QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
They are very confident they will get one of the two. We’ll see.
jon favreau nigel gruff GIF

But we have boasters going all out they said.

Nothing is every simple for this university. Do what it takes to get Ward and close this **** out.

If he visits FSU you can guarantee he’s not coming here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Your post was entirely assumptions lol.

Meanwhile, it’s a fact that the expectation was a decision being announced Tuesday night or yesterday at the latest, and now we’re hearing three other alternate timelines.

That’s about as clear as it gets that the staff misread the situation, and as a result mislead their proxies who were all on the same page.

When did UM/Mario set that expectation, publicly, for it to be deemed "fact"?

Last I checked the words of 3rd parties can't be deemed fact regardless of their relation to the 1st party. Especially Without evidence the 1st party ever even took part or agreed with the information being released.

Advertisement
They are very confident they will get one of the two. We’ll see.
Many thanks for the update, but it sounds to me like "we'll see" isn't a strong endorsement. Further, I am getting the impression that this could drag on for a couple more days......if not longer. Hope I'm wrong!

Your post was entirely assumptions lol.

Meanwhile, it’s a fact that the expectation was a decision being announced Tuesday night or yesterday at the latest, and now we’re hearing three other alternate timelines.

That’s about as clear as it gets that the staff misread the situation, and as a result mislead their proxies who were all on the same page.
They sure do that quite a bit don’t they

Advertisement
Many thanks for the update, but it sounds to me like "we'll see" isn't a strong endorsement. Further, I am getting the impression that this could drag on for a couple more days......if not longer. Hope I'm wrong!
I think it's longer than that. Unfortunately, they should've closed the deal right before the visit ended. Now the door is open to other suitors and it can go either way. We gotta wait and prepare a plan C.

I still think we get one of the 2 but I doubt it will happen in a couple of days.

We thought the decision would be made today. There is no decision, and the process will probably continue into Thursday.

We remain in active discussions with Cam Ward and Will Howard. There is no 1A and 1B. That is misinformation spread by interested parties. There is 1 and 1, and the first one we close on will be the QB of the Hurricanes. There is no Plan C right now. All parties expect to land one of these Tier 1 QBs and move on to closing out a Top 5 high school class.
Appreciate the updates but I will join the crowd of not believing it is 1 and 1. And if it is (at even money), that is ridiculous.

Everybody on this board has a definitive opinion between the two but the staff does not? More concerning to me is if the staff is not capable of even ranking them 51%/49% in favor of one, what are we even doing here? When the Carolina Panthers had their choice of QBs last spring, ultimately you have to rank your choices. Whether the program wants to save face if they get their second choice, well then ok. And if money differential makes them even, then ok again. But if you can get both Ward or Howard for 1.5 lets say, there is a 0% it is 1 and 1. What you are saying makes me believe the staff is factoring money into the situation significantly which is fine. But no way they are not capable of evaluating which one will be a better fit for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back