QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So JV said on Tuesday, it would be “today - meaning Tuesday” or tomorrow “meaning Wednesday”.

And I for one believe this to have been true at the time. We all just have to remember that instead of attacking guys who share something shared by someone on the “inside - ala booster, UM staff” etc….it doesn’t mean that the player(s)/recruit hasn’t flipped the script and changed his mind, convinced by his camp or other teams to hold off and give it some thought etc etc etc.

This sounds like it was done, but before pen could hit paper, someone got cold feet.

For the record - I think Will Howard will be our QB1 for 2024. Imo something happened with the Ward deal and it fell through - and not anything on the UM side of the table. *I have no inside information* - just purely my opinion
I’d bet someone is Ward’s camp told him don’t marry the first girl you kiss. I’m sure FSU said whatever was needed to get him to visit. When the negotiations start who knows if FSU make$ it worth hi$ while. But Miami & Mario can’t afford to wait for him to decide. If Howard wants in and Ward doesn’t give you a clear decision by eod I’d move on.

I can tell most these ppl on this board aren’t in sales as a professional career. Rarely if ever, even with the best “value” in a deal you don’t close your prospect on the spot.

These kids have a lot of options and this is full blown free agency at this point. As I stated very early on. I’m not worried until 5pm Friday if we still don’t have a QB locked in. The circle jerk and losers on Twitter jumped the gun like they always do looking for internet clout. It’s embarrassing that everyone wants to be an “insider” “news breaker” or relevant in this world. Just sit back and enjoy the chaos of what college football has become.

Miami clearly has the money which was my concern months ago. Now it seems money is truly backing Mario so it will work out either way.

Agreed.

Also gotta judge the salesman by the quality of his wife lol.

On the composite it’s Riley 76 overall with a .96 rating and Lyle 152 overall with a .93 rating. I don’t think 247 has Lyle ranked at all, which is weird.
That may change once they do the end of the year update, if they haven’t already not sure when that happens. Lyle had a strong close to the season, I’d presume a bump would be in order.

Advertisement
Old School- We gotta keep our composure on Make a GIF

ok now put yourself on the shoes of the entity offering the high salary job. You don’t let the prospective employee dictate the terms and you try however possible no to give them opportunity to see other jobs. You make the offer and the offer has an expiration date that’s like 24-48 hours from now. The U Can’t afford to wait for this dude any more than that imo
The transfer portal is an employee market not an employer market. The deals are pretty much the same with every company. You pick the best company that’s right for you. If it was an employer market you would be correct.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Miami was probably thinking that they had this in the bag after the visits but sometimes things are more complicated and now we wait. I would not expect any news for at least a week from now. Precautionary.

Anyone know which QB has more moxy? After watching TVD for a couple years I need a guy with some FIRE! I feel like even D’Eriq King was pretty even keel. I want a MF talking ****, saying he’s the best and celebrating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
respectfully, this is a false premises where it requires two people to consent. sometimes you have the will and the way and the means and it simply doesn't happen. you see this all of the time in business deals, diplomacy and other arenas. for example let's say we offer him $3MM equal to $1MM more than any other suitor but other terms/conditions are more important and drive the other person away.
Where there are Wills, there is a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back