Pylon 7v7 Championship

ajone228

Recruit
StrongArm aka Carol City the Zuuu won the championship this past weekend.

Here is the UTR recap of the Championship game.

Quick takeaway: I wouldn't write off Nayquan Wright if I was the staff. Forgot what his injury was but kid is good and plays with a nasty edge. Think he might be a better compliment to Crowley than Mcintosh imo. Also Brownlee looks like he's a good 5'11-6'0ft

Last edited:
Advertisement
Strongarm prince is my dawg.. and I got nephew's on his team #Rhodes2Greatness we coming... Xavier Rhodes is my nephew

The QB on the other team, no clue who he is, but it's been awhile since I saw a QB with fundamentals as bad as that.

StrongArm aka Carol City the Zuuu won the championship this past weekend.

Here is the UTR recap of the Championship game.

Quick takeaway: I wouldn't write off Nayquan Wright if I was the staff. Forgot what his injury was but kid is good and plays with a nasty edge. Think he might be a better compliment to Crowley than Mcintosh imo. Also Brownlee looks like he's a good 5'11-6'0ft

Y’all stay hating on McIntosh lol. Everyone seems to be a better take than him to y’all. They are all close skill wise and if they are all close why not take the legacy? It’s not like we taking a scrub because his brother played here. I **** with taking him over other recruits with simililar skill levels. If they all the same family has got to get the edge.

Advertisement
Who's the kid pulling away from everyone at 5:57 and 6:11?

Also, who's the CC QB?

Y’all stay hating on McIntosh lol. Everyone seems to be a better take than him to y’all. They are all close skill wise and if they are all close why not take the legacy? It’s not like we taking a scrub because his brother played here. I **** with taking him over other recruits with simililar skill levels. If they all the same family has got to get the edge.
When healthy you think Mcintosh and Nayquan are comparable?

Why do so many on here think posters are "hating" on recruits just because they believe another recruit is better?

Any top kid from Carol City is a Legacy.

Advertisement
My thing is, I don't understand how a recruit at one time was a must get when he was younger coming up and now all of a sudden he's not much of a must get and throughout his years, he hasn't did nothing to make his stock drop.. To many fans read into these 7 on 7 events and camps, I thought it was all about what a recruit can do on gameday in full pads and not just with they can do for a 7 on 7 or a some type of camp setting!! I like to put a kid's film on and make my evaluations off of that, not just off a 40 times and measurements..

I'm not saying Mcintosh is a bad player but let's be honest the kid is slow and i honestly question how his speed will translate to the college game. Nayquan Wright was killing it as a sophomore and if he's back healthy, he projects as a much better RB imo than Mcintosh. I'll be fine with either or but I want speed!!! Plus he's from Carol City and them boys a different breed!

How bad was Nayquan’s injury?
How bad could it have been that he’s not high on the list. His freshman film was elite.
Don’t think it’s a good idea to slow play a back like him from the Zuu.
I like McIntosh but don’t see breakaway speed in his film. If he can’t run away in high school he ain’t running away in D1.
Would love him in our team but don’t know if his speed will translate to rb here.

Last edited:
My thing is, I don't understand how a recruit at one time was a must get when he was younger coming up and now all of a sudden he's not much of a must get and throughout his years, he hasn't did nothing to make his stock drop.. To many fans read into these 7 on 7 events and camps, I thought it was all about what a recruit can do on gameday in full pads and not just with they can do for a 7 on 7 or a some type of camp setting!! I like to put a kid's film on and make my evaluations off of that, not just off a 40 times and measurements..
Fair point but who's tape is better? That would be Wright
Who plays better competition? That would be Wright

Advertisement

Could be based on upside. Some guys peak athletically earlier and don't have the same speed, explosiveness, strenght, size upside for the next level.

Joe Yearby vs. Dalvin Cook is the perfect characterization of this.

Yearby as a HS Sophomore was an absolute phenom and was looking like a Frank Gore type. Cook was an after-thought. As it progressed to senior year, things evened out at the HS level, with Cook showing elite burst and explosiveness, and Yearby not really having grown or developed at all. Both being stud HS RBs. Yearby still ended up being a productive college back, but we all know how that played out as things moved forward.

With all that said, I have no idea what the situation is with Nayquan Wright

what was injury?
How bad could it have been that he’s not high on the list. His freshman film was elite.

I think he broke his ankle.

Honestly McIntosh I don't think is a take unless it's at some RB/FB/Hybrid position.

When healthy Wright is better than McIntosh.

Advertisement
I’m Just gonna have to disagree with y’all. I don’t think wright is or was ever that good. Maybe it’s because I’m a big back type of guy. Wright doesn’t seem like he can be a workhorse to me but we all have our opinions.

I’m Just gonna have to disagree with y’all. I don’t think wright is or was ever that good. Maybe it’s because I’m a big back type of guy. Wright doesn’t seem like he can be a workhorse to me but we all have our opinions.

You stay hating on Wright

Honestly McIntosh I don't think is a take unless it's at some RB/FB/Hybrid position.

McIntosh is one of the best athletes in the state. He's been making plays since 8th grade. And he's already 6'1, 216 with room to grow.

He is a take any year. I think he has superstar potential at LB, although he is very good on offense.

McIntosh is one of the best athletes in the state. He's been making plays since 8th grade. And he's already 6'1, 216 with room to grow.

He is a take any year. I think he has superstar potential at LB, although he is very good on offense.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him switch to LB once we get him in the class. Competition in the RB room has changed dramatically in the last few years and it's only going to get tougher.

Advertisement
Back