QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
i mean if that's the case we can have some retired HOF'ers on the roster by tomorrow......
Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

Honestly. Even if he came now why would you want him? Doesn't sound like he wants to play for Miami. Pay him all the money in the world but he won't give a **** so why do it?
This is a part of it now. Dude clearly doesn’t want to be here any more than anywhere else. If he comes it’s because it’s the biggest pay day and purely transactional. For a 1 year rental with no passion for the school/program, it’s hard to argue it’s worth the trouble. We are nowhere near big time CFB caliber, Ward or not. We need something more sustainable we were not back in this same situation next year.

Advertisement
UFs braintrust is almost as bad as UMs. Hopefully they continue that track record like we have.
it’s actually a close call between the two schools as to incompetence. Billy isn’t a good game coach and Mario is worse. Mario is a better recruiter. Our NIL game is better. Their AD and UAA are awful. I don’t think our equivalent has been good.

I mean we hired Manny without a search and then Mario. They did a search and came up with Billy though I wonder if a number of people they wanted ahead of him just weren’t interested.

Portal and Elite HS Quarterbacks reply to Mario recruiting pitch:

“I can't believe what you say, because I see what you do.” — James Baldwin.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Justin Herbert’s freshman year at Oregon was 2016, Mark Helfrich’s last season.

Mario was at Alabama.

Herbert was clearly the best quarterback Mario ever had, but he didn’t recruit him.
That isn’t the point. The point is he had a qb perform well with him and was then drafted 6th overall. If they “see what he does” with QBs, he gets them drafted 6th overall.

My suspicion is Taulia T is the #2 option behind Ward. For whatever reason, Cristobal wasn't enamored with Howard. I think the staff believes Jefferson limits the playbook too much. He need a spread offense that doesn't require reading a defense. He'd be TVD with wheels here. Taulia plays much more like a pro style QB, and my uneducated guess is that Cristobal ranks him way higher than the fans do.
Wasn’t the rumor we sent Dawson immediately to see Howard then Howard came here to visit first? Seems odd if Mario wasn’t enamored

Advertisement
Ummm.. if they take Ward and dump their QB, doesn't that mean they think Ward is considerably better? You don't bring in a transfer QB and pay huge NIL if he's only marginally better than what's on the roster.
I’m with you but if there is a “mystery team” it likely means a domino effect on their qb room, and from “mystery” I infer it means the team in question may not appear to need a qb.

i would take nussmeier or Howard in a heartbeat if it’s LSU or Oklahoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back