Q & A with Booker T Head Coach Harris

Advertisement
Didn't they offer him last year as a DB?

Maybe he just has his heart set on playing QB in college. He could go somewhere like Missouri and do alright at QB.

Ice Harris exemplifies everything that is wrong with recruiting in South Florida. Dude never even went to college yet annoints himself the czar and gatekeeper of college selection for his kids. MT is case and point...I'm sorry but there is NO rational reason any kid with talent coming out of BTW should EVER select FSU over UM if both options are available--that school is simply inferior on every dimension that matters for a kids future. IMO, Ice likes being the center of attention at the expense of his kids--he must get off on having recruiting staffs from various schools kissing his behind. The long term fix is getting an army of former Canes coaching HS football.

Brah...ur whole post is WRONG from start to finish.

1.) Ice went to college.

2.) Get over the Matt Thomas thing.,.....He was a TROLL...an quite frankly i dont even think he was that much of a troll(dude didnt even want to visit)....Ice and his son while actually "PUSHING" um...had to beg Matt Thomas to ANSWER um coaches calls...kid didnt even want to answer Barrow's calls and actually was turned off by us...Ice got him to atleast give us a "look".

3.) Ice i dont think gets off on college coaches etc....dude has been coaching along time...and at all inner city schools...in fact he is at one of the tougher schools to coach at off the field because Overtown is the toughest section in MIAMI DADE..

that being said i dont like him runnning to the media but i think it was a heat of the moment thing..think it was last recruiting class...an i think we have a clean slaate this year and he probably is good..him an barrow were always good anyway

Golden has said multiple times in interviews since signing day that he thought they had 2-3 more guys locked up (ie: they were told by that player that they were coming). Not hard to see which guys they were.

He's nothing special as a QB but he's probably has the best record of any starting QB in South Florida the past 2 seasons. He came from little league football and was 1st Team All State 2 years up straight, is 24-3 as a starter with 2 state championship appearances. Say what you want but his stats don't lie, and he plays a tough schedule year in and year out. He'll most likely win the Herald's County Play of the Year in a couple weeks but again, he's nothing special to you. He may not be 6'1 or 6'2 but you can't knock his production the past 2 seasons.

He's nothing special as a QB but he's probably has the best record of any starting QB in South Florida the past 2 seasons. He came from little league football and was 1st Team All State 2 years up straight, is 24-3 as a starter with 2 state championship appearances. Say what you want but his stats don't lie, and he plays a tough schedule year in and year out. He'll most likely win the Herald's County Play of the Year in a couple weeks but again, he's nothing special to you. He may not be 6'1 or 6'2 but you can't knock his production the past 2 seasons.

For a college QB, he's nothing special. Its great that he's won in high school, but that doesn't mean he'll be anything special in college at that position. If he wants to come as a DB, great, but as a QB he's nothing special.

Advertisement
That's my coach right there. i don't care what any of you all say but this man has helped so many young black inner city kids get to college and that's the most important thing of all!

Ice Harris exemplifies everything that is wrong with recruiting in South Florida. Dude never even went to college yet annoints himself the czar and gatekeeper of college selection for his kids. MT is case and point...I'm sorry but there is NO rational reason any kid with talent coming out of BTW should EVER select FSU over UM if both options are available--that school is simply inferior on every dimension that matters for a kids future. IMO, Ice likes being the center of attention at the expense of his kids--he must get off on having recruiting staffs from various schools kissing his behind. The long term fix is getting an army of former Canes coaching HS football.

1.) Ice went to college.

2.) Get over the Matt Thomas thing.,.....He was a TROLL...an quite frankly i dont even think he was that much of a troll(dude didnt even want to visit)....Ice and his son while actually "PUSHING" um...had to beg Matt Thomas to ANSWER um coaches calls...kid didnt even want to answer Barrow's calls and actually was turned off by us...Ice got him to atleast give us a "look".

3.) Ice i dont think gets off on college coaches etc....dude has been coaching along time...and at all inner city schools...in fact he is at one of the tougher schools to coach at off the field because Overtown is the toughest section in MIAMI DADE..

that being said i dont like him runnning to the media but i think it was a heat of the moment thing..think it was last recruiting class...an i think we have a clean slaate this year and he probably is good..him an barrow were always good anyway

Well said man! Ice was my coach and all these people in here hating on this man doing things that goes well beyond football. The man personally got me into college and out of the hood. All you MT **** riders need to get over it and take it out on MT and not ICE

His situation will probably turn out just like it has a lot of other top guys out of Miami. He'll go to Ohio State, Arizona, or Mizzou and blow up in that style of offense as a QB and most on these boards will be saying Golden is crazy for not recruiting him as a QB. It happens all the time.

You guys loyalty to the kid is clouding your better judgment. Lets face it..He cant play QB at UM. Thats not the style of offense we run. You see that Denard Robinson experiment at Michigan was great for awhile but fizzled out when it was time to pay the piper! Buddy didn't even start at QB the back half of the season. I just dont understand these kids infatuation with wanting to be Michael Vick. Vick was a FREAK athlete. FREAK! Harris isnt a freak and neither is winky. They are upper tier HS athletes.

Alot of stars played QB in HS but weren't dumb enough to think they could do it in college. (Andre Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Jason Geathers, Anquan Boldin, Ethnic Sands, etc.) Sands led his team to 2 state titles at CC and you didn't see him talkin all this BS about wanting to become a college QB. He took his a$$ right over to where the WRs were.

If Harris doesnt want to come then fine. Just don't lie to him. Let him go to Kansas State or whereever. Winky too. Lets not give these kids the impression that we are seriously considering them at QB. And lets not disrespect them by making it seem like they cant go to another offense and be successful. But when combine time comes around there senior year they are gonna regret it. Ask Denard. He probably left $15million on the table because he could have been a stud at DB or WR.

And as far as Ice. I have forgiven him for running his mouth to the media. We all make mistakes. Lets not bash the guy for eternity. MT didnt want to be here. ***** him. Kirkland too. They werent the first Booker T kids to not come to UM and they wont be the last. New year, new set of recruits.

Advertisement
Nobody is lying to the kid. There are college coaches with different styles of offense who like him at QB and because of his success he deserves that. He doesn't run around and play sandlot as a HS QB, he's actually in a offense that makes him read defenses, stand in the pocket and deliver passes. I agree that Miami isn't a good fit at the QB position for him but for Miami not to recruit him at any other position is crazy.

That's my coach right there. i don't care what any of you all say but this man has helped so many young black inner city kids get to college and that's the most important thing of all!

I'm from Fort Lauderdale and I'm impressed with the amount of assistance Ice has done for his players throughout his coaching tenure... I don't get why everyone is uptight with his comments... We had scrub coaches complaining about their players not getting recruiting by prior staffs... It happens... I didn't agree with Harris comments to the media but hey if a bunch of coaches who haven't accomplish half of what he has can complain, he has the right to voice his opinion also... That being said, he says all is cool... We're a crazy fanbase... We bash our players, coaches, alumni, president and the closes hs coaches connected to our program... Ice is a good coach and an inspiring figure within the community for posters to bash him about things they don't know is just ridiculous...

1.) Ice went to college.

Well said man! Ice was my coach and all these people in here hating on this man doing things that goes well beyond football. The man personally got me into college and out of the hood. All you MT **** riders need to get over it and take it out on MT and not ICE

your loyalty blinds you to the truth.

you've been compromised

stand down

I wont pretend to be an insider but if the staff hasn't offered Treon yet like towner4life said, then I will assume its because he refuses to commit under any other position besides QB. I dont know if he is as good of an athlete as his brother but I would think he has the skill set to be a DB. Interested to see how this plays out especially since Nigel Patton was offered.

Advertisement

1.) Ice went to college.

you've been compromised

stand down

Right and this is coming from someone that has no football skills or knowledge and ***** and moans about a coach that is putting young black males in college instead of a jail cell. What have you contributed that makes you better than Ice?

1.) Ice went to college.

you've been compromised

stand down

Right and this is coming from someone that has no football skills or knowledge and **** and moans about a coach that is putting young black males in college instead of a jail cell. What have you contributed that makes you better than Ice?
maaaan please.

black males put their own selves in jail.

but oh let me guess!!!?? the white man did dat!!? oh wait wait!! we don't get a fair shot!!!??

you still on that plantation young buck. and until you get off, you'll still be depending on someone else to put you in school

chew on that

1.) Ice went to college.

you've been compromised

stand down

Right and this is coming from someone that has no football skills or knowledge and **** and moans about a coach that is putting young black males in college instead of a jail cell. What have you contributed that makes you better than Ice?
maaaan please.

but oh let me guess!!!?? the white man did dat!!? oh wait wait!! we don't get a fair shot!!!??

you still on that plantation young buck. and until you get off, you'll still be depending on someone else to put you in school

chew on that

Lol UT gon UT.

Advertisement
You missed the whole point. Ice is a mentor. Most here are blinded because of the heat of the moment comments he made regarding the Kirkland statement. What the poster is saying that this man is one of the best to ever do it in Dade County. He's groomed many young men to successful careers; Willis McGahee, Sedrick Irvin, Antonio Bryant, Torrie Cox, Vernon Carey, and many more but most here don't know that. He's a legend in Dade County high school football when it's all said and done. He sent 2 sons to the University of Miami for Christ sake and one was a 4 time All American and probably the most decorated track and field athlete at UM ever and the other became a 2nd round draft pick as a football player.

Treon has said recently that he's open to playing DB and Miami was one of the schools he said he'd be open to doing it for. He's no doubt one of the best athletes in the country and for the hometown team to say they have to watch more film on him is kind of ridiculous especially when your rivals haven't hesitated.

1.) Ice went to college.

you've been compromised

stand down

maaaan please.

chew on that

Once again your ignorance just further proves me right. **** the white man didn't have anything to do with it but you're the one making it a racial issue. Make a difference in your community then criticize Ice.

you've been compromised

stand down

maaaan please.

chew on that

Once again your ignorance just further proves me right. **** the white man didn't have anything to do with it but you're the one making it a racial issue. Make a difference in your community then criticize Ice.

Yep.

"I'll never tell a kid not to go somewhere, but it's tough for me to tell my kids to trust UM at this point.

They don't know when an offer is going to get pulled, if they're going to do what they did to Denver today. He's an All-American. I just don't understand how they let him get out of here. I won't stop anybody from going to UM, but I can tell you I'll never help them again."

The U. of Miami doesnt need help from Ice Harris. BTW isnt the only school in S FL. What Ice has done for inner city kids is commendable but the Canes dont need his help or players from his school to be successful.

Advertisement
Back