QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Best of luck to Ward in the NFL. Wish he would have come to UMbut that frees us some NIL money for other QBs and maybe a missing piece or two.

Should have just taken Howard weeks ago when he was ready to go. Half the staff apparently liked him more, he was cheaper, and he's not filming a documentary about himself (who the **** does that?).

Miami has to overpay to get players so im really, really struggling what value Mario brings.
Someone who has an overinflated opinion on their worth. He'll figure it out on draft day.

Advertisement
The kid is betting on himself. Story of the NFL draft. You look at a bunch of NFL QB jokers and my guess is he said I can make a roster as a backup at minimum.

With the NCAA not having power to stop guys from transferring twice and having immediate eligibility, Salter should be back on table ngl

Ward is a good player. I'm curious what his NFL Draft grade is. Can see him thinking he'll be a Day 2 guy, but looks more like a Day 3 guy, to me. But if you look @ the NFL, and you see there are going to be over 60 starting NFL QBs this past year...you can't help but think you have a good chance of playing in your rookie year.

I am not sure what this says about Miami...but the reality is, we haven't put a QB in the league for real in a very very long time (these fringe roster guys do not count - so save the Kaaya or Steve Morris nonsense)...if it was NFL or Miami...it is what it is, but I do believe there are plenty of options out there that can give us a good season.

Advertisement
Kid went to the nfl how is the program a laughing stock?

Y’all got to take your opinions and feelings out of this. Miami is fine and Cam and his family can go take that gamble in the nfl they are getting very poor guidance from someone in their circle. Miami will be better off without that kid on the roster

Is fsu a laughingstock? Didn’t they bring him in for a visit and offer him a NIL deal?
My tone might have come off different than I meant.

In a vacuum I agree, this situation all the way has been weird. However, after the bowl game and how this has publicly played out the PR surrounding the program is in a very bad place. It's a perception sport, this is absolutely an issue before summer recruiting. It's just frustrating things worked out this way, *BUT* I admit particularly with Ward it should have worked out with what was on the table and the staff did the most they could.

Ward is a good player. I'm curious what his NFL Draft grade is. Can see him thinking he'll be a Day 2 guy, but looks more like a Day 3 guy, to me. But if you look @ the NFL, and you see there are going to be over 60 starting NFL QBs this past year...you can't help but think you have a good chance of playing in your rookie year.

I am not sure what this says about Miami...but the reality is, we haven't put a QB in the league for real in a very very long time (these fringe roster guys do not count - so save the Kaaya or Steve Morris nonsense)...if it was NFL or Miami...it is what it is, but I do believe there are plenty of options out there that can give us a good season.
Exactly there have been many QBs to start this season who weren’t as talented as Ward. Devito, Jaren Hall, etc… Also not a very deep QB draft.

Advertisement
College Football Sport GIF by Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic

Advertisement
Yeah - watch Ward change his mind in a few days and goes and visits Auburn and ends up there.
Would not shock me in the slightest

Without being a mope I still just can’t envision a scenario where a top flight portal guy wants to come here, especially a QB. But Mario is a heck of a recruiter so I suppose anything is possible

Just pretty clear the portal is a totally different beast than high school recruiting and we are just so far off right now

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Pivoting to Nelson would be a lil confusing/disappointing considering reports were that we wanted a vet and Dante Moore went to Oregon (oh the irony).

They made a mistake they confused his NFL draft grade with his CFL draft grade. That's my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back