Q & A with N'Kosi Perry

Just hope this kid is as good as the hype cause we really need him to be...

And I knew that 207 Was BS cause if he had put on 25-30 lbs that fast it would have either been bad weight or needle weight.

Like 23 said above you just can't put on good weight that fast.....not without " help" anyways....

Needle weight? Did he transfer to Bama?

No...that's why I said the 207 weight was BS.....if he had gone to Bama he'd be a solid 215 right now..lol

Advertisement
Hope for the best but plan for the worst. Rosier and Shirreffs need to be viable options, because Perry will need to be one of the most college-ready and fastest learners of all time at the QB position to both start and play well enough to help get us to 10 wins. Kaaya was 6-7. Teddy was 7-6 (5-5 as a starter). Robert Griffin was 4-8.

On the other hand, I was surprised to find out that several true freshmen have actually done well. You guys will know most of their names. Hopefully Perry earns a spot in that pantheon. Here's the article I found when googling this subject:

True freshman QBs who led teams to the best seasons. | Sports on Earth

Too add on to Perry. Dugans expects Thomas and Harley to be here this month. Also Dee Delaney and Trajan Bandy should arrive this month as well.

One thing that will benefit Perry that Kaaya either didn't ever have or lost late in his college career is numbness to pressure. In every interview he hits the same notes about doing work, competing, learning and letting everything else fall into place.

Despite what the fan base wants him to be, he doesn't appear to think of himself as the savior of UM athletics. That will give him a much better chance of not only taking the job, but succeeding at it. It's a long term vision for his career that hopefully translates to on field performance, whenever that opportunity comes.

Just another fun stat: There has only been one Freshman QB (True Freshman) to come in and lead his team to a national title. Jamelle Holieway, Oklahoma, 1985

Advertisement
Just another fun stat: There has only been one Freshman QB (True Freshman) to come in and lead his team to a national title. Jamelle Holieway, Oklahoma, 1985

Pretty much the only true freshmans QBs whose teams had high success were running QBs. Some teams did OK with passing QBs, but the passing QBs put up bad statistics and most of them only started a handful of games, not an entire season.

History shows that true freshmans QBs (aside from one outlier running a wishbone offense) don't win anything significant. Hopefully, Perry can be the first to win something significant, but I get the feeling we're looking at an 8 or 9 win season due to our QB situation probably no matter which guy starts.

Our QB situation (and team) reminds me of LSU/UF the last couple years and UGA Rick's final season--excellent defenses, lots of talent, pretty weak results because the QB situation was a mess.

Pretty much the only true freshmans QBs whose teams had high success were running QBs. Some teams did OK with passing QBs, but the passing QBs put up bad statistics and most of them only started a handful of games, not an entire season.

History shows that true freshmans QBs (aside from one outlier running a wishbone offense) don't win anything significant. Hopefully, Perry can be the first to win something significant, but I get the feeling we're looking at an 8 or 9 win season due to our QB situation probably no matter which guy starts.

Our QB situation (and team) reminds me of LSU/UF the last couple years and UGA Rick's final season

Our QB situation (and team) reminds me of LSU/UF the last couple years and UGA Rick's final season--excellent defenses, lots of talent, pretty weak results because the QB situation was a mess.

guessing the Defenses those teams faced, as a whole, are tougher than what we will face this year...

One thing that will benefit Perry that Kaaya either didn't ever have or lost late in his college career is numbness to pressure. In every interview he hits the same notes about doing work, competing, learning and letting everything else fall into place.

Despite what the fan base wants him to be, he doesn't appear to think of himself as the savior of UM athletics. That will give him a much better chance of not only taking the job, but succeeding at it. It's a long term vision for his career that hopefully translates to on field performance, whenever that opportunity comes.

Don't worry UM will make sure he feels the pressure. That's what we do best, mentally crush our QB's with expectation.

Advertisement

guessing the Defenses those teams faced, as a whole, are tougher than what we will face this year...

Maybe maybe not. I think the ACC is right on par now with the SEC.

Perry will either have to be the first true freshman passing QB to win anything of significance in the history of college football, or Evan or Malik will have to be a lot better than we think they are. Otherwise, we should expect 8 or 9 wins this season. QB is just so hugely important.

Who's predicting a Natonal title?

We wouldn't even be a National title contender with Kaaya at QB lol.

Maybe maybe not. I think the ACC is right on par now with the SEC.

Perry will either have to be the first true freshman passing QB to win anything of significance in the history of college football, or Evan or Malik will have to be a lot better than we think they are. Otherwise, we should expect 8 or 9 wins this season. QB is just so hugely important.

If you click through and read the article in my post above, it looks like Marino, Henne and Manning all had some success as true Freshmen QBs. That's pretty lofty company and we would be insane to expect Perry to be the next Dan Marino. But at least it shows it has been done.

We don't need to be a BCS playoff team, we just need a 9 win regular season and our recruiting class gets locked down for us to contend for the crown in future years. If Perry can do that even better. But I personally would like to see Rosier or Sherrifs step up this season.

Advertisement
The OL will look at lot better without having cement foot at QB.

******* aspiring model message board with the way you ****ers obsess about weights. **** is ridiculous.

Advertisement
The OL will look at lot better without having cement foot at QB.

Most definitely. Kaaya, great kid, but he had to have everything be taylor made to have any success. I have never seen a more immobile QB. He did the o line and even receivers no favors by his inability to extend plays.

Another thing, does Kaaya have the all time record for 3 and outs at Miami? That aspect of his game was never mentioned enough. He would flat out make some odd and awkward throws and we would never find a rhythm. I hope whomever we go with will move the chains consistently. 3 and outs have been a problem for way too long for this program.

perry2.jpg
6'3 169 vs 6'3 185

One subtle thing that I picked up on that makes me think Perry may be our guy - and be big enough for the moment - is that he said that Winston told him to just go out there and have fun.

That attitude, combined with how relaxed he looks in his highlights - just may be the difference he needs to go full out this year.

Kaaya never once looked like he was having fun. He was wound a bit too tightly - and that led to inconsistency.

True...LOL. Nkosi will be fine if he wins the job. Our schedule is pathetically weak and our defense appears to be "trending up". Lots of talent on offense and several experienced players around him.

Who's predicting a Natonal title?

We wouldn't even be a National title contender with Kaaya at QB lol.

Advertisement
Back