QB decision

D’Eriq King >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Garcia
healthy king literally saved our 2020 season by himself

Advertisement
Locking in on his one target, lol.

I don’t want to kill the kid. He is young, and in a terrible offense. I do think he is talented, but hopefully this quiets the Garcia is the answer crowd. He hurt us more than he helped us today IMO.
He def gifted them 21 points.

Our line is trash and the QBs like Garcia won’t hold up. Brown helps the running and gets him experience in this lost season

Jake looked good against CCSU & MTSU. I mentioned in a game thread that Duke looked night & day different under Elko, & that was specifically running the ball & on the defense.

Jake got his first taste of getting punched in the mouth. I did not like what I saw from him, & two of those throws (both should’ve been ints), he saw ghost & threw it str8 to Duke players.

I’m willing to say first game jitters, but admittedly I wasn’t his biggest fan.
I liked what I saw in Garcia in that MTSU game. But those were some bad bad INTs today. I hope more experience will help with that.

Advertisement
Garcia had multiple practices back in Spring & Fall camp where he threw 4 sometimes, 5 INT’s in scrimmage play.

The reason why a guy like @RedSquare (who is as fair as it gets when it comes to QB’s) has been vocal about not buying into the Garcia hype is because he & a few others were aware that Garcia makes a lot of really really bad decisions with the ball & still hasn’t learned how to properly scan a Defense.

I never really liked Garcia coming out of HS, but I thought in an Uptempo Spread Offense he could be serviceable, but in this system his deficiencies will be exacerbated because this is a system that’s requires a lot more reading & diagnosing.

Jacurri will also have accuracy issues as well because he’s an unpolished passer, but in terms of fit he actually fits best in the Moorehead/Gattis Offense, because a lot of what they like to do requires a mobile running QB in a lot of the run-play packages.

To be fair to Garcia, he still hasn’t started in a full game yet & while I think he’s severely overrated, if TVD is done for the season they might as well let Garcia throw until his eyes bleed rather than rushing Jacurri & stunting his development.

I’m in favor of playing both, but I think Garcia will obviously be the starter for the remainder of the season is TVD is out.

But the most critical decision that will be made is this Offseason if Mario bites the bullet & cans Gattis, but even more importantly who he hires to replace him.

“I’m @RedSquare and I endorse this message.”

He def gifted them 21 points.

Our line is trash and the QBs like Garcia won’t hold up. Brown helps the running and gets him experience in this lost season

Absolutely
I just worry about Brown getting thrown into the fire too. We haven’t even seen him throw the ball yet. That could snow ball as well and ruin the kids confidence when defenses, specifically FSU and Pitt, load the box vs. an already poor OL and take away his legs. Then what? Rhetorical question but bottomline, we are in deep caca without 9, which is very, very depressing.

Garcia had multiple practices back in Spring & Fall camp where he threw 4 sometimes, 5 INT’s in scrimmage play.

The reason why a guy like @RedSquare (who is as fair as it gets when it comes to QB’s) has been vocal about not buying into the Garcia hype is because he & a few others were aware that Garcia makes a lot of really really bad decisions with the ball & still hasn’t learned how to properly scan a Defense.

I never really liked Garcia coming out of HS, but I thought in an Uptempo Spread Offense he could be serviceable, but in this system his deficiencies will be exacerbated because this is a system that’s requires a lot more reading & diagnosing.

Jacurri will also have accuracy issues as well because he’s an unpolished passer, but in terms of fit he actually fits best in the Moorehead/Gattis Offense, because a lot of what they like to do requires a mobile running QB in a lot of the run-play packages.

To be fair to Garcia, he still hasn’t started in a full game yet & while I think he’s severely overrated, if TVD is done for the season they might as well let Garcia throw until his eyes bleed rather than rushing Jacurri & stunting his development.

I’m in favor of playing both, but I think Garcia will obviously be the starter for the remainder of the season is TVD is out.

But the most critical decision that will be made is this Offseason if Mario bites the bullet & cans Gattis, but even more importantly who he hires to replace him.
Somebody put bs on the board saying Garcia was better and should be starting so people ran with it. Even though it had never been shown on the practice field. It was decisively TVD and never was a debate. I posted in spring Garcia was struggling. He makes bad decisions , forces balls and can get real shaky with his accuracy. As you saw today on the horrible throw on his last int. On top of that he’s careless with the ball in the pocket. He’s still young and lacking real game snaps so he can improve.

I’d definitely give JB more snaps and judge the two going forward. Give Jake competition and maybe it forces one to step it up.

Advertisement
This is how I know you’re not only not objective about the topic, but completely full of **** when you claimed that only people who played or coached the position of QB should discuss such matters. As someone who did play the position at the college level, this is a laughable hot take.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and if that’s what you took from what i said, I’m not sure you can actually read.

And you certainly don’t offer any evidence in any of your posts that you actually played the position. Being in your dorm at community college on your x box doesn’t count.

You have no idea what you are talking about, and if that’s what you took from what i said, I’m not sure you can actually read.

And you certainly don’t offer any evidence in any of your posts thatyou actually played the position. Being in your dorm at community college on your x box doesn’t count.
“It’s clear Garcia isn’t the answer” without any appropriate opportunity or sample size to make a clear judgment. It’s one thing to have a preference, it’s another to be guilty of the same nonsense you accuse “Garcia slurpers” pulling.

LMAO, there were no hidden messages or alternate points of view in your drivel. I know with certainty you’re full of ****, you outed yourself then responded with lame attempts at insults. You can go back to having fun with your “grown ups” talk.

Is it just me or does anyone else hold their breath when Garcia throws to the boundary? I never thought of him to lack arm zip but a couple of times today he looked like he was shot putting those deep curls.

So then why are we running those routes if he can't throw them?

Oh yeah forgot.......we have Gattis.

Advertisement
“It’s clear Garcia isn’t the answer” without any appropriate opportunity or sample size to make a clear judgment. It’s one thing to have a preference, it’s another to be guilty of the same nonsense you accuse “Garcia slurpers” pulling.

LMAO, there were no hidden messages or alternate points of view in your drivel. I know with certainty you’re full of ****, you outed yourself then responded with lame attempts at insults. You can go back to having fun with your “grown ups” talk.
The dude is an ***

If Garcia makes as many bad throws as he did today, he'll play himself right back to the bench. Coaches won't have much of a choice. What caught me off guard w/ him today apart from decisions was he doesn't seem to have neither the arm strength or mobility I thought he did.
Yes, the "Garcia is way more mobile than TVD" crowd... smh Never understood where that came from

Advertisement

@SFbayCane

TVD likely out for the rest of the season so hopefully he comes back or we are screwed next year too. Doubt he does though.

If I'm TVD I'm transferring the f outta here and staying away from that garbage offensive scheme. Its not going to get better

Somebody put bs on the board saying Garcia was better and should be starting so people ran with it. Even though it had never been shown on the practice field. It was decisively TVD and never was a debate. I posted in spring Garcia was struggling. He makes bad decisions , forces balls and can get real shaky with his accuracy. As you saw today on the horrible throw on his last int. On top of that he’s careless with the ball in the pocket. He’s still young and lacking real game snaps so he can improve.

I’d definitely give JB more snaps and judge the two going forward. Give Jake competition and maybe it forces one to step it up.
@SFbayCane

Marino would have told Gattis to hold his jock strap and would have lit up MTSU. Hahahahaha

Gary Stevens is a way better OC then Gattis and Gary was running an 90s offense. Just put Marino in shutgun and let the magic run. lol Btw I loved when Marino would chew out his guys for not blocking or dropping a pass. Man, I miss Marino

Advertisement
Back