QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

@SFbayCane
Season 11 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

So UCF the fav for Jefferson.

Howard has been tied to Ohio Taint and took a trip to USC, but remains uncommitted.

DJ U only trip has been to FSU, and is uncommitted.

Cam has been tied to NFL or UM. Not even FSU anymore.

So what's the panic here? Cam going pro? Up the offer to Howard, make him say no.

Cribby said we got options.

Advertisement
After UM got Ward on campus, they got hyper-focused on recruiting and nailed a top 3 class.

then he's hyper-focused on this bowl game cause an 8-5, with a bowl win, is a good sign and you can sell that to recruits and portal kids. Also, understands that he needs Jacurri focused cause he's the only QB we have right now for this bowl game, and Ward announcing could be a distraction. Could you imagine if Ward announced and Jacurri hit the portal before the bowl game? lmao. Ward's Dad said a decision was coming around Christmas, not on Christmas. Nor did he say they would announce that decision. For all we know, he's already given Mario the commitment and others are trying to steer his mind to the NFL cause they're idiots.

I'd bet Ward will announce shortly after the bowl game. Whether that's Friday or Saturday.

If Ward goes pro, best of luck to him. I hope Will Howard is still an option cause I'm off KJ Jefferson, who got the arm strength of Viola Davis.

If Ward commits, we put this in the shredder and start telling lies about the 2024 season.

****, why Ms. Viola Davis catching strays in a CIS Portal thread?!? 🤣

Yeah but he's not guaranteed any of those things if he comes to Miami. Coming to play for Mario IS a gamble.

He COULD improve his draft stock. He COULD make the playoffs. He also COULD make his draft stock worse, get hurt, and go 7-5.
And he still earns at least 2 million dollars whereas he’s guaranteed nothing if he tomorrow declares for the draft.

Advertisement
True, but none of those guys got their chance to start because they were better and the Head Coach made them QB1. Each of these guys are starting for reasons beyond their abilities. Here's a list of QB's drafted and their round. 4-7 round qbs are absolutely ******.

4th round qbs make around $800K a year for four years (barely above league minimum). Ward can play for Miami (make half of his NFL salary), make the college football playoff, improve his draft stock and battle Ewers, Weigman, Sanders, Allar, and Jalon Daniels. I sure would like my chances against them instead of against Williams, Maye, Jayden Daniels, Nix, and Penix. Cam Ward is at least 6th (and that's generous) of the QBs in this year's draft.

In 2023, the sixth QB was taken in the 4th round
In 2022, the sixth QB was taken in the 5th round (and this was a WEAK QB class; Pickett was the 1st QB off the board. He went 20th, and no QB was taken in the 2nd round.
In 2021, one of the deepest QB classes, the 6th QB off the board was in the 2nd round.
In 2020, the 6th QB off the board was 4th round.

So, history shows that in majority of NFL drafts, the 6th best QB is taken in the 4th round or later. This season, Ward would be the 6th best QB and that's if Sanders and Pratt don't declare (but I think Pratt will stick in the process of declaring). So this year, Ward is behind Williams, Maye, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, and Penix. And if Sanders declares, he will be behind Sanders. Ward may even be behind Pratt. You're looking at the 8th best QB on the big board. That's not 4th round.

Ward has a better shot of signing with Miami, making 2 million, improve his draft stock in a weaker draft class.

Pratt declared for the draft already.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Yeah but he's not guaranteed any of those things if he comes to Miami. Coming to play for Mario IS a gamble.

He COULD improve his draft stock. He COULD make the playoffs. He also COULD make his draft stock worse, get hurt, and go 7-5.

I don’t think his draft stock gets any worse with a bad season here.

If anything, it cements Cristobal as a QB killer

Advertisement
And he still earns at least 2 million dollars whereas he’s guaranteed nothing if he tomorrow declares for the draft.
Well, not nothing. But could be significantly less.

And a lot less control of his situation as well in the NFL.

But he would still has that NFL next to his name and that's one step closer to his ultimate goal.

I don't disagree with you by the way. Just trying to look at it from his perspective and why he's taking so long. There's some risk to both decisions.

I don’t think his draft stock gets any worse with a bad season here.

If anything, it cements Cristobal as a QB killer
I can respect that opinion. Unless he gets a major injury maybe.

And point #2 is one of my biggest fears for Miami football. TVD does well and improves his stock and we get a stud in here and they end up regressing.

Mario would never get a stud quarterback again. He's having a hard enough time as it is.

I can respect that opinion. Unless he gets a major injury maybe.

And point #2 is one of my biggest fears for Miami football. TVD does well and improves his stock and we get a stud in here and they end up regressing.

Mario would never get a stud quarterback again. He's having a hard enough time as it is.

We’re in agreement on the major injury part. If he gets ****ed up and can’t suit up for an NFL camp, he’d be a UDFA.

am still where i was at last week not concerned. we deep sea fishing for the top qb target in portal. we get him or we don't. dont get the panic if we don't. think ya'll r misapprending the situation. it not a choice between cam ward or kj jefferson or howard. it a choice between cam ward and some other QB who better than jefferson who we can entice into the portal with the alleged millions(s) we offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back