QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing out on Ward and landing KJ would be disappointing.

However, we need a ******* adult in the QB room. KJ is definitely that. If Dawson could get him back to 2021-2022 KJ, he could be a good leader for this team. He won't be scared going into UF or Clemson, or FSU at home.
Arkansas fans would disagree on KJ as a leader..word around their program is they weren’t exactly disappointed in that building that he decided to leave..almost a TVD type sentiment

Advertisement
The ITU guys are good soldiers for this admin. They get some good access because of that.

There’s ZERO chance Gabby would post that unless there’s alignment there.
Mario knows recruiting and when to press what buttons. Ward’s camp wants two weeks? Mario’s response is we'll start focusing on other options. Gives a degree of control back to Mario. Miami drops out and FSU takes DJ, Ward is left turning pro and being a mid round pick. Also takes out Ward’s biggest NIL bargaining chip. Market dries up once Miami’s overpay leaves the table.

I’m assuming you’re also concerned about Howard’s turnovers too then?

KJ was very good at protecting the ball in 2/3 years as a starter.
I think Howard was a better passer but his ability in the red zone to run with power was a huge part of his game I liked. With respect to Jefferson, his power running at the position is nice his accuracy passing the ball scares me.

Bottom line. Land Ward or we are screwed this year. This team needed a portal QB that can win immediately. The options now are off the board besides Ward and as excellent as Mario is as a recruiter, they screwed this up if they miss on Ward

Completion percentage in college is funny cause alot of it is boosted by rpo,screens,bubbles, and the oc just running an ABC 123 scheme and holding guys hands lol.

Not saying thats bad it’s just rare that completion percentage tells the whole story even in the nfl

Can you share where those stats are from? I’ll take a look for both guys.

Miami fans couldn’t stand TVD because he was a head case.
Pro football focus.

And fans couldn’t stand him because he was a human turnover. He really killed us the weeks back to back he turned it over inside our own 20.

Advertisement
Gotcha. No sweat. He takes care of the ball. This year turnovers went up but the surrounding cast was a dumpster fire.
I can 100% empathize towards his nightmare situation with Enos. He doesn’t strike me as a stand in the pocket and wait for routes to develop type. More of a quick one read and rip it guy. Which I think is more preferable for Dawson.

Arkansas fans would disagree on KJ as a leader..word around their program is they weren’t exactly disappointed in that building that he decided to leave..almost a TVD type sentiment
Idk man, they were also calling for Sam Pittmans head. Just seemed like a mix of bad **** in there

Advertisement
I can 100% empathize towards his nightmare situation with Enos. He doesn’t strike me as a stand in the pocket and wait for routes to develop type. More of a quick one read and rip it guy. Which I think is more preferable for Dawson.
I don't really know enough about QB play to give my take on that. He's at his best with good protection and being able to extend broken plays with his legs, whether that's taking off and running or making throws to receivers coming back to the ball. He's also a good deep ball thrower.

I think one thing he struggled with this year under Enos is organizing the protections and dictating the offensive line. That's something we'd have to simplify for him, but also their OL was TERRIBLE this year. Maybe it would change with a better group.

Didn't Aziz call Ward to Miami yesterday? Why all the panic today?
they are just impatient

I think cam and his family played it smart holding off

only gonna raise his bag, and also look at how many FSU players have entered the portal in the last week? why wouldn't he wait as long as he can to ensure what's going to be left on any roster he commits to

I think we get him still

If they miss on Ward I hope they go get Pratt from Tulane…kid would kill it here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
they are just impatient

I think cam and his family played it smart holding off

only gonna raise his bag, and also look at how many FSU players have entered the portal in the last week? why wouldn't he wait as long as he can to ensure what's going to be left on any roster he commits to

I think we get him still

yup...

Just sit back and enjoy the show, folks.

Mario got us.

This is true. KJ did not handle this past year well. But it's hard to blame him considering he had self belief that he'd be an NFL draft pick with another good year and the HC went out and hired Dan Enos and failed to replace the quality departures at OL and WR. KJ felt let down and let it affect his play.

Completion percentage in college is funny cause alot of it is boosted by rpo,screens,bubbles, and the oc just running an ABC 123 scheme and holding guys hands lol.

Not saying thats bad it’s just rare that completion percentage tells the whole story even in the nfl
Exactly. It also doesn’t tell you if a qb is putting the ball consistently in a place that allows the receivers to run after the catch.

• Agree
Reactions: E1k
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back