Q&A

Advertisement
Best fight between our own players during practice?

We used to be able to fight a lot under Golden but the new staff punishes guys if we do much now. One practice 2 years ago DJax hit Yearby late out of pounds and Duke ran across the field and blindsided DJax and a huge fight started

How open is this coaching staff to listening to what the players have to say?
You say you think we should have run off tackle more, or utilized Braxton in the slot more, etc. But would this staff listen to what the players have to say and actually consider making changes?

Because it seamed to me the last staff, Dorito especially, would not give a **** what anyone had to say, and would probably try to make them seem like an idiot for suggesting something.

Honestly I'm not sure as a whole. I know Dugans would take our input on certain routes

Advertisement
What was D'Onofrio like?

Its weird for me because he really liked me and was pretty nice to me, and I've heard from some coaches that he's a good guy outside of football. During practice he was a screamer though and kept everyone on edge. Always too stubborn in his philosophies

Advertisement
Was AQM really nuts?

Yeah how did the whole rental car bs play out in the locker room?
Gotta imagine guys were ****ed that they really ****ed it up when they (Grace and AQM) were going to be counted on.

Everyone was disappointed. They were nice guys and the D was a huge question mark coming in, so everyone felt deflated at the time when they got kicked off. People who weren't good enough to get free cars were ****ed that guys would be dumb enough to drive theirs around campus

Advertisement
Didn't realize Mayes and Jackson were so fast...

Jackson Vs. Henley Vs. Mayes?

Any of them have starting potential or most likely career backups with Dean and Bandy coming in?

Fast straight line, not as quick though and can still get shook at the line. Henley is pretty quick and fast. Out of those three Jackson has the best chance to contribute

Henley is just small he def is an athlete though.

Best fight between our own players during practice?

We used to be able to fight a lot under Golden but the new staff punishes guys if we do much now. One practice 2 years ago DJax hit Yearby late out of pounds and Duke ran across the field and blindsided DJax and a huge fight started
Duke was all heart. He deserved a lot better coaches and now he is getting ****ed in Cleveland

Was AQM really nuts?

Yeah how did the whole rental car bs play out in the locker room?
Gotta imagine guys were ****ed that they really ****ed it up when they (Grace and AQM) were going to be counted on.

Everyone was disappointed. They were nice guys and the D was a huge question mark coming in, so everyone felt deflated at the time when they got kicked off. People who weren't good enough to get free cars were ****ed that guys would be dumb enough to drive theirs around campus

Please delete this.

Advertisement
Fellow Indiana native here- Lawrence Central alum. There were rumors that players told recruits to not come when Golden was here. Any truth to that?

Did any guys ever snap at Golden toward the end?

Talk back or make a snide remark? Something like that?

How would you rate the talent of the RB's on the roster last year in comparison to each other - Walton, Yearby, Gus & Homer?

Before Gus got hurt he was the best of all of them, but wasn't quite the same after. Mark is the most talented all around, Joe ran the hardest and Homer was the best athlete

Did bleakvern pay you to say this?
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION]

LOL at all you gots who ragged on me about Gus....still praying he stays...This Fake player said the exact said thing I have said about gus for 3 years now ..also hit the nail on the head about Homer which i have also said hes the best athlete but not the best running back

biDFHU0.gif

I'm with you Vern. I always thought it was close, but Gus was the best of what we had. So it's good to see someone on the team with that same opinion.

It's funny that so many people mentioned Yearby coming off a broken leg his Freshman season, but no one mentioned Gus coming off of Lisfranc surgery this year.

Homer & Burns are are completely different levels than Walton physically & athletically. I'm hoping one of them can overtake Walton.

Advertisement
Back