QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is Mario did and let a lot of quality QBs go elsewhere because of it.

We supposedly had a real shot at Will Howard but wanted to wait on Cam.
Kyle Mccord
Will Rogers
Dillon Gabriel
Dante Moore
Taylen Green
Dequan Finn

If Cam Ward, DJU and KJ Jefferson choose to go elsewhere then what?
There is no doubt we need to land a quality starting level QB. I just can’t get mad at Mario for shooting his shot with Ward and more importantly as it pertains to this discussions, I don’t know where they are currently with their hunt. Now it’s not lost on me that Mario’s rep of over thinkin things has me a bit worried but that is mostly calmed because we are willing to pay up right now.

Advertisement
The problem is Mario did and let a lot of quality QBs go elsewhere because of it.

Kyle Mccord
Will Rogers
Dillon Gabriel
Dante Moore
Taylen Green
Dequan Finn

My suspicion is Taulia T is the #2 option behind Ward. For whatever reason, Cristobal wasn't enamored with Howard. I think the staff believes Jefferson limits the playbook too much. He need a spread offense that doesn't require reading a defense. He'd be TVD with wheels here. Taulia plays much more like a pro style QB, and my uneducated guess is that Cristobal ranks him way higher than the fans do.

• Wow
Reactions: ben
There is no doubt we need to land a quality starting level QB. I just can’t get mad at Mario for shooting his shot with Ward and more importantly as it pertains to this discussions, I don’t know where they are currently with their hunt. Now it’s not lost on me that Mario’s rep of over thinkin things has me a bit worried but that is mostly calmed because we are willing to pay up right now.
Hopefully he made the right call.

My guess is Taulia T is the #2 option Ward. For whatever reason, Cristobal wasn't enamored with Howard. I think the staff believes Jefferson limits the playbook too much. He need a spread offense that doesn't require reading a defense. He'd be TVD with wheels here. Taulia plays much more like a pro style QB, and my uneducated guess is that Cristobal ranks him way higher than the fans do.
Taulia needs a waiver he's not sure he can get.

Advertisement
My suspicion is Taulia T is the #2 option behind Ward. For whatever reason, Cristobal wasn't enamored with Howard. I think the staff believes Jefferson limits the playbook too much. He need a spread offense that doesn't require reading a defense. He'd be TVD with wheels here. Taulia plays much more like a pro style QB, and my uneducated guess is that Cristobal ranks him way higher than the fans do.
Mario worried about a limited playbook?

Kyle Mccord
Will Rogers
Dillon Gabriel
Dante Moore
Taylen Green
Dequan Finn

None of the list you showed sans Gabriel who was clearly brokered to Oregon would have done anything here. Should have gone for Murphy or Vandagriff. Both were clearly attainable and you’re getting on development / raw talent.

Taulia needs a waiver he's not sure he can get.

I hope his family sues the NCAA and wins. Don't see why a decent college QB who doesn't have NFL prospects shouldn't be able to get rich off NIL money for as long as he's enrolled in classes. People change their majors all the time, even if it means an extra 2 years in school. If he is enrolled and taking classes, he should be able to play cfb for as long as he wants. My guess is courts would agree with the Taigavloas since NIL blew up the farce of "amateur athletics."

some of the fans that hate the coaches won’t agree but once again our QB let us down. Short hoping passes, a terrible interception. He had some flashes but we need someone way more talented. Sad that I miss the Malik rosier and nkosi Perry years over what we had this year.

Advertisement
None of the list you showed sans Gabriel who was clearly brokered to Oregon would have done anything here. Should have gone for Murphy or Vandagriff. Both were clearly attainable and you’re getting on development / raw talent.

No thanks on Murphy. Can't take the risk of a Project QB in 2024, especially given the easy schedule and Cristobals lousy record. Just need an experienced, solid QB that can make a few throws but doesn't turn the ball over to get a 10 win season. A better coach with a better QB would make a deep playoff run next year with our roster, but it is what it is.

Kyle Mccord
Will Rogers
Dillon Gabriel
Dante Moore
Taylen Green
Dequan Finn

I don’t think they even tried for anyone except Howard and Ward. I was told in this thread there will be a lot of options. But idk where

I hope his family sues the NCAA and wins. Don't see why a decent college QB who doesn't have NFL prospects shouldn't be able to get rich off NIL money for as long as he's enrolled in classes. People change their majors all the time, even if it means an extra 2 years in school. If he is enrolled and taking classes, he should be able to play cfb for as long as he wants. My guess is courts would agree with the Taigavloas since NIL blew up the farce of "amateur athletics."
He deserves a waiver, having to burn a redshirt while playing in 5 meaningless games in clean up duty is awful.

I’m watching the mystery team and I think they’re all set with qb. But if they still take ward I’ll take their guy all day

Ummm.. if they take Ward and dump their QB, doesn't that mean they think Ward is considerably better? You don't bring in a transfer QB and pay huge NIL if he's only marginally better than what's on the roster.

• Looking
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
No thanks on Murphy. Can't take the risk of a Project QB in 2024, especially given the easy schedule and Cristobals lousy record. Just need an experienced, solid QB that can make a few throws but doesn't turn the ball over to get a 10 win season. A better coach with a better QB would make a deep playoff run next year with our roster, but it is what it is.
Mario / Dawson aren’t competent enough play callers to use a guy like Jefferson or pick a solid QB elsewhere and have him do enough to win 10 games. He needs elite talent across the field, and QB is no exception. Project with elite traits is his best bet and hoping to **** he develops.

Arnold looks like a pick machine. OU should probably consider taking a portal guy for next year too.

Advertisement
i mean if that's the case we can have some retired HOF'ers on the roster by tomorrow......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back