QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
In defense of Mario, he may be hitting a lot of these other guys up at this point and not just playing grabass while Ward deliberates.

With the Ward decision going on more each day, this becomes more personal than business for Mario.

Yesterday showed us we are not a national title contender next year, but 10 wins is easily obtainable and there are a number of Qbs that can get us to 10 next year. Open up the slots to anyone on your 10 win tier and let’s roll.

10 win qbs tier
Ward
Fifita
Howard
KJ
DJ
Malachi Nelson

Advertisement
Is this not the equivalent of hiring Gattis and Steele, et al, because of the "perceived sizzle."

Do we not like to learn from mistakes or do we need to make precisely the same error to not make a similar mistake again?

Don't answer that.

I'm not against Ward, mind you, but I would appreciate if the decision was based on scheme and function instead of optics.

I got news for you, sir…

There are no scheme fits for this dog**** system.

It’s the reverse Midas touch on offense. Everyone that comes near this thing gets turned into lead instead of gold

Advertisement
Honestly given how big this year is for Mario, I just don’t see him striking out on a QB.
Hope you’re right, guess that depends what your definition of striking out is…

It was said multiple times Miami had 5 guys they wanted (Ward, Howard, DG, Pratt & Tualia), if the starter next year isn’t one of those 5 then he struck out looking.

I get the sense that Ward thinks his path can be like Anthony Richardson. He's got NFL dreams in his head and next year is just a way to get some $ in the interim. Do we really want a guy whose heart isn't aligned with what we really want from a QB? Richardson sure didn't do much for UF no matter the hype. We've already got the #4 class signed. We don't need a big media splash, we need the QB who will give the best for our team next fall. I've wanted Howard all along.

Awesome Season 2 GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block

If he was coming here you would think he would of announced it by now.
I mean it’s still possible, anything is when you’re paying the most… but it’s clear he isn’t all in. He’s slow playing it and waiting for a better option, Miami clearly praying that doesn’t happen.

Advertisement
I get the sense that Ward thinks his path can be like Anthony Richardson. He's got NFL dreams in his head and next year is just a way to get some $ in the interim. Do we really want a guy whose heart isn't aligned with what we really want from a QB? Richardson sure didn't do much for UF no matter the hype. We've already got the #4 class signed. We don't need a big media splash, we need the QB who will give the best for our team next fall. I've wanted Howard all along.
Ship might’ve sailed due to Rio slow playing him. ******* around and finding out

I got news for you, sir…

There are no scheme fits for this dog**** system.

It’s the reverse Midas touch on offense. Everyone that comes near this thing gets turned into lead instead of gold
Kind of wild to think about. If you're Mario and every single QB and OC you touch seems to not do as well or live up to their expectations under you..... wouldn't you take a look in the mirror to see why that is happening?

Hope you’re right, guess that depends what you’re definition of striking out is…

It was said multiple times Miami had 5 guys they wanted (Ward, Howard, DG, Pratt & Tualia), if the starter next year isn’t one of those 5 then he struck out looking.
I’d add KJ to the list but many would disagree. I also think there will be a few more good QBs that enter the portal and have a new school within the next couple weeks.

Advertisement
I’d add KJ to the list but many would disagree. I also think there will be a few more good QBs that enter the portal and have a new school within the next couple weeks.
Sure, you can have your personal faves. I think KJ would be better than TVD and most QBs we’ve had in past decade or so… the difference is KJ is to King as Ward is to Hurts.

KJ keeps Miami competitive, Ward makes Miami a contender. It would definitely be considered striking out if KJ is our guy next fall.

Sure, you can have your personal faves. I think KJ would be better than TVD and most QBs we’ve had in past decade or so… the difference is KJ is to King as Ward is to Hurts.

KJ keeps Miami competitive, Ward makes Miami a contender. It would definitely be considered striking out if KJ is our guy next fall.
Yeah, striking out is subjective I suppose. To me it means we enter spring without getting anyone.

The people who paid for Mario won’t just fire him after 3 years. Mario is here for a long time. If you have ever been around these wealthy people, admitting defeat is not in there DNA

There's zero reason he hasn't. What's the narrative? I mean it's still close to Xmas. But to sit and blast people questioning if this is legit doesn't make sense. I don't care about sauces, until its public good or bad we all don't know a thing. Hope that helps. It's not about being right. Some just feel the need to whip their **** out at every sign of discourse. That's just a exhausting to read through. We've got to many den mothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back