Q & A with Mike Harley

mhkemh

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Question & Answer with Miami wide receiver signee Mike Harley

The Kid weighed 155 after the season and is up to 162. Also said he is coming for Richards freshman receiving yards record. Spoke highly of Perry said he had confidence and A lot of heart. I love the demenor of these young men coming in. A lot of confidence and motivation to get better and be the best.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Wish him the best but at 162 ,could be some issues with him blocking downfield. Would need to excel as a receiver to overlook 162

"I would tell guys to stay humble."

"I want to show Jeff Thomas that I'm better than him."

Advertisement
Wish him the best but at 162 ,could be some issues with him blocking downfield. Would need to excel as a receiver to overlook 162

Blocking is about desire. Blocking downfield is more about getting in the way or running interference. The only issue would be not giving it his all.

Blocking is about desire. Blocking downfield is more about getting in the way or running interference. The only issue would be not giving it his all.

I wonder how TB3 and Roscoe blocked. I mean those dudes were sticks when they showed up. I'm pretty sure both were in the 150's

Advertisement

I wonder how TB3 and Roscoe blocked. I mean those dudes were sticks when they showed up. I'm pretty sure both were in the 150's

Those two were major busts. So was a young Santana Moss.

Tough to see Harley make a huge impact this season with his size. Just being honest. Unless NJoku, Thomas, Cager, Berrios, and Mullins all get hurt or under perform. Would love to be wrong. But I see a redshirt in his future. Don't see him being on any ST's. Unless it's kick and punt blocking coming off the edge.

Total busts. If they'd been in 180's they'd probably amounted to something

Advertisement
Tough to see Harley make a huge impact this season with his size. Just being honest. Unless NJoku, Thomas, Cager, Berrios, and Mullins all get hurt or under perform. Would love to be wrong. But I see a redshirt in his future. Don't see him being on any ST's. Unless it's kick and punt blocking coming off the edge.

Isaiah McKenzie played his entire career at uga under 170 pounds it can be done. He will continue to add weight

Roscoe Parrish was less than 170 in college. Harley is a better route runner and just as fast.

Advertisement
Roscoe Parrish was less than 170 in college. Harley is a better route runner and just as fast.

He has Darrell Green's speed with Barry Sander's elusiveness & Jim Brown's power.

He should be the next Antonio Brown.. but obviously much much better.

I really don't care about Harley's size. I don't see him making a big impact this year unless its on special teams regardless.
Jeff Thomas is better. And Harley isn't going to beat out Richards, Berrios, or Mullins imo.
Then there's Cager and Evidence that will be battling it out for that large WR role.
And I haven't even mentioned Deejay yet, who by all accounts is playing really good. Harley's only chance of beating out Deejay is if he switches to RB.

Advertisement
Back