sr. that are proven.....

The ROI on this money has to be horrific. Only people with play money can afford to shell out millions for a toy.

Whenever the first of these NIL babies bust, the market will correct itself. I couldn't be happier for these kids, and their families, to finally get a legal cut of the pie.
I agree to an extent. Obviously we all recognize that bags were dropped for top players, and while there is no data out there detailing how much money changed hands... it's pretty obvious that more money has entered the game (for obvious reasons, mainly legality). So I think it's important to recognize that the increase in amounts these kids are being paid was a market correction, in and of itself.

I'm not an expert on NIL, but I believe some schools/states are being held back a bit at the moment (waiting for NIL laws to come into effect). Meaning, at some time in the near future even more money will become eligible to pay players. If that part is true, it's not unfathomable to think that deals could increase as the pool of money increases (as the amount of top players (candidates for deals) remains largely static). Just my two cents

Advertisement
I agree to an extent. Obviously we all recognize that bags were dropped for top players, and while there is no data out there detailing how much money changed hands... it's pretty obvious that more money has entered the game (for obvious reasons, mainly legality). So I think it's important to recognize that the increase in amounts these kids are being paid was a market correction, in and of itself.

I'm not an expert on NIL, but I believe some schools/states are being held back a bit at the moment (waiting for NIL laws to come into effect). Meaning, at some time in the near future even more money will become eligible to pay players. If that part is true, it's not unfathomable to think that deals could increase as the pool of money increases (as the amount of top players (candidates for deals) remains largely static). Just my two cents
May see small deals like the whole team... But 100k for a JAG doesn't look good.

500k for an unproven high school kid? wow.....Hope there is a recoup clause if he sucks...
Is there a recoup clause in another sport or any other walk of life for that matter if someone underperforms at their job?

Did Albert Haynesworth have to give back the $100mill he got from the Redskins because he sucked?
Did Chandler Parson have to give back the $94mill he got from the Grizzlies because he sucked?

Jaden is VERY high on Miami. Unless he cancels other trips which I don’t think he will, it’s safe to assume we won’t hear anything in terms of a commitment until all those trips have been had. He’s staring down some insane NIL offers and we need to put together the most compelling package we can.
Wasn't the word on Shemar that he turned down NIL $ by shunning Miami? If we are playing with the big boys which it appears we are we need to provide a better deal or match them if this is our QB1.

Kids are still gonna factor where they go in terms of offense and development. Of course NIL plays a roll but if they thinking long term, they not gonna just up and go to some bum school that got money.

Advertisement
Is there a recoup clause in another sport or any other walk of life for that matter if someone underperforms at their job?

Did Albert Haynesworth have to give back the $100mill he got from the Redskins because he sucked?
Did Chandler Parson have to give back the $94mill he got from the Grizzlies because he sucked?
Haynesworth LOL

Pablo Sandoval is another example

Ill assume that poster meant "opt out" clause. If Nico for example turns out to suck and isnt even starting after his freshmen year..Ill assume there is something in that contract that states the deal is null and void.

Your right, trying to get the money back he already earned is not even worth the legal trouble.

Haynesworth LOL

Pablo Sandoval is another example
I actually think Haynesworth had to give some money back if we arent being funny. He pulled some shenanigans. I remember that situation being really weird between him and the Redskins organization. (faking injuries in order not to play, purposely skipping practice, etc) I could be wrong about giving money back though.

Advertisement
So basically the question is whether or not these NIL deals are fully guaranteed. If so, some of these deals can be better than some low-end NFL players.

I actually think Haynesworth had to give some money back if we arent being funny. He pulled some shenanigans. I remember that situation being really weird between him and the Redskins organization. (faking injuries in order not to play, purposely skipping practice, etc) I could be wrong about giving money back though.
I dont know wtf happened to Haynesworth. He was one of the best DTs in the league, if not the best before that deal. Man got the bag and said peace.

Advertisement
Back