QB Battle

Advertisement
Blah blah blah blah more of this fluff that we already knew. This off-season BS is like banging your head against the wall constantly. Filler fluff etc. has to stop. What's next who is the LBs wait we covered that, what about who's going to make an impact blah blah blah. F Sake.

Rosier's problems weren't mechanics, or that he was 10 lbs heavy. His problem was simply not being able to make reads and get the ball accurately to his targets when he did. Those problems won't be fixed with mechanics or salad.
Its gotta be the dressing then 😁🤔

Great read!

Seems like the Jerren Williams hype train may want to slow down until he gets a grasp on the playbook.

But the N’Kosi Perry train looks to be back on schedule.

Based on how spring practices are run, with almost zero QB contact, Perry should be his best self.

If Shirreffs could look competent in spring sessions last year, Perry better look like an absolute star, IMO.

Advertisement
“Malik, like everywhere else, is going to have to prove it,” he said recently. “There are no scout-teamers in the spring. Everybody’s got a chance to show what they’ve got.”

Rosier is a tough runner and a strong-armed passer. He enters his third year in Richt’s system, and has a year under his belt as a starter. However, accuracy has never been his strength. In a phone interview last Thursday, Rosier described his completion percentage — 54 percent on the season, 50.7 in the final three months, 44.9 in the final three games — as “OK. It definitely needs to go up.” :nba-kobe-bryant-upset:

In fairness to Rosier: it didn’t help that top receiver Ahmmon Richards was hurt all year, sure-handed running back Mark Walton was lost in October and tight end Chris Herndon went down in late November. But his misfires in season-ending losses to Pitt, Clemson and Wisconsin soured fans, and had him back in Mobile, Alabama after the season to regroup with David Morris, his old quarterback coach.

“He watched all my games and he said there were a couple small things that were throwing my throwing form off,” Rosier said. “The longer the season went … I got away from the fundamentals.”

On questions of mechanics, Morris was deferential to UM’s coaching staff (incidentally, UM quarterbacks coach Jon Richt, after graduating from Mars Hill in 2013, worked as a trainer for Morris’ QB Country office in Nashville). He did notice Rosier, a right-handed former high school baseball catcher, “would occasionally fly open” from his left side as he ****ed his throwing arm, as would a catcher throwing from his knees.

“That really was the main thing,” said Morris, who is high on Rosier’s talent but admits his accuracy must improve. “If there was another thing, it’s usually [to] get that left foot planted in the ground and try not over-stride. I think he got it immediately. I think they’ve touched on it before. If you can understand that going into the offseason, you can really grow.” 👀

While the coaching staff trusts Rosier and expresses faith in him publicly, they’re critical behind closed doors. Days after losing in the Orange Bowl, Rosier was in the film room with Jon Richt for a tough 90-minute session.

“They didn’t think I played exceptionally bad, but they didn’t think I played exceptionally well,” Rosier said. “They thought I just kind of did my job, which is something they’re pushing to change. Last year was my first year starting. I was trying to do my job. This year, they’re pushing for leadership. It’s not good enough to just be good at your job. They want to see that person who’s going to make everyone else great. You’ve got to make the O-line great. You’ve got to push them to be better than what they think they can be. … You did your job, but what did you do extra to help us win that game?” 👀
Against Wisconsin, Rosier was told he didn’t do enough.

“We went up 17 points, and when they started catching up, nothing I did really helped the team get back on track and take the lead over,” he said. “That’s something we’re trying to fix, we’re trying to change.”

“Agile and explosive” is also a way to describe Perry, a 6-foot-4, 185-pound four-star recruit in the 2017 class. Rosier said he enjoys mentoring him.

“You can start seeing him becoming more of a leader,” Rosier said. “Last year they were telling him things he needed to know, and this year he can explain why he needs to know it. His knowledge of the game is getting so much better. Everyone knows he has a cannon for an arm, he’s an accurate guy. But just to see his mind open up and start to understand concepts, it’s going to help him in the spring and the fall.” 🤔

Blah blah blah blah more of this fluff that we already knew. This off-season BS is like banging your head against the wall constantly. Filler fluff etc. has to stop. What's next who is the LBs wait we covered that, what about who's going to make an impact blah blah blah. F Sake.

You sound like another millennial crying about an injustice. Try beating your dog... Or stay off the board until you feel non fluff time has come. If that doesn't work try drinking bleach.

Is it just me or does it feel like every time Rosier does an interview I leave it with even less faith in him than I had before?

Advertisement
We can compete in the ACC Coastal with Rosier but not on a national level, he's just not good enough. Really hoping that Perry takes that next step and earns the job this offseason.

Good article

We went up 17 points, and when they started catching up, nothing I did really helped the team get back on track and take the lead over,” he ( Rosier) said. “That’s something we’re trying to fix, we’re trying to change.”

That statement surprises and scares the shtz outta me!!! ......Nothing you could have done? Really!!??

Bottom line is I want to win. I want the best man leading us at QB. If Rosier is again selected for that job so be it. I must say that IMO he seemed complacent and lackadaisical towards the end and played like and evidently thought like ...I've done all I can already, That statement bears it out. Maybe last year was all he had to give.

Well, I hope CMR finally does "FIX IT" `and I'd be lying if I said that I thought starting Rosier again is the answer to fixing it and getting beyond the Coastal

I think you are twisting the kids words around a little bit there. He didn't say he was helpless, he said he was ineffective. He is saying that he should have been able to make enough plays to hold off Wisconsin, not that he felt there was nothing he could have done.

I think you are twisting the kids words around a little bit there. He didn't say he was helpless, he said he was ineffective. He is saying that he should have been able to make enough plays to hold off Wisconsin, not that he felt there was nothing he could have done.

Agree - he was just saying nothing he did was working, not that there was nothing he could have done. I think he was just reflecting on and owning his own bad play, not admitting that he's useless lol

we need to send rozier out there in the first half, run him a bunch, let him take some shots, soften up the defense. then bring in the real talent for the 2nd half.

Advertisement
Rosier on Perry...
"Becoming more of a leader"
"Knowledge of the game getting so much better"
"Can explain why he needs to know it"
"Understands concepts"
"Cannon for an arm"
"He's and accurate guy"

My take: That's one small step for Perry, one giant leap for Miami.

My take: you have a guy who has failed in becoming more of a leader saying another guy has to become more of a leader. If Perry steps up here it looks like it's his job. Seems he has the other stuff checked off the list.

Advertisement

Maybe you should stick to following UTexas football.

Perry should win the job but CMR has a history of going with the veteran guy. I hope I’m wrong cause we’re not winning big with Rosier.

I think if it's neck and neck, that's the standard operating procedure to go with the guy who has been out there. But last year it was basically Sheriffs and Rosier battling. We saw how bad Sheriffs was in actual games. Now Perry with a year under his belt can give Rosier more competition than he has ever had. I don't think Richt would hesitate putting Perry above Rosier if he outplays him. He knows what he is getting with Rosier and nothing in that article suggests to me that Rosier is "the guy".

Advertisement
Back