QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mario can convince an NFL caliber skill player to transfer to Miami I'll start believing in Santa again.
Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
USC has been sniffing around but after what Moss did other day I’d roll with him if I were them. What a great time for him to ball out
Makes sense based on will and osu. Moss looked legit though. Sends a terrible message for someone who stayed at usc as new qbs keep getting brought in and then threw for 6 tds

it’s actually a close call between the two schools as to incompetence. Billy isn’t a good game coach and Mario is worse. Mario is a better recruiter. Our NIL game is better. Their AD and UAA are awful. I don’t think our equivalent has been good.

I mean we hired Manny without a search and then Mario. They did a search and came up with Billy though I wonder if a number of people they wanted ahead of him just weren’t interested.
It was between frost, chip and Billy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario wants Ward. That’s his choice, imo he wants the sizzle of the addition.
Is this not the equivalent of hiring Gattis and Steele, et al, because of the "perceived sizzle."

Do we not like to learn from mistakes or do we need to make precisely the same error to not make a similar mistake again?

Don't answer that.

I'm not against Ward, mind you, but I would appreciate if the decision was based on scheme and function instead of optics.

Mario wants Ward. That’s his choice, imo he wants the sizzle of the addition.
I said at the beginning that money won’t stop Miami and Mario from getting who they want. My question is how much does Ward want from Miami?
Miami has long had the most favorable NIL, but after yesterday’s game, that premium prolly went up another 500k/1mil.

Advertisement
I just don’t think USC goes after Ward now that Miller Moss balled out. The students and fanbase are currently going nuts for him - they’re giving him the “it’s Miller Time” nickname. I think he’s a stud personally and Riley is a god with QBs, it just makes too much sense to continue developing him while saving money and spending on weapons around him/overhauling the defense.

If it’s process by elimination for Ward, so be it. Just make him end up here somehow, someway. We need this search over and done with so we can move on to a WR1 and other additions like LB, DB and safety.

Ironically, we were better off as a progam had we not played yesterday. The so-called benefits of playing in a bowl game were negated by the actual performance in the bowl game. In just 60 mins all of the off-season momentum came to a crashing halt and the proverbial “we suck again” became our calling.

Last edited:
Is this not the equivalent of hiring Gattis and Steele, et al, because of the "perceived sizzle."

Do we not like to learn from mistakes or do we need to make precisely the same error to not make a similar mistake again?

Don't answer that.

I'm not against Ward, mind you, but I would appreciate if the decision was based on scheme and function instead of optics.
Agree with everything you said, but I think it's important to note that Cribby did say "IMO" - and while it may be correct, optics cannot be the only reason for such tunnel vision - I just can't get there. Alonzo and the rest of the staff (and once again here I am basing this only on opinion) wouldn't simply go after a guy only due to optics - they clearly feel he's head and shoulders above the others available in the portal talent-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back