QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if Miami is not making it clear to him that he needs to make a decision or they will for him (maybe they are).

But that may make it easier for him as having an option eliminated might not be that bad of a thing for him if he is viewing his options as relatively equal to begin with.
Yup. If I had to take a stab at this, I’d guess Ward is totally content with going pro. Losing his top offer (if it comes to that) will just be that small nudge that would cause him to go NFL.

Advertisement
Exactly.

They've been given a range. Nobody can give a guarantee. The reality is usually "middle of the range".

Yes, it's true, someone in the Davis family can fall in love with a player and blow a first-round Raider pick on a 4th rounder. It's happened before. But usually on fast WRs.
Or on a kicker

Yes. From a financial standpoint, it’s difficult to argue that going pro over your Miami scenario is the best choice.

Who knows, maybe he just doesn’t care to be a college student any longer and that’s weighing heavily on his decision.

Hate to say it but it looks to me Cam Ward isn't confident that Miami or Fsu can boost his draft status. He's stuck, he doesn't want to enter the draft and be a 4th round pick but he's not over the moon about the teams that are pursuing him in the portal either.

Advertisement
Big assumption that Howard even WANTS to come to Miami. Wasn't it mentioned that he was most likely Ohio State now? So we get Ward or "a candidate to be named later".

Read between the lines of what @Cribby has posted.

The stalemate among the TOP Portal QBs is largely due to a couple of schools, Miami being one of them.

Multiple QBs WANT to come to Miami. There is only room for one. Timing might ALSO bite us in the butt, so far, so good. Things may change.

But for now, I'd hazard a guess that three different QBs would choose us if given the green light. And assuming no NFL complications.

Skipped last 6 pages but seems UcF is KJ’s landing spot. Miami seems all in on Cam with no backup options. Let’s see if it works out.

Advertisement
Is this serious? Being coached by mario and his staff is a better decision vs being coach by an NFL staff because it could end up being the Jets? It's not even close, horrible take.

Good lord, your reading comprehension sucks.

I responded to a poster who said that your NFL development and chance to get to a second contract is a crapshoot, and could be severely impacted by which team picks you.

But, sure, continue to invent things that people never said.

Cam is not going in the second or third round. No chance. The fourth is pushing it.

I tend to agree with you. I was just responding to hoops' overly optimistic assessment.

Until Ward can put together ONE good season with fewer fumbles and picks...fourth round is the ceiling. We're talking about the NFL here. First-Round Jameis wrecked himself with TOs before he checked himself.

Some posters are blinded by the yardage.

I tend to agree with you. I was just responding to hoops' overly optimistic assessment.

Until Ward can put together ONE good season with fewer fumbles and picks...fourth round is the ceiling. We're talking about the NFL here. First-Round Jameis wrecked himself with TOs before he checked himself.

I know I was just saying.

Advertisement
Cam wants to wait as long as possible so he can get as clear a picture on his NFL draft stock as he possibly can. The longer he waits the more individual teams he can hear back from.

Or maybe he wants the decision to be made for him by missing out on all the best portal landing spots?
Or does he know that he can portal in May and probably still find a really good landing spot?

In my mind, 4th round is the gray area.

1st-3rd, he's gone. 5th-7th, he stays in college

4th is situational.

There's 5 4th round and later QBs who have been given the opportunity to start games the last few years.

Aiden O'Connell Raiders
DTR Cleveland
Bailey Zappe NE
Sam Howell Washington
And of course Brock Purdy SF

Maybe Cam thinks if he just gets a chance to start he can earn his way up?

Advertisement

Fans fall in love with the highlight film. We don’t see all of the film, and most certainly don’t know how to project a player to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back