QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can’t really fault Mario and staff for going after the biggest qb target in the portal. Not their fault that he took forever to decide to be a day 2-3 draft pick. Pretty much every other option that was on the board when he visited is still available. As insiders have said, they knew this was a possibility and were exploring other options in the meantime
He is more likely to be undrafted than be a day two pick. 6th round is the likely landing spot.

The length of time this took is really annoying. We gotta go with plan b and maybe c now that he's off the board, really wish the kid had made up his mind earlier.

kiss of death fox GIF by MasterChef Junior
Spot on

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** we did all that for nothing? Not sure what happened behind the scenes of course, but shouldn’t have put all our eggs in one basket. Should’ve put more/equal time and resources into Howard or someone else.

Cam says he's going pro (briefly 😂) but ISN'T HIRING AN AGENT. So he kinda sorta kept his word with the announcement coming on New Year's Day, but is still keeping his options open by not hiring an agent?
Immediately it's disseminated that Miami is in contact with a couple of other qb's. Dual in purpose imo - appearing/likely to have been exploring options and secondly signaling to Cam that his offer is about to no longer be an option. Hmmm...walking away from some serious coin Cam. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this kid and his camp wavers.

Advertisement
He isn't healthey according to the Trojan peeps.

I was never convinced we were upgrading over a healthy TVD when he hit the portal.

Unfortunately that is where we still are.
They dont know how healthy he is. He dipped cause their NIL is ******* around

Advertisement
They didn’t offer what we were offering.

This was by all accounts, an egregious and large NIL offer. Larger than his market value but necessary to change the narrative surrounding Mario and QBs + this program.
Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

We came in second place to the NFL... smh.

I would 100% take Nelson. His highlights are very impressive

I'd def take him but I'd love to have a guy with proven starter experience for 2024 and let this kid learn the system and get comfortable 1 more yr kinda like Oregon did...well see...ideal scenario would be Howard/Nelson or KJ/Nelson so naturally that probably means miami will have jacurri/emory/judd lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back