QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yep someone who can manage the game n not throw interceptions. But is good enough to lead us to victory n will be here for 2 yrs. Not these one yr rentals because if they was that good they would be declaring for the draft
If you was that good ppl would actually listen to you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1702604624152.png

Advertisement
But that has to be full contract value right, over several years (maybe 4 with 5th year team option or something)? Which aren't guaranteed. Don't think 6th rounders are making 4mil a year. Probably less than $1m a year or around there.
Correct. That’s the full contract value which is typically 4 years.

But that has to be full contract value right, over several years (maybe 4 with 5th year team option or something)? Which aren't guaranteed. Don't think 6th rounders are making 4mil a year. Probably less than $1m a year or around there.

Yes over 4 years.

Edit original post for clarity

Sounds to me like the kid is just playing the game. Trying to squeeze every last penny out of these schools. I don't particularly like it, but I'd do the same thing. He knows that we're wanting to close quick so what better way to get a few more dollars than to say he'll decide around Christmas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Flip you backed yours up with some fact I can't ignore. I still prefer someone with 2 yrs so we want be back at this next yr.
If you bring in someone with 2 years of eligibility then you are guaranteed to run off both Jacurri and Emory. Both could use another year of development

I don't think you realize how urgent it is to win more games next year because it is Mario's third year. He needs someone to change the reputation as a QB killer rather if it is true or not. Selling recruits will become significantly harder if they don't start winning. It has also been brought up that the program needs to start winning soon in order to set up the exit to another conference and not get left out.

24 year US Navy retired myself. That doesn't amount to a hill of beans in this conversation though and neither does my playing or coaching experience. Everybody has an opinion on message boards. WE NEED A QUICK FIX AND THE BEST QB WE CAN GET TO GET ROLLING! I think I will defer to the coaches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He asked what the difference was between a $2 million Nil and a projected nfl contract. I chose 6th round to provide some context. I was off by $20-$30k with the signing bonus

View attachment 271900
So around 200K guaranteed. No way ward is that dumb to pass up 2 million guaranteed. Sounds like he is trying to up any offers he has on the table.

“Cameron understands they might have to get somebody Monday,”

When Asked if Miami is ahead of FSU at this point or if they are keeping things all even heading into the Florida State visit:
“I don’t know how to phrase it. We were very impressed with Miami, but we haven’t met with Florida State. I’d say we were very impressed with Miami. Even though we were there 24 hours, he got to see everything he needed to see in order to make an educated decision.”

A final twist and turn -
Even though college visits will end Sunday at midnight when the dead period hits, he isn’t ruling out a school not named Miami or FSU being in this.

“I don’t think logistic-wise he’s going to do (a Sunday visit anywhere),” Calvin said. “But he doesn’t have to visit a school to go there, if that makes sense. We’ll do things over Zoom
everyone hippo GIF

Advertisement
What’s the motive? Driving up the price? Stall to entertain other (new) offers? Troll everyone?

I’m starting to think this has more to do with Howard than Ward. If it’s true that they see both of these guys as acceptable and are waiting for one of them to hop and Ward clearly isn’t ready, then how come Howard isn’t locked up? Has to be because Howard isn’t ready to sign on yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back