QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 5 hours ahead to y'all and I randomly was reading and refreshing my phone at 4am my time. Wifey was like wtf???

How do I explain I'm refreshing an internet forum, to see if a 20 year old transfer QB has agreed to play for UM for one season, to hopefully help Mario resurrect us from a limbo of multi-decade sh1tty football performance?
Easier to just give her credit card.

Advertisement
IMG_1180.jpeg

Advertisement
Again...Chill.

@Cribby said canes have their guy. He also mentioned "Patience". In one of the rare instances in the past where he's whiffed, he mentioned so fairly quickly. The fact that he responded with patience is encouraging.

Gary Sperman then posted clickbait on the other site that "the last time a QB went to prime 112 (hurts), it went poorly for us".

We heard that Ward was with JS on Tuesday. We heard that Mario was with JS on Tuesday. If Ward had already committed/transferred, it could be a recruiting violation if Ward visits a recruit with a coach. Would Mario, a seasoned recruiter, allow a top QB target to meet with a top WR target without one of them already locked in? We saw Richt do something somewhat similar in 2018 with the TE that went to UF, but that's a far reach.

I understand that I am drawing conclusions here, but what's more likely:
1- Everyone we usually trust to have the correct information is actually correct, but we need to wait for the answer that validates it.
2- The deal fell through and no insider knows that it fell through. Also, Mario let his top QB and top WR choice meet the same night that Mario visited his top WR, and then let his QB go visit a hated rival who is also after his top QB/WR choice.

I think we need to stop panicking and use some logic

Our timeline is not their timeline. If 1A and 1B both have set their own timelines (at least a week away), neither has the need to adhere to our timeline. Simple as that.

From the beginning (before confirming UM interest), both had said their plans were to take their time and take multiple visits. They're sticking to their plans. Let them do their due diligence. We'll be fine.

Who is this playoff-caliber "Quarterback to be named later"? I'm very intrigued.
Maalik Murphy just popped yesterday. There are other starting caliber QB's that are capable of running the offense who aren't sniffing 2 million a year and who would be very interested. To be clear, I expect we'll land one of these 2 guys like others who have more knowledge than i do have alluded to. I'm just not ready to jump off the Golden Gate if we don't land either.

Advertisement
Hopefully it’s out of everyone’s systems now so we can stop acting like little hoes.

It’s not the 4th quarter of a game. It’s recruiting. This is what Mario does.
It actually is the 4th quarter. 6 days to ESD. All Mario needs to do is kneel to Howard and end thr game but instead he is saying **** it, I want ward and will wind up fumbling howard, and lose ward on a hail mary to fsu.

We've been 💩 for two decades and yet you all are freaking out like we are perennial contenders only a QB away. Just plan on Michael Pratt so you can get through the day.
The panic isn’t about being a QB away from a contender. It’s about being a not great QB away from being a 5-6 win team. Yes Mario can recruit, but when you’re under .500 in your first 3 seasons, you’re gonna get left on read by more elite recruits than not. And I don’t have to remind you, what happens when Mario doesn’t have enough talent, and has to corch his way through close games.

This next year could very well spell out Mario’s entire tenure. He’s either gonna take the program to next step, or he’s gonna throw it in neutral and be fired after his contract ends, bc the school can’t afford to pay a buyout when we’re left out of the Power 2.

Advertisement
Advertisement
8 empties? You need a better waitress. You also need to go someplace with draft beer.

I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.
I appreciate the concern, i started with Cold Smoke drafts which are great Scottish ale from here in MT, I switched to this so i didn't die skiing.....so far so good. Should probably stop so i dont get Bono'd but it's fun so probably won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back