QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
No bro it’s fat and lazy season till January 2. Then it’s New Year’s resolution for two weeks.
I feel ya

2 pint glass mimosas and a j in, off a monster breakfast, about to walk the dog with another j and then shutting it down. Debating the dog walk cuz its 40 outside but that one accomplishment should get me thuir the next 36...

I feel ya

2 pint glass mimosas and a j in, off a monster breakfast, about to walk the dog with another j and then shutting it down. Debating the dog walk cuz its 40 outside but that one accomplishment should get me thuir the next 36...
Take that dog for a walk man. It’s earned it

tfw GIF
As I’ve said “Usc sniffed around and there’s been contact” but that’s all. I still say the NFL is the biggest threat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah I mean I get saying that trying to be funny but look at the top 100 qbs in the portal and look how many are available

Howard, ward and kj Jefferson are the only 3 that would be considered clearly better. Jefferson and Howard both seem to have their landing spots

McCloud is in there too but his stats against power 5 competition is scary bad
First let’s talk about Jacurri and our QB situation. Jacurri was a 4 star based purely on his athletic traits and playing for a state champion in Georgia. There is a reason why we were his best commitable offer though. He was always a major project. Definitely high ceiling but I think most lied to themselves how low his floor was. Through it all, he just went 21-30 for 181 1 and 1 against a putrid Rutgers team. He just isn’t it and if we start him next year, we are in major major trouble.

Now to our options in the portal. Trust me, it’s not lost on me that we need a portal QB and we need one now. The only viable options on the table are Ward, Howard, DJ and KJ. I think Baby Tua would be an option as well if he gets his waiver. Now those guys are equals by any stretch but they are all much better than Jacurri.

Now if we don’t land one of those guys, we will be forced to wait to the later portal window. Not ideal but a reality we maybe facing because once again, our QB room is a mess. There are some FCS guys we can kick the tires on and I’ll keep saying it til I’m blue in the face, back channel the Memphis kid, Henigan.

Advertisement
IF we whiff on ward and Howard just give the reigns to jacurri

Minimal reps and no snaps all year and think he played well outside of the bad pick, especially considering the opt outs. Think he’s a step above Emory at the moment
When we are hurting, sometimes we say things we dont really mean. Im gonna go with that amigo. You are smarter than this.

“Significantly”. No it didn’t. Congrats, NFL teams agreed with me and drafted him 6th overall. Sorry that happened and he didn’t go 6th round like you wished.

And yes it is. You said his ints went up, when his attempts almost doubled.. explain why you made that point when you know you’re wrong, or don’t understand football.

If you rarely throw the ball, when you do throw it’s gonna be more open. They expect the run. If you pass significantly more they play the pass, and he still had astronomical numbers and went 6th. You didn’t know this? You’re just a dumbass
congrats youre an idiot i don't care where he went drafted just pointing out his game went down with mario.

and if you watch the nfl you know he kinda sucks he has bellow 500 win %

On twice as many pass attempts. Averages don’t go up with more attempts. The two years you are citing he completed more passes than he attempted the first year under Mario. That’s what I’m saying you’re just picking whatever number fits your narrative without context.
not picking numbers rofl, it's literally his whole stat sheet except rushing yards.

Advertisement
congrats youre an idiot i don't care where he went drafted just pointing out his game went down with mario.

and if you watch the nfl you know he kinda sucks he has bellow 500 win %
him playing poorly in the NFL is Mario's fault? ok bud

again, attempts almost doubled, and you bring up ints barely increasing. congrats you're an idiot

When we are hurting, sometimes we say things we dont really mean. Im gonna go with that amigo. You are smarter than this.
I didn’t really go out on the limb.. I said if we miss on our targets. Nobody outside of ward, Howard, or Jefferson currently in the portal is worth it in my eyes. Just let Emory or brown get it in that scenario at least they know the scheme well

Obviously it shouldn’t come to that because staff needs to get ward or Howard, but IF they don’t, I hope we don’t reach on some random FCS or backup qb somewhere

Advertisement
This taking quite a long time.

We whiff on QB, get the pitchforks out, Mario and company will be lucky to be .500 next year. Even with that, 7 or 8 wins seems about the ceiling and that isn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back